Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Hi, after lurking for some time, I just wanted to introduce myself fellow guardians.

I’m a Titan main and a PVP Jotunn user. Sorry.

Also why are titans the most heavily nerfed class?

Thanks for attending my TED talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll get one of those eventually lol. Supposedly Jotunn will also eventually handle unstoppables but I wouldn't bet on it

Oh neat, I'll have to try it later. I haven't actually swapped off Striker Titan all season lmao

Welcome brother. What exotics do you tend to use with Jotunn? I kind of just dick around with whatever and use it to spice the game up on top lol

For this season I am using Synthoceps, last season was Loreley Splendor.

I usually go with something that maps to the identity of the season, next season I’ll see what makes more sense according to the seasonal artifacts ( I expect Bungie to give us a lot mote Stasis stuff so might go with Path of Burning Steps)

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I am not switching my 68 one in a life time armor for something that is 56 but looks cooler.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

RocketRaygun posted:

that's what transmog is for. I don't use 90% of the armor pieces I get, but I do actively seek out collecting every new one so I can unlock it with transmog.

true, but I do believe that random armor that you don’t pull from collections should drop 60+

I do need to go to Ada and do some bounties for transmogs

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Hackan Slash posted:

Oh man hopefully if there's more Immaru there's more Fynch.

Ghost: “That wizard came from the moon”

Immaru: “OK my little glowbugs, daddy Immaru needs you all to play close attention”

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Well, hello there fellow Dredgen

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I run “Star Baker” because cookies made of arc and hive entrails sound tasty

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

My toaster numbers seem low…

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

my fantasy is 6 titans going in with a Thundercrash and 1 phasing the witness and then just bagging his multiple heads as he lays down there flabbergasted

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

lol Warlock aspect got disabled

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

every hunter in pvp is wearing the same exotic. Knucklehead Radar, so I vote we remove the overshield of One Eyed Mask and just mark targets. Fair right?

The uptime of that exotic is insane.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Mill Village posted:

Reminder that he thinks normal difficulty raids should not have loot.

That he keeps getting world’s first and at the same time uses the same things he wants nerfed is so elitist.

I wish Fallout or Cross got it but oh well

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Bungie uses Valve’s SDR service https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/multiplayer/steamdatagramrelay

That is used to connect player to player, but they do have a connection made directly to their own infrastructure. Whoever is doing this has a lot of knowledge on Bungie’s D2 network.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

MJeff posted:

Important TWAB info:

I am not a cat person, but man this is a cute cat

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Almost there… 😈

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

https://youtu.be/4UGq_jkrmB4?si=SUkySnV6u-0Pv58R

:yeshaha:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Plus Iron Banner means a week of unceasing Jötun spam.

:sickos:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

new IB crest-based game mode fun?

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sounds like gambit (bad)

yes regular gambit == kinda bad

but

Gambit Prime? having different roles like Collector, Reaper, Sentry, Invader? that was the pinnacle of matchmade activities.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

long post ahead:

as a Jotunn main, I gravitate to the 6v6 pvp game modes and I feel they main issue with SBMM is not the “B” or “M” but the S.

Let me explain.

What is skill? How can we measure skill? for connection based match making we have an actual measurable value: Latency (disclaimer: I am a computer toucher who works for the largest ISP in the US).

Bungie has said that they can predict the outcome of the match fairly consistently when players are say 200+ points off each other.

But how do we know how these points are earned? they say “actions in the game” but how are they weighted, what contributes more to your skill number? KDA? zone captures? assists? the outcome of the match?

I find myself playing bad whenever I have teammates that do not follow the logical choice in a situation, example:

In IB control once you have all 3 zones it locks you out and the kills increase your score by a larger amount; so why would you push when the other team is in “the hunt”? you are supposed to hide and bundle with teammates to survive.

Then I overcompensate and try to either do it myself or get double teamed when expecting a teammate to read the radar and figure out is a 2v2 and if we stick together we have a chance to win the engagement.

I feel that Bungie should show us our MMR value in game, should document how your actions affect this value and show us at the end of the match the average value of the MMRs in both teams so we can understand better the outcome and give us sliders to control matchmaking: I would rather spend more time trying to find matches so there is a level playing field or I don’t care I just want to play casually and values in between.

Maybe have in game tutorials showing players basic crucible knowledge or map awareness with bots and Shaxx in your ear.

Anyways I have a lot more to say on this matter but thanks for coming to my TED talk

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

New dungeon: good

People who can not melee the scorn to pass the debuff: bad

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I hate threadlings and hunter clones.

in pvp

and now this:
https://youtu.be/kz4Hv02IBu0?si=VPrdo1K__gRkAdJ2

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

if what you dropped on death were motes in Tribute, they might sucker some Gambit players to dabble in.

Crests suck

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Kith posted:

titans are the only smart destiny players

:hmmyes:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

mods?

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

don’t go into control, avoid at all costs

it is a hellhole of sweaty individuals who will teabag you for no reason other than you killed them.

Also matchmaking is the worst.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

what is a raid recov? someone uses your account to do the raid?

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Panderfringe posted:

I'm going to run for President and my singular campaign promise is to arrest every destiny player

you have my vote OP

:yeah:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

MJeff posted:

Bungie made the call so Datto can finally win a WF. The fix is in. 😔

:hmmyes:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I did it baby!

Thanks to all of you guardians, couldn’t have done it without you

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Horsebanger posted:

The Max Verstappen av just is a cherry on top

woah, the AV was a joke from a mod in the F1 thread, yes I am a Jötunn main but would never root for RB or Max.

Get in there Lewis!

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Kith posted:

it would if i enjoyed the misery of others. i get called slurs occasionally for being a nasty no skill meanie that uses builds to make up for my personal failings, but when i was gathering grenade launcher kills i got some INCREDIBLE hate mail. the FL's grenades are just sooooo slooooooow though, i could never use it on the regular in pvp

Hate mail should only be directed to players that

- Use a Bow + 120 HC
- Use Le Monarque or Wish Ender

(just kidding let people play with what they want, Bungie will try to fix outliers at some point and never message other players)

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

Some players don’t play Hunter

some even despise them OP

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

The red war mission where you invade the almighty and have to cover yourself from the Sun was IMHO one of the best story missions in D2

aledesma fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 8, 2024

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Guardian Games can never be fair, as there are more hunters than other classes.

Bungie may try to level the odds but it is impossible.

Just allow us to fight each other in Control and Gambit class vs class

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

champion mods should not change per season and you should have multiple weapons that stun them or class verbs.

Thanks for attending my ted talk

also we might be back in a 600 auto rifle meta:

https://youtu.be/LIX9_GPvsHw?si=V7yOPF_3KoWkUwSV

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

for Destiny to continue Bungie needs to ditch D2 and create a D3 in like Unreal5

give people things you can’t do with the Tiger Engine

12 v 12 PVP
12 man raids
Clan Housing / Social areas
etc etc etc

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

ex post facho posted:

Ok I'm in love with Consecration, Pyrogale Gauntlets and Parasite with an Incadescent special on Solar Titan

me too OP

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

The onslaught round that is just shirkers and ogres can go gently caress itself.

I raise you the fallen exploding shanks + invisible vandals + big rear end brig round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Forsaken's Gambit and Shadowkeep's Champions were clearly meant to stick around for a year or so and have really overstayed their welcome

how about… Tormentor Champions say overload with health regeneration