Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bone emulator posted:

I have bad news about the owners of literally every video game publisher.

Don’t do this please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dragon Quest XI!!!!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Getting out of modding Games before you-know-what comes out is just the smart thing to do tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He Who Must Not Be Gamed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The 7th Guest posted:

i've now watched 8 horror films from last year, resurrection the latest. it was, powerful

my rankings

1) Host
2) Resurrection
3) A Wounded Fawn
4) Dawn Breaks Behind the Eyes
5) Slash/Back
6) The Seed
7) Incantation
8) Skinamarink

watch We’re All Going to the World’s Fair

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Unbelievably lame

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1622599571971923970?s=46&t=bPXY-kXPlP54i9UQ_snWkg

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Do people get this angry at reviewers who review problematic Tv shows, music, or movies?

It’s not about them reviewing it it’s about the snivelling articles with weird justifications for why they’re doing so

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really want dem Kingdom Tears please inject it into my veins Nintendo thank you

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Could you provide sources for these claims? I've heard she made a couple tweets saying trans women weren't real women but none of the other stuff. If true then I'd like to read more. Thanks.

Here’s the constitutional crisis one: https://www.simmons-simmons.com/en/publications/cldimefby007stsmssw31a6on/uk-government-blocks-scottish-gender-bill

Basically the UK government have never used their powers to block Scottish bills being passed ever ever before this, and all the bill did was make it easier for 16 and 17 year olds to legally change their gender. This happened because of the virulent hate campaign against trans people in the UK. Rowling is an active participant in this, by far the most famous figure to do so. She is quite literally the face of the anti-trans movement in the UK, and actively uses her fame and influence to make the movement seem palatable to regular people, as well as fight for (and using her royalties and immense wealth to donate to) anti-trans causes, organisations, and legislation, all of which causes actual real world harm. It’s far more than just tweeting some bullshit.

More recently, this has led to her openly supporting far-right groups who oppose abortion and LGBTQ+ rights in general, simply because they are some of the only people to agree with her stance on trans people. It’s radicalisation happening in real time. Here’s a video on that:

https://youtu.be/Ou_xvXJJk7k

Hope this helps provide some extra context to anyone. I really cannot stress enough how the UK government have never ever EVER blocked a Scottish bill from becoming law before this completely innocuous one, and how much of a part Rowling’s campaign did in making it happen.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Having a meltdown because you feel vaguely judged that people don’t like the idea of giving money and promotion to someone causing actual real world harm is not it, imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“If you really want to defeat Rowling, you should vote in your local elections”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hogwarts Legacy thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023471

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There’s a thread for this game now continue this discussion in there imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is RBB proving as hellish for you as people were hoping?

Last night I got pizza and saw Patti Harrison (from I Think You Should Leave among other things) do stand-up and it was a wonderful time :)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

Am I the only one in these entire forums who cares about the new System Shock remake demo?
with all due respect to Nintendo or whoever they'd be finding new ways to gently caress with the consumer next week as well. I just can't care about AAA gaming anymore.
I thought you guys were my kind of dead and gay, I'm disappoint.

Really bizarre post

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol what a fuckin rear end in a top hat

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t forget BP’s favourite game MGS4!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This year I’ve completed Final Fantasy IV, Grapple Dog, and NORCO, and am in the middle of Persona 5 Royal and Pizza Tower, plus doing runs in Slay the Spire every so often (only got to the third boss so far, beat it but then it bloody resurrected or something smh). Will start Metroid Prime Remastered tomorrow, very excited to finally get to that one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

You're play9ng Persona 5 Royal??? How far into it are you... how are you finding it?

Second palace iirc. It’s cool! I haven’t played any in a while actually but I’m not dropping it or anything. Obviously the perv stuff is awful (hahaha! a teenage girl being painted nude! and she’s very uncomfortable about it! the height of comedy!) but I like the style and letting the other characters kill everyone while I go blap blap blap with my gun

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Metroid Prime Remastered is brill and very pretty

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can’t believe tory veeg always says “jRPG” with a lower case J because he has no respect for the Japanese

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pizza Tower is great but if you just want another Wario Land it’s not quite that, it’s all about speed and combos and has actual challenge. I bounced off it after the first boss but that’s just because it wasn’t what I was looking for, it’s still a v good game

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Fallout 4 isn’t a real video game

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
should spoiler tag that tbh it’s literally the last thing that happens in the movie and is a hilarious ending

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
veeg is streaming Okami a few games from now so I guess I should finally play it before that starts

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think it was only this game you were making the mistake on veeg, not every other N64 game, otherwise you wouldn’t have been using the items in the Zelda games. Although don’t get me wrong it’s still extremely funny and embarrassing for you!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

these are loving incredible but I wish they were gifs instead of videos. is that an Imgur thing?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah sick thanks, I no good compooper

e: ok no still can’t just save them as gifs to my computer or phone, Imgur is such trash lol, stop tryna be a social network you weirdos

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 13, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

She made a deal with black Phillip and just does whatever she wants

She’s truly living deliciously

Metroid Prime Remastered is very good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mario and Luigi can’t even mikiri

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am thinking of doing a fail move and actually getting a current gen console.

This explains so much

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i dont get how people play MP games this much how do you handle the time management..... so much game to play

I feel this real hard like I wanna play lots of Splatoon but I’m tryna also read books and comics and watch movies and shows as well as gaming and I can’t sink hours a day into multiplayer stuff

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can everyone please help me convince veeg he needs to stream a 100% run of Donkey Kong 64? Rarity and Regy keep saying stuff like “don’t do it veeg” and “Esco why are you such a sociopath”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It came out before Banjo-Tooie if that makes any difference? The Rare N64 platformers in release order go Banjo-Kazooie - Donkey Kong 64 - Banjo-Tooie - Conker’s Bad Fur Day. I mean I don’t mind either way but I dunno if you would prefer to do it in that order or not

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Unless Veeg is super into the 64 warts and all, I wouldn't recommend DK64.

It represents all of the worst aspects of a collect-a-thon from that era, with waaaaay too many things to collect to beat the game.

Like... it's an experience, but yall better be prepared for what that experience represents.

Why do you think I’m tryna make it happen lmao. I wanna see a man stretched to his limit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think veeg would probably be fine with the Nintendo Coin given his 2D platforming skillz

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Completed Metroid Prime Remastered. What a wonderful video game! Started to lose me a little towards the end - the artificial lengthening is really blatant, and the Fission Metroids are not a good enemy imo - but then those last couple boss fights were really sick. Very glad I finally played it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought gamers were about "No Russian"

Clearly you’ve never heard of speedrunning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
veeg if you’re going for release order for them it should be 4 - PW - Rising