Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

BlindSite posted:

Tornados are so foreign to me a sick part of my brain has those intrusive thoughts of - I want to know what its like to be ground zero for one.

I know theyre terrifying and life ending and tragic etc, but I have the same thought about tsunamis and hurricanes, just to bare witness to that awesome power of nature. Like in an iron man suit or something.

One flew over my house once. Everyone was in the basement waiting out the tornado warning not really being concerned, then all of our ears popped and we all got scared real quick. Knocked over a bunch of trees but the house was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Maybe we can finally start to undo the damage Scott Walker did to this state

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Gonna be in Chicago in a big and gonna get a hot dog for lunch and put some ketchup on it

Ketchup on hotdogs is good and you’re right to do it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I went to Disney and Universal in March for the first time since I was 13 and I understand some of the disney adult stuff now. Those fuckers have sunk their claws into me and won’t let go and now we’re going back again in January. My sister’s disability gets us free fast passes for the whole trip though which definitely helps.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Probably easier to just keep it at half mast instead of raising and lowering it every other week when there’s a new tragedy.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I have to cave and mow my lawn. Some parts are up to my knees and it’s getting difficult to clean up dog droppings. Sorry bees.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
She’s also an actor so it’s a little different

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Did your parents not pay their bear tax?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Harry Potter books are poorly written and contrived. JK Rowling does suck.

It’s just that when we were kids the thought of a magic world is awesome. The setting is what’s interesting, not the characters or writing or plot.

And that setting makes less and less sense the closer you look into it. The theme park stuff is incredible though and might be the best take on the material.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

ozymandius1024 posted:

I've heard that a few times over the years, and I just can't co-sign it. Aliens is almost like a different genre of movie than the original.

Aliens is a great great action movie, but Alien is a sci-fi horror classic. (T2 is unquestionably better than the first Terminator though, so no arguments there)

I think you can make the exact same argument for T1 and T2.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

swickles posted:

I have important news for the thread: Klingons are back.

Q’pla!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

We didn't watch 40 Year Old Virgin in our revisit of 2000's comedies, but standouts for not aging well in what we did watch were Eurotrip (predictable, probably was already not aging well when it came out) and Superbad.

What in Superbad has aged poorly other than the weird “cops are actually cool” stuff.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GD_American posted:

Let's get these chicks super drunk so they'll gently caress us

That’s rough but at least at the end they realize they were wrong to think that.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I don't even understand the assertion, Red and Blue were released in North America less than two months before the Game Boy Color.

The Super Gameboy also exists.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Air Skwirl posted:

Do people really watch Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune anymore. I feel like the rise of streaming and boomers dying would just completely cut their audience. Like, how many people under 60 even have the ability to watch it?

My wife and I watch Jeopardy pretty much every day if I get off work in time. We don’t stick around for the wheel though.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Is this one set in Boston?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Shinji2015 posted:

Just found out that one of the remaining century-old homes in the area might be getting torn down to make way for a Culver's, and I'm a little bummed out about it.

I'm not even attached to the house being there, but it's on a nice property that's just getting ruined for yet another fast-food chain

At least it’s a Culver’s though.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Can someone explain the appeal of lighting off like 4 fireworks over the course of 3 hours on a weeknight? I like playing with fireworks too but don’t understand setting off less than 5 and they’re not even good fireworks. Just enough to keep all the neighborhood dogs on edge.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

kiimo posted:

Well I wrote this in the Dune thread when it happened but my brother was walking into a building to pitch a script (he's a filmmaker) and Jason Momoa was coming out at the same time and he had just been cast in Dune and he was freaking out and screaming for joy and running around pushing on cars and poo poo and it occurred to us that he probably wouldn't be that excited to get cast as someone who dies early on in a movie

...unLESS

Part II didn’t get greenlit until at least a couple months after part I hit theaters so I doubt it unfortunately.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

General Dog posted:

Speaking of old men, I rate the new Indiana Jones “narrowly acceptable.” It will bring you neither joy nor chagrin.

Better or worse than Crystal Skull or Temple of Doom?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Lmao, I put that one on the parent, my reaction would be “lol sucks to be you have fun with that”, but maybe I’m a dick like that. Actually one of my kids (work client, not my literal offspring) wanted a tattoo removal, we’ve got some resources for that sort of thing but it’s usually limited to CSEC (trafficked) kids who were marked by their abuser. I did a little finagling and got the $1400 together, since I didn’t want her to deal with her dumb choice made to get illegally inked at 16 for the rest of her life, yet we’re not even 1 session deep and she already went out, got several stick and pokes from a buddy, and deeply regrets them. Sorry kid, you got one freebie, the rest are an object lesson in natural consequences, sure hope you don’t get sick from a non hygienic needle!

Need to know what the dumb tattoo was.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

She let her XO and his underlings sexually assault prisoners.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It’s been almost exactly a year since I had to put down my old lady cat. I was at a party this weekend and a stray kitten found me. Very emotional couple days. This is Charlie :3:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Joey Freshwater posted:

From the location and angle - you were sitting on the toilet weren’t you

That’s a cute cat

I wasn’t using it. Bathroom was the easiest place to keep him until the dog and other cat are ready to meet him.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Thaddius the Large posted:

VR Descent damnit! Or Descent 2. Or X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. Look, I just wanna relive my childhood and never grow up, but more so and preferably from my recliner.

That Star Wars Squadrons game that came out a couple years ago has vr support.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I have like 3 total friends who all get along but don’t really hang out with eachother unless it’s at a gathering that I’m hosting or organizin and they all have their own separate friendgroups that I’m not really part of. Makes things frustrating and lonely sometimes.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Why not join one or all of their friend groups??

Beyond inviting myself to things I’m not really sure how to to that.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Pontius Pilate posted:

That I could get behind.

Ironically for being such a bastion of milquetoast liberalism that is The West Wing, Martin Sheen has pretty good politics and isn’t a sex pest or anything iirc

He tried to sell out Yoomanity to the Reapers. No thanks.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

swickles posted:

If they just sorted things chronologically like Twitter they would be the replacement, despite privacy concerns. Half the appeal of twitter is following things live like sports or breaking news, and they seem to not get that...

And actually populated the timeline with people you follow instead of whoever the algorithm thinks you want to see would have been nice.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

kiimo posted:

He said gray hair, not gray skin

He also said erect which none of the Favre pics were. Just a lil guy with his crocs.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Forrest on Fire posted:

gently caress which Venture Capitalist you support, which KotH character most encapsulates your political beliefs?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I just watched The Flash.
Woof.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Loved Pee Wee. He’s the voice of the robot dj in Star Wars land and used to be the pilot on Star Tours.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’ve been at my job for 14 years. Company gave everyone “raises” this year, which is good in theory, but it wiped out all of the annual raises I had earned. So while I am making a little more than I was before, I also make the same amount of money as the idiot new hires that last maybe four months before they get fired. I loving hate retail so much.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Bunch of future Bobson Dugnuts

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

The voice actor for Rusty Shackleford is ok though right?

:smith:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Abugadu posted:

Epcot After Hours is a drat good way to ride the rides with near-zero wait time, no lightning pass needed. Also it wasn’t brutally hot out after 9pm. We did the Guardians ride just after the fireworks, had no line.

That ride whips rear end. What song did you get?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I don’t think a handheld lcd game has ever held my attention for more than 10 minutes.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Just finished Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem. To keep it TFF centered, you should direct all hate towards Leonardo for name dropping Tom Brady.

I do love the career arc of Trent Reznor starting as the front man of Nine Inch Nails to now making movie scores for children's movies.

Anyone whose favorite turtle is Leonardo is a cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Shocked he doesn’t have a giant poo poo eating grin