Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Why do I pay to watch this dogshit "sport."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

MustardFacial posted:

Q3 is when we'll find out.

Qft.

Although Mercedes should stop sand bagging. :ohdear:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Heh, acquaintance of mine moved from Aston to Alpine. Wonder how he feels.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Well, see everyone in 2024.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

tony quidtana posted:

This is the invention of a fat american that probably looks like or is Zak Brown (as all americans look)

Sure he can call Americans fat but when I call Italians rapists I get probed!? Where’s the fairness!?

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 8, 2023

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

a pipe smoking dog posted:

1. yes
2. because it would make people mad

This right here.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

acidx posted:

I hope he isn't stuck at ferrari until 2026.

Oh no, Sharl just sitting at Failrari collecting those fat stacks for another few years. :ohdear:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Edge lord high school SA me would make the joke, but I’m older and more empathetic now.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

tuo posted:

Don't worry, since this is F1, you'll be incredibly, aggresively bored out of your mind very soon watching it. I'd say like in two races max. Like not slightly bored, but a race will come along that hits you harder than any long covid could, that just right out sucks even the last bit of energy to stay awake out of your body, floors you right then and there, makes you truly understand what "the lights go out" really means, and when you think you can finally fall asleep, will go even one step further and put you into a nearly comatose state that would make normal, non-F1 watching people call the ambulance or depending on if they like you or not the undertaker right away. After this happened, it'll happen about ten to eightteen times more this season until the wrong guy wins WDC.

That's the moments you can watch the 2021 season, inception-style. Just remember to instruct someone to bump you back to fully awake state.

I have a 1 year old now and my wife says I have to choose my solo weekend activities.

:negative:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I power my bike with passione: no motor needed.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

FAUXTON posted:

SHAFT VERSNAPPEN

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
What did Yuki say?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Is Nico gonna be doing the same thing in 10 years, ie playing the high school football star of F1?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

slave to my cravings posted:

Merc WDC/WCC incoming:

A black Red Bull is probably the last thing Jos wants to see

Man really incredible how they realized so quickly they had a poo poo car and how to fix it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Oh no what is Max doing!? :ohdear:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sunk Dunk posted:

i wish there was a race tomorrow

Every week without a race is one where max doesn't win which is good actually.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
What did I watch

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

ArmZ posted:

watching the 8(?!) episode bernie documentary

Is this available streaming in America for free yet?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Thanks Ants posted:

Looks like nobody has picked it up yet

https://www.luckytvseries.com/

Otoh, it’s the same guy that directed Senna. Otoh, it’s 8 hours of Bernie.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Thanks Ants posted:

Just lol at the idea the FIA are going to change the results of a championship that ended nearly 15 years ago.

Not empty quoting.

I wonder if there’d be any satisfaction over “winning” 15 years later.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
For a second I thought this might be a good sprint race and then it wasn’t.

Max is awful.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Was gonna watch this one on the trainer today but my knee's acting up. Sounds like an excuse to skip both.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Charles Leclerc posted:

It's customary to loathe any driver who is dominant because they tend to become insufferable wankers about it. People hated Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton

:confused:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Zedd posted:

I tend to assume we ITT always post with at least a fair bit of sarcasm/exaggeration/irony etc. That said George does radiate the whole proper English thing.

All of my posts ITT are deadly serious OP: you guys deserve it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So chuffed right now.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
My son is 15 months old and this is the first race he is really engaged by.

Have I failed as a father?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

I am excited to see the (lack of) racing in person this year!

Out of curiosity, what does this look like? Seeing Monaco is on the bucket list, and my wife wouldn't be opposed to coming as well. How much do "decent" seats run? Can you find a hotel in Monaco for $500-1k/night during the race?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Thanks Ants posted:

They seem to be buying £100 loaves of bread and yet there's never any bread around when you need it

lol

I'm confused by the posters who think this was a good race: Bad Man still won, rain did nothing, passing minimal as usual.

Qualifying was great though.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

loving 10 mins before rain and ferrari pit sharl for mediums when max is still out there on 45 lap old mediums

Leaving carlos out there to slid around instead of pitting one lap sooner.

Fuckhead frogboy wins by a mile again sigh

At least there was some good food in Nice

How’d staying in nice end up working out? Any downside?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

Or penalized him for running into the back of kmag lol

Other than the train being a bit full and smushed today on the way home, zero downside. They also added like 70 extra trains everyday or some poo poo too. But like from time race ended to time I an sitting down in Nice eating gelato is under 2 hours which beats the Austin experience by far. I guess you miss the chance of running into a driver by chance on wednesday night or some poo poo but I would absolutely do Nice again if I were going.

The sun is ridiculously hot though without cover even at 73°. Friday and Saturday we had seats in the top row of L and T3 respectively and had shade/cover the whole day, also top row means you can stand up during the event to stretch without ushers yelling at you. We were in K today which is the main big stretch of grandstand and completely uncovered and the sun really is bad, and I lived for years in San Jose as well as have been to Vegas for work in the summer multiple times. I absolutely recommend trying to get a shaded seating arrangement. I would not sit in K again for example, even if it had a really good view of the track.

Also overall the production for local people including PA announcers and TV and sound and everything around the city was so much better than Austin. Food was half the price and much better quality of selection while also being deliverable to your seat in a reasonable amount of time.

That’s super helpful, thanks. Are you able to walk around/explore Monaco/the area at all (ie like Austin), or is everything just so cramped/tight that you’re essentially limited to a small area around your paid-for seating area?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

The actual race days are more limited to just where you get funneled, but you can do in and out to grab a bite at a cafe like said above if you want to skip porsche or whatever. We went in to monaco on tuesday and had like free reign to walk basically anywhere behind all the guardrails and stuff. We got some walking track tour that I think was worth, but you also can 100% walk around the whole track and pop out for shot looking up beau revage and poo poo np. I have a bunch of random pics around the place. It def felt way more open than Austin imo.

Also my understanding is that after the race events every day abd people clear out the place opens up more. But we only stuck around one night for a nice dinner, mostly wanted to get back to nice for the stuff there which was real nice (heh)

Nice, thanks!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

There is also a steak n shake at the bottom of beau rivage that actually sells tickets to the race apparently. It was pretty wild and tbh I’d consider it

Is there a list of places that do this? Seems like there'd be a ton of hotels/restaurants/etc that might have a great view of the track.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Huh fascinating goons love an F1 driver that refuses to workout.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

On S2E5, and as much as it pains me to say this as a lifelong BMW fanboy, my favorite team so far is Mercedes and I really like Lewis Hamilton. All my American sports teams suck, so I don't feel bad about liking frontrunners in my Euro sports.

E: Other thoughts:
Feel bad for Gasly, seems like a good kid.
Holy poo poo, F1 reporters are RUTHLESS. A lot of American sports figures would either fight or start crying if they dealt with questions like this.

Man who’s going to tell him what happens to Mercedes? :ohdear:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I found it!

Didn't dare try it on as I am no longer a size "L". You're welcome.

Congrats on losing weight!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Mokotow posted:

…or gaining it?

:thejoke:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
What a glorious shitshow.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I was doing father's day stuff so I didn't watch the race. I googled the result is it worth

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

How does each race somehow get more boring

ok yeah didn't think so.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I frequently look in the mirror and go, "phwoar."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

What car is this? 599? Is this in a museum?