Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Steam is Epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

also Secrets of Grindea is nearly finished. the devs are working on the final boss battle currently

I added this to my wishlist christmas 2015 lmao

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Foul Fowl posted:

Zero Seconds of Silence sounds like the next big JRPG

I did not realize this was a joke reply to something, so I actually googled it lol

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Rusty posted:

I haven't played it, but I saw a video recently on Ghostlore which is a diablo2 like in EA.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1783280/Ghostlore/

It's got great art I think, not sure how it plays.

It's on gamep rear end if anyone wanted to try it out

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Omi no Kami posted:

Has anyone tried Edge of Eternity? It's been on my wishlist for a while, and it's one of those things where "7/10 JRPG" can either be awesome or incredibly terrible and it's tough to tell which from reviews.

I wouldn't call it terrible, but it's definitely not awesome. A decent indie RPG tho, and it's on gamepass if you have that

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Fruits of the sea posted:

I'm pretty happy that demos are a thing again. It's more of a general issue with Steam setting an incredibly low bar for what is allowed on its storefront. Same issue as with asset flips and early access.

The issue is less demos being a thing (demos are great). It's that there is an extreme inconsistency if it's a Store page that has a demo link (hidden on the right side), an actual demo with the demo icon and demo tag, or any iteration of Prologue that is a seperate store entry

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Ragequit posted:

Thank you all for the Dave the Diver mentions. I somehow had this on ignore from a previous see explore queue, but it looks solid as hell. How quick are the runs, and does it have a decent save structure if they are long?

They can get quite long (like 20-30 minutes 2 times a day 3 with night fishing) once you drag them out with more sustainability and storage extensions, however it gets better once you unlock side areas and the sea village because it autosaves on zone transitions, you get 3 autosave slots and 6 manual slots (but you can only save on the boat/ground)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

The Gripper posted:

It'd be completely my poo poo if it didn't have the restaurant management part, but as it is it's a weird intermission I don't care at all about between dives, but that I'm forced to do because its the only way to make money and do more of the fun part.

I pretty much don't do anything but clean dishes and refill the wasabi once or twice with the staff I hired (and with some upgrades they might clean dishes too?) They never seem to get overwhelmed if I go night fishing beforehand to keep it short.

Edit: You can also just put recipes of your most commonly brought back fish and set the recipe to auto-fill so you don't have to min/max recipes either

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Not sure if there's a thread for it but My Time at Sandrock just put out an update about their 1.0 price increase 3 days from now. It will be $40 (or I assume ~40EUR) but it is currently available at fanatical for around $15 or 18EUR. Is it worth grabbing it? I ... am kind of ambivalent about My time at Portia. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't wow me either.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

I’m seeing it for $20 on fanatical where do you get the $15 from?

Turns out it was because I was using the alpha version of isthereanydeal and that counted the coupon (which only works for full price games)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Sab669 posted:

Snagged Disgaea 7 despite poor reviews for #6

Only like 90 minutes in but it feels familiar / not poo poo. Main characters seem entertaining enough so far.

God I wish I was into Disgaea. In theory it has everything I like, but I already refunded. It's not even the anime/story/tone, I just can't get into the "embark from 1 point, throw everything, whole team goes at once".

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Monster Hunter is like Minecraft

You have your tools (weapons) and you go out and get resources (these are the monsters) and then you craft with them (you wear them as weapons or clothes)

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I can roll my eyes at all the paradox releases but I'm legit mad they got involved with Across the Obelisk. Using the paradox launcher, pricing DLCs higher than the base game. Recent reviews are mostly negative now.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

You definitely seem to be missing some buttons, what platform are you playing on?

Not only does gamepass not have all those menu options, but you cant use DLSS and you CANNOT NAME YOUR CHARACTER so you end up with a random Player #### name. Needless to say I bought it on steam

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Fun Times! posted:

Why on earth would Gamepass have a different version than Steam?

If it's anything like all the other indie problems, it's that xbox and nintendo take realllllly long to get back to you with new submissions for approval. if you aren't important you're gonna be on read for a while

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

mystes posted:

I started playing Baba Is You and now I've hit a wall where all the levels feel impossible.

I also reached the 3rd stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Internet Explorer posted:

No Rest For The Wicked looks extremely loving cool.

I know there can be no ethical consumption in this system of ours, but this is from the Ori devs. A studio deemed so toxic/mysoginistic/homophobic that microsoft severed all ties with them