Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HootTheOwl posted:

No, I think the bears are keeping Fielda, and taking maye or Williams.
Then doing a sign and trade next off season

Sign-and-trade is an NBA thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HootTheOwl posted:

lmao if the raiders reunite Getsy and Fields

If that happens I fully expect Fields to commit ritual murder-suicide to preserve his honor.

Dexo posted:

Yes.

Lamar even when he had no receivers and a Coach who doesn't believe in the forward pass has been a better and more efficient passer than Fields.

This is the biggest thing for me regarding Fields, even beyond his crummy footwork. He plays scared--and that was acceptable in his rookie year when he was running for his life like so many Bears quarterbacks had to before him, but not anymore--and if his first read is covered, he just loving panics.

Timby fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 6, 2024

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes, unlike this year where he was still running for his life because other than the two or so games the full line was there he was getting blown up every play

I'm not suggesting that the Bears' offensive line was elite, but at the very least Jenkins, Wright and Jones were very good, and Nate Davis seems legit. (They just suck when it comes to finding an efficient center.) Fields lost his poo poo the moment he couldn't bullseye DJ Moore or then Kmet as a backup option (and Moore saved a lot of Fields' bullshit throws).

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HootTheOwl posted:

Jenkins missed 5 games and Jones missed 6, but also you missed the Center, which when it comes to a QB panicking, is the most important line position. And that's how the season ended. D line men teeing off the invisible center blowing up plays before they could ever begin.

E: y'all pay for the fancy stats, what was his TTS, how does that compare?

I literally mentioned the center in the post you quoted.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

20 Blunts posted:

I would move to Chicago from Milwaukee but my partner wants a garden. also Milwaukee music scene is legit and i might as well live in the cheaper one and drive the whole hour to Chicago for gigs

Cafe Corazon in Milwaukee is heaven.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

Cool?

Fields is cool as poo poo.

Matt Forte

Mack

Peppers

Mike Brown

Jaylon Johnson

Ted Washington

Thomas Brown

You forget our good and beautiful friend Robbie Gould.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HootTheOwl posted:

Looks like we're about to see The Haul

I still don't think there's any way the Bears trade the first overall pick before the scouting combine and players' pro days, and that's still like two or three weeks away.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sataere posted:

Reports are they've already gotten a ton of offers.

Reports from whom, though?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sataere posted:

Colin Cowherd said they've already had five teams make trade offers

And Cowherd has never made stuff up out of whole cloth.

That's as silly as Cris Collinsworth babbling on Sunday Night Football that Fields had stuff to learn from Tyson Bagent.

I mean, you have a few weeks before you actually get to work these guys out yourselves, interview them, get a feel for them and how they might fit. That's when you start taking offers.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Was he dying his hair before? Maybe it's just the lighting or something, but he looks a lot greyer. I do love the beard.

He seems like a fairly intense guy and being an NFL head coach is a rather strenuous job. I remember Dick Jauron aging about two decades during his four years with the Bears.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Niwrad posted:

They aren't going to cut him. At some point the asking price will drop to a range where teams will jump in. Maybe not as a starter but as a backup.

Yeah, his most logical landing spot is as a backup. We have three years of game footage on him, and he has pretty conclusively proven that while he is very. very talented at running the ball (hell, I wouldn't be shocked to see some team try to convert him to RB while he still has some miles left on the tires), he has also very conclusively proven that he is not good at, well, pretty much everything else that's required of a quarterback. Even Cade McNown occasionally made a good play now and again.

If he is traded, I'd think a third-round pick this year and maybe a 2025 third that could convert to a second depending on percent of snaps played could get the deal done.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 7, 2024

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

xbilkis posted:

Where is there a "lotta talk" about this

Presumably Dave from Downers Grove calling into The Score.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mike N Eich posted:

I think the Bears moving to Arlington Heights has been a done deal for a few years now, it's really been just negotiating how much of a tax break AH will give them. It just makes too much sense: The Bears get their own stadium, get do with it whatever they want, make it as big as they want, they don't have to deal with the city and the park district and historic status and blah blah blah.

Plus they'd get all that sweet, sweet concession and parking revenue, which currently goes to the Chicago Parks District at Soldier Field.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's the guy who claims to be a Wisconsin superfan but has never tweeted about Wisconsin.

And he's a writer for OutKick, which is a bald-faced Trumpist "news" org.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sweet geek swag posted:

The sheer gall of the Bears in suggesting this deal is, frankly, impressive. "We hosed you over last time, please let us do it again!"

There is something perversely hilarious about Ted Phillips' final masterpiece being the purchase of Arlington National, then Kevin Warren was literally hired to shepherd the development of the project, and now the Bears, after getting into a snit with Arlington Heights' school districts, are turning around and begging for billions in taxpayer money for a stadium that is going to be even more inaccessible.