Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

VOTE1 posted:

So the Canucks have are stuck going for it next season, with:
One star centre.
A centre who is actually a winger.
4 or 5 bottom line centres, half of these are probably actually wingers

About a dozen wingers who also seem to be actually really good when playing with Petey. “Middle 6” when not. Assume they will play the next ones up for a contract with Petey, and will then sign them to inflated contracts. Act surprised when said middle 6 wingers fail to put up points when being centred by a 4th line centre - and thus will buy them out.

One star defender
Another good defender who probably isn’t what Hughes needs in a partner.
Couple of ok 6/7 guys
A year older Myers/OEL for 15 million

Demko - maybe broken maybe fixed?

Yep. This is going to work.

Just play the Stars more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eric the Mauve posted:

Always great how the fans of every single team not in the top four in its conference at any given time passionately believe the GM is an idiot and borderline criminal and should be fired a month ago.

Hey now. The Stars have had a bad GM forever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Minor league goalie fight

Always fun

https://twitter.com/TexasStars/status/1631864223029403651?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna lose my poo poo for a Stars/Aeros rivalry

My 8 year old dreams come true. For a kid who didn't really understand a thing about sports my parents struggled to explain the difference between the NHL and AHL to me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spelling Mitsake posted:

So Connor McDavid is actually bad?

Yes. I have decided.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress the athletic imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya it's this. The league let Provorov openely be a bigot and so every bigot is doing it cause there's no consequences.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean there's no parade for silver medals but the Stars getting to the Finals, even if it was for a covid cup, was a ride I will never forget. I melted down when they beat Vegas.:qq:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

You guys got 50 wins yet?

One day

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jamie Benn

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

corn on the cop posted:

i'm pretty sure "gently caress the refs" is a universal constant in any sport

:hai:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just waiting for the day Binnington gets shithoused cause he barked at a fellow psycho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Misanthrope posted:

Jesus Christ Winnipeg... stop it.

or keep going

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like hockey but if it wants to poo poo on its own balls repeatedly until it's losing ratings to an MLS game I won't stop it. The sport is fun to watch, but boy howdy it sure seems like the culture is a tirefire and a decade or two behind the curve.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

Stars just had their pride night and Evgeni Dadonov wore the jersey, no mention of any "legal problems" for him back home in Russia

It's complete bullshit lol. They are making it up out of whole cloth to pretend to have a reason to not do the pride night outside of "our players are bigots"

A TEXAS team was not the problem child for this new fuckup in the league.

The NHL should be ashamed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mennoknight posted:

counterpoint McDavid sucks and is a wiener

That's the stuff

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cartoon Man posted:

You know it’s gonna be a long loving night when this is the first goal you let in.

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1639046948807139328?s=20

:smith: dobby

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Do people think Dallas players are severely disadvantaged in award voting or something

Yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Drunk Canuck posted:

gently caress you Teemu Selanne

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jason Robertson is good. Dang good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pungry posted:

Don't look now, but the Kraken are one point away from clinching a playoff spot in their second year of existence, and I might get to see it live on Thursday's game against Arizona :)

I hope it happens, friend

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Dallas doesn't take the division, and I think there's a good chance it doesn't happen, gonna be funny that they couldn't ever beat the Canucks. Not even once.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The games have been weird, too. It always looks like Vancouver just...inexplicably has their number. Wildest drat thing to see in person.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ThinkTank posted:

Aquilini hates Gaglardi so much I wouldn't be surprised if he uses some intermediary to post $50k on the board whenever they play the Stars.

I would support this endeavor, if it meant Gaglardi lost his poo poo over it. Go for it, Canucks. You have my full blessing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont see the Avs losing to the Preds in any fashion but hey I love surprises

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As a fan in CST both coasts can eat dung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Simplex posted:

I'm sorry, but if you have a problem staying up past 1 am to watch a 0-0 triple OT game on a Tuesday night, then you don't really "get" playoff hockey, and should probably go post in that other thread with all the loser fans.

I don't think anyone is saying they'd have a problem with that, but thank you for your contribution