Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
What do they do with transfers? I’m thinking about this way too hard, aren’t I.

One of the Ducks 10 was Anthony Brown who is terrible. Who’s the worst player from your school on that list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i fancy myself fairly familiar with a lot of american dialect but like what in the fuckin world does that mean

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

I wonder if it's more like Scottish Twitter and they're just typing in their normal accent

That’s how I tried to process it but it do not

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://twitter.com/clowespn/status/1617951918512566272?s=46&t=h1gwBqbgaEAYhy5tNf64Yw

Definitely deserved and there’s no way this doesn’t blow up in our faces. Makes me wonder if those Heupel to the NFL rumors were true and this is a reaction to that

9 mil for five years is a relative bargain

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Iowa has a vaguely competent game manager QB who can hit some short/mid throws rather than Spencer Petras so it would be hard not to improve somewhat.

I did notice that in the contract it seems to say 25ppg rather than offense scoring X PPG so it’ll be funny if (when) he gets bailed out by the defense.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

How is that offensive line? If it's not solid then... good luck with that.

I think it's probably alright but I'm basically basing that on the perception that Iowa sends OL dudes to the NFL somewhat regularly and that they have Big Beefy Boys

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Sash! posted:

No you leave me with my USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington Big Ten Pacific Division fantasy

Where do I sign

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Warbird posted:

It's the metric system you see. Do the French like basketball? I know it's quite liked in Asia, but I honestly know dick all about Euro sports outside of soccer, funny NASCAR, and singing competitions.

yea the French like basketball. it's probably like the third or fourth most popular sport behind soccer and rugby. They're not on Spain or Turkey levels but they're not far off it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I did fine at undergrad but I would have done better had I done it somewhat later in life, I think. It also put me off school forever. gently caress going back. I like learning poo poo but I didn't like school.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

so is AJ Henning good?

the michigan receiver group was not outstanding last year and he couldn't really get touches. he mostly ran jet sweeps and handled returns.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

this makes him instantly better than every northwestern receiver on the roster

I thought about saying something like that but I thought it was too mean

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

whos that broooown posted:

Oregon - Oregon State
Oregon - Washington

as a pro duck poster these both were painful but probably fun to watch as a neutral

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

I understand the recency bias angle and don't totally disagree, but the other other side of this is that if you're trying to be a conference/playoff contender, playing a Power 5 game so early can effectively end your season right when it starts. That's not always the case, of course -- depending on how the rest of the year shakes out, that loss may not matter -- but it has definitely taken the wind out of the sails of plenty of preseason contenders while others were artificially propped up by their cupcake-filled Septembers. It tends to all come out in the wash anyway, but that's my point: These scenarios largely provide the same results, just on different timelines. Tomato can opponents are tomato can opponents, regardless of when they're scheduled.

When the SEC schedules early season P5 opponents, those opponents who have a 9 game conference schedule don’t get a November cupcake game. I think that’s part of the objection.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

Sure, but we're also losing an early, risk-free tune-up game and playing a challenging opponent who could derail our season immediately. Whether you're playing your cupcakes early or late, they still provide the same opportunity to rest starters, get young backups experience, tinker with the playbook, etc. Ultimately, though, I agree with the sentiment that no one forced those conferences to go to a nine-game schedule, so it's a self-inflicted martyr complex that gets old listening to people whine about.

e: Also, the ACC still has eight conference games, often with a late-season cupcake, and no one seems to care about that for some reason, so it's not even an SEC-specific issue either.

yeah, but the opponent is also losing that tune up opportunity. if a SEC team and a Big10 team play an early season challenging game the SEC team gets an additional cupcake late in the season which the Big10 team does not, and the Big 10 team bears all of the same risks. I don't think its all that big deal but teams in conferences that play 9 conference games are generally at a disadvantage overall.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I have peacock for soccer so the specific peacock situation works out fine for me but it’s definitely a bad precedent.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Vacating wins is actually extremely funny

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I think there’s a fair amount of workload management and running back committees and if I get bored later today I might try to run some numbers.

Plus that looks like rush yards only and I suspect without looking at data that receptions by RBs are up significantly.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Might be vaguely acceptable if she was like affiliated with or went to both schools but on the other hand that’s maybe even worse

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Edit: double post

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

Cincinnati has called the UC-Xavier men's basketball game the Crosstown Shootout for basically decades.

Maybe the sponsor being Skyline instead of a gum maker helps? :shrug:

Probably makes it more acceptable that a thing called shooting is an integral part of basketball.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Pac-12 media rights deal must be wretched.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Warbird posted:

He got better and will return to calling games?

Even if you recover I think it’s fair to say getting stage 3 cancer is bad luck.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Don’t sleep on Holy Cross. They’re an OK FCS program. Made the playoffs the last four years and actually got wins in the last two. I’d probably rather watch them than like, Brown. Stadium is not interesting, though.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Sash! posted:

"I played football for Merchant Marine" sounds like something someone made up

I accidentally walked by MIT vs Mass Maritime last fall. Quality of play was about what you’d expect from Turbonerds vs Boat Guys

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Let’s introduce some kind of weird pro/rel regional system like the foreigners do with semipro soccer. Keeps regional rivalries alive while ensuring that the elite teams play elite competition.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Only way to get back to regionalism is an all FBS (or whatever they’re calling it now I forget) TV deal and that’s obviously not gonna happen.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

General Dog posted:

I'm just kind of baffled what happens to Oregon and Washington if the Big Ten truly isn't interested (or at least isn't interested enough to vote them in). Do we end up with something goofy like Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford joining the ACC?

They probably just stay in a weak PAC-10

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Seaniqua posted:

what the hell

america slanty on both sides

tulane in the pacX would be funny lets do it

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

It'll be interesting to see what they settle for (I assume, since current news hasn't been great), and how that works out.

All they needed to do was be sort of competitive it seems from my read and the new commish who is at least cooler couldn't make that happen? Or maybe he did somehow in which case he's a wizard.

Kliavkoff has been resoundingly owned by all the other conferences

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

Looks like HMM isn't connected, but Hyundai Glovis is.

It’s all connected. If you want to learn more this is a decent start: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaebol

Anyway I missed all the realignment stuff due to vacation and have come back to a very strange world. RIP conference of champions. Oregon in the big 10 is going to be weird and cause strife in my house.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

FuboTV has the split screen stuff, up to 8 (I think, might be 6) games and you can pick whichever ones you want.

It only works on some devices. I think it works on Apple TV, but it doesn’t work on our Roku.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

drewhead posted:

Works on both my Rokus. March Madness was the bomb!

What the hell? I tried it last CFB season and it didn’t work. I’ll have to try it again this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

I will be watching Navy v Notre Dame because it could be real funny

The last matchup was real close. It pains me to support navy but needs must