Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ye's definitely nazi adjacent but he's also batshit crazy so it may well be all of the above. I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I honestly think Kim K (oh god what's her middle name) was a good influence on him

The world if Donda West didn't die of a botched surgery from a question surgeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tiny Timbs posted:

The fall of Chappelle is genuinely sad. At one point he was a hero, and now he’s Mitch McConnell introducing his billionaire buddies onstage.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that sometimes people just Want To Get Paid

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

McNally posted:

I'd think someone was a simulation, too, if they dated Musk.

I mean, Grimes is a rich kid whose first hardship in life was probably dating Elon so you're not wrong

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I have to say I don’t quite understand how people get addicted to gambling but I understand enough to know that it seems like, short of heroin addiction, it’s the quickest way to get to “so you’ve ruined your life” status.

You put $500 down on a horse and you made $2000 out of it for doing nothing but following your gut/brain so you throw $3000 at the next horse and you lose it all but you know what, you just gotta get a big win like the first time and you're almost back to even

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1604625986242240512

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The last few years have proven that Twitter shouldn't exist anyway. There's no value in having an Internet Account; humans aren't equipped to handle anyone in the world of 7 billion people being able to personally reach out to you at any given time. Social media should be balkanized into separate networks catered to specific groups of people instead of this one size fits all thing where the worst of everything just poisons whatever good exists. Our lives are not enriched when a swarm of swifties descend on someone making a viral joke about Taylor Swift or when some idiot concern trolls you out of nowhere about something you care about when they have 0 knowledge and 0 stake in it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's genuinely amazing how the man can have absolutely no sense of humor and no awareness of this fact.
https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1604799332909084672

I was only pretending to be retarded etc

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1604990858042159104

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Midjack posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehime_Maru_and_USS_Greeneville_collision

That boat was cursed, it crashed into three things in less than two years.

But what if they were just doing the Earth a solid and taking out the next generation of Japanese whaling "researchers"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
But also how often do you get the chance to basically spend your money to nullify a peer power's military strength at a 1:1 ratio with zero risk to yourself

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Iran as a peer power to the US would take a lot of huffing of Fox news to really believe

Soul Dentist posted:

I don't understand the yellow checkmark thing. Is that another company's logo hidden there?

E:fb

It's just sloppy work

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The view count poo poo is pure brain poison and shouldn't exist, it will literally worsen the mental health of people already too online on twitter

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

facialimpediment posted:

I don't think we're ever going to *truly* confirm that the pizza box is what led to it (so it did, gently caress it), but reuters confirmed the meat of it (probably pineapple):

https://www.reuters.com/world/romania-detains-ex-kickboxer-andrew-tate-human-trafficking-case-2022-12-30/

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1608605113756839937

As the great poet of our time says

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1608600018902192128?t=wRIPwiNWKheGJIyc3NY79Q&s=19

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What I also feel is missing from all the reporting is a connection to organized crime/illegal gambling/money laundering for/with the Romanian mob, most of what I'm reading seems just a hastily-done rehash of his first detention regarding human trafficking earlier this year.
Since then, he has tagged on literally bragging about doing all of those things with/for the Romanian mob, and there's one thing the mafia is really stoked about, it's a guy tweeting/streaming an ourcrimes.txt on literally every social media outlet that would still have him.

Further to this, this is the exact same house that was raided earlier this year, they knew where he lived and everything!! That's the raid where two women were found on the property saying they were held against their will. It's a fun narrative being spun on twitter about how he got raided again but like it's pretty obvious that this is an actual ongoing thing rather than "he made funny meme video we got him!" It's a culmination of a year's worth of investigation and prep and it's just funny this exact sequence of events unfolded.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

@getfiscal can also eat my whole rear end for being the guy that reminds everyone "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY"

I don't think Don's doing what you think he's doin

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Those are some good rear end posts though

e: I think you might be getting fiscaled here, the first post is just pretty standard posting like the average person who smarmily says "innocent until proven guilty", you got got here
the second layer of the post is the invocation of the Constitution, which is supposed to ensnare people into saying "the US Constitution does not apply in Romania" etc
the third layer of the post is that there is no 23rd Article of the US constitution, it's actually Article 23, Subsection 11 of the Romanian Consitution that quite literally says "11) Any person shall be presumed innocent till found guilty by a final decision of the court."

you can usually see the entire spread of people getting tripped up in the replies

Eej fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Good riddance, him and JP2 are responsible for so much wrong with the Church