Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

also also https://twitter.com/f1trolls_/status/1564234151481466880

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Frond posted:

Alpha Tauri is hosed lol.

no wonder rb wants to cut them

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Zedd posted:

Just sell it to Honda and make it a works team, also bring back Kobayashi.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Alaois posted:

Its actually the peak of motorsport, the apex of driving talent or daddy's money and cutting edge technology, hth

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Coca Koala posted:

Danny Ric is off the grid so now i gotta find a new favourite driver, currently taking applications but I think alonso is a front runner because nobody else is as good at the messy bitch drama I crave

if you're looking for a driver with a similar skill level or pace, can I recommend lance stroll?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Rhopunzel posted:

ferrari already falling apart

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

great quali, red bull easy 1 2 like they deserve, ferarri 3 4 so they have a great place to fall from and noted racist favorite alonso slightly set back from initial hype

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

this will become a mark of shame like the mclaren tag, mark my words

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

awful race

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Brownie posted:

Why does Toto make the merc reserve driver stand beside him and watch the race on his monitor while he sits? It’s weirdly consistent.

don't kinkshame him

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

why did they pit lando so many times? steering wheel flying off?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lewis switching teams would be appropriate for requisite f1 drama

unrelated https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoMp53TP75R/

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Why do the teams do their briefing/team-meetings wearing their headsets and mics and stuff?

because f1 is a blessed multicultural global sport they're all listening to translators just like the united nations

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

the icc is probably more apt

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

amazing lol

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

merc definitely split strategy just to keep George and lewis from fighting and getting pissy, which really just makes it even funnier

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lewis should be arrested and charged with attempted murder for the silverstone crash

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

toadee posted:

Hamilton at least has a personality and values you can love or hate or agree or disagree with. Max is a lovely racing robot whose favorite food is onion soup and favorite hype song is "-" according to his little pre season get to know your drivers bio he submitted. Just imagine rooting for a man whose idea of an exciting race weekend is eating onion soup in silence.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

George is going to have a bad weekend because he has to get up super early to put on union jack face paint before watching the coronation live

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Whole lot of people in this thread not respecting Cars, which is the best driving movie.

because there are no drivers its more of a walking movie

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lmao

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

well no race so shitpost we must https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsJl6kjgVqg/

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lewis/Alonso Aston-Martin with Honda engines

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1661198345346400257?t=hfRWTh0n2CHralalRdrtgg&s=19

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

george being a little rules lawyering pissboy begging for team orders again :sad:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

lance is crap

hell, i think aston is even selling themselves short with alonso. he was pretty on par with ocon last year. i mean ocon isn't exactly poo poo but c'mon.

if aston doesn't take a big swing at someone like norris for next season they're just not serious

unreal

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

big fan of this oil patch corner

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

strowns strollowns is that a thing

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

that setup is extra funny for races when it's like 4am in the uk

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

incredible quali

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Keyser_Soze posted:

Quali is dumb, mostly boring and usually skippable to the last minute of each session. Just do a random draw for order, send them out by themselves for 3 laps, done.

look at this bozo

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Rename the safety car the Dangermobile and have it drive around the track in the wrong direction during qualifying

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

it's time to take checo out to pasture and replace him with the most hilarious option: yuki

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

Bottas was the perfect second driver for a championship: rarely binned it, finished second enough to lock down the constructors, always followed team orders.

Checo isn't the worst but I bet you put Daniel Ricardo in that seat and he's at least competitive.

if you mean competitive for being the actual worst yeah

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

DTS Trip Report

Through about the first 30 minutes of the final episode (Abu Dhabi 2021) I was thinking this must have been one of the most exciting races of all time. Then Latifi bins it and F1 makes a move that makes 1980s WWF wrestling look like a fair, legitimate competition. Holy gently caress. What an absolute screw job. Toto should've punched Michael Masi in the face. I'm legitimately angry right now. Lewis should've boycotted the podium and that race should be known as the "Abu Dhabi Screwjob".

:hmmyes: you're right of course, but if we're redoing calls from 2021, then max would have still won after lewis was rightly banned from the sport for the remainder of the season for his egregious and dangerous driving causing the crash at silverstone

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

net work error posted:

Ferrari are bringing upgrades this weekend it's time for some change

hopefully ferrari HR has been working overtime sacking people

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Charles Leclerc posted:

Just finished watching quali. Charles is a loving animal, it's actually a joke that people choke on their own spit prostrating themselves over Vercrappen and Shamilton who can only breeze around in a dominant car.

did charles leclerc write this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

Hearing the average finishing position for a Dutch driver is 10th