Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Khablam posted:

People forget that Lewis had an absolute rocket for the last 5 races, thanks to using Bottas as a test-bed for working out how hard they could push that engine. Despite Max's lead, it looked like Lewis would comfortably win the remaining rounds, and Max had to take one win from them somehow.
He could have meekly just let Lewis pass him with the 22kph(both with DRS open) to 35kph(Lewis with DRS, Max without) speed advantage he was getting over the RBR, or he could push every rule to it's absolute limit.
He chose the latter and he's a better racer for doing so.

Max is machiavellian. 👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Hamilton is #blessed

Hamilton pissed off the racists, but Vettel was too close to Schumi.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Fodder Cannon posted:

i don’t think anyone here is forgetting checo is dog poo poo

He'll be racing Indycars soon enough.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

It's at like 11pm Eastern, way past my bedtime

Dang. Not even considering taking Monday off.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kvlt! posted:

could f1 race on an oval if it wasnt banked

They took the banking at Indianapolis, so it’s possible.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bip Roberts posted:

F1 famously didn't take the banking at Indy.

Sind Ralf was done dirty by inferior Michelins.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Under track radiant heating. They've got Richard Trethewey out there installing it right now.

Can we get coils that glow through the pavement?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Wow I guess I’ll just go gently caress myself

You’re a good person and shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sunk Dunk posted:

hehehehehe

I like the graphics on the curbs. That's fun.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Roughly -6C

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

This is Pirelli we’re talking about. The C5s are going to be rocks until they switch on.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My X-Ices make me feel like Tommi Mäkinen. They’re awesome.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPsWNGlE8SE

I'm so sad for my country. Ocon is gushing about what would be normal weekday fare. :smith:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

What’s also really bad are the brodozers with thousands of dollars thrown into their suspension who come to a dead stop and tip toe over a small, graded change in pavement height.

I understand I’m likely an outlier with most drivers everywhere in that I have an idea how slow and fast bump and rebound work since I can take my 86 over such a transition at the posted speed limit with no issues whatsoever.

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 12, 2023

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Is that this, “one pedal driving” I keep hearing about?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I once had the very rare experience of a Haldex differential sending power to the rear wheels.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Click clack

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sash! posted:

Best part of this was when Spurrier answered the phone as HEAD BALL COACH

2000's SAS was a blessed time.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The Gobi Desert also gets pretty cold.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

This is horseshit Varsha/Matchett/Hobbs erasure and I will not stand for it

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

ethanol posted:

idk why your talking about but imagine a calvin hobbs sticker on the back of an f1 car next to a blue line flag and a trump pence sticker. i hope thats cadillacs ultimate goal

What is Calvin pissing on, though?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

SocksAndSandals posted:

Has F1 peaked?

I see and raise you: https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/14/f1-drivers-offered-free-sex-nevada-brothel-las-vegas-grand-prix/

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

And on the seventh day, Hermann rested.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kinda want these playing cards.

https://plus44.world/collections/44-x-tmkk-2023/products/44-takashi-murakami-card-deck

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I was listening to the Shift+F1 podcast today and Mario Isola was quoted to say that the Barcelona data doesn't work because it's a higher energy circuit compared to Las Vegas and the idea of increasing the tire blanket temperatures is being toyed with.

Full quote at the timestamp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZcSogT0J6A&t=2323s

Bonus points that some of the power unit components might not like being so cold as well.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

EoRaptor posted:

The engines are preheated in the garage by external oil heater/circulators, and those are also used during race start procedures. I’d worry more about brake tempts and brake duct adjustment, getting that wrong and the potential for very finicky tires could be a way worse combo.

Yeah, mentioned later on in that podcast was that teams should have everything figured out before race time. The components people are concerned about aren't part of the ICE, fwiw.

But Ferrari exist, sooo...

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Wasn't it Motoguzzi who made a motorcycle that wouldn't start below 0C because it doesn't freeze in Italy outside of the alps?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

US infrastructure at its finest. :v:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Simplex posted:

The Williams and Toyota were quick. Brawn had an edge because the Toyota power unit wasn't anywhere near as good as the Mercedes, and Toyota had one foot out the door while Williams was Williams.

I don't think any of us believed the Toyotas would sniff the podium that year.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

This is becoming a critique of US infrastructure and I’m very sad.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Alaska is really pretty, ngl.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

When I lived in Fairbanks as a kid, we would daytrip to Denali by train during the summer. It ruled.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

The type of American who sincerely enjoys this poo poo is never going to care about F1 in a million years regardless

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I feel like an NFL team using this as an audible means something: https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/20/mics-russell-wilson-broncos-calling-max-verstappen-audible-vikings-fans-loved-it

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

MustardFacial posted:

Doesn’t Lewis own part of the Broncos?

He sure does!

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/front-office-roster/sir-lewis-hamilton

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Dr Thunder is goated

Wasn’t that a Marsh brand?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I’m probably going to watch the NBA. The Pacers got three first round picks this year and I’m excited to see how the team will disappoint me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nice thing about the Pacers is you won't have to wait long to be disappointed.

That’s very generous unlike Purdue who’s going to lose to a 16 seed.