Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beartaco posted:

I don't want to see stupid loving Elon Musk memes in this thread, personally.

I think that's Limmy, not Musk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i can't speak for all of slavdom, but there's a fair amount of schadenfreude in seeing russia invade itself for once.

Uhh the last time wasn't THAT long ago.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I'm trying to think what other major world power could a column of rebel tanks roll right into the capital and not be vaporized the moment they switched directions.

Inshallah we'll live to find out.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pro starcraft loser posted:

I hope the anti Putin rebels up North are feeling emboldened by this turn of events. Assuming they are still there.

Serious question: who?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pro starcraft loser posted:

There were some Russian separatists that crossed the border from Ukraine into Russia and took a small town a couple weeks ago. Haven't heard much since so I don't know the current situation.

Oh those guys OK.
A) I'd forgotten about them.
B) Didn't even know they were somewhere North because I'm not a knowledgeable person.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Valdai doesn't seem like the most defensible position I mean it's surrounded by Forest on three sides and a lake to the north. I really don't know if Putin's thinking this one through.

Russian armies are not exactly known to excel in forests and lakes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lukashenka is going to fall out a window and Prigozhin is going to be eating big carrots with Steven Seagal. That was the deal.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This all looks like a huge "ah, well, nevertheless".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karma Comedian posted:

Do you have a source for 200m? What ive seen says minimum takeoff distance for the gripen is 500m, landing is 600m, and 800m on both for full effectiveness.

:rolleyes: you drive 200m, make an u-turn, drive back 200, make an u-turn, and then about halfway back you take off. PHYSICS, people.

If you want full effectiveness you activate your almonds and just do three u-turns instead of two.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hitchensgoespop posted:

By way of an apology, if you ever get this show together, ill make sure I come

Eww.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stuff like this is probably why military installations (at least here) have alarms on everything. Open up a light switch cover plate? That's a silent alarm. (As some conscripts I knew found out much to their own cost.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Yeah, worth noting that at least Soviet style squad typically were supposed to have one designated marksman (that's what the dragunov was made for, though it doesn't have to be a dragunov of course, variety is a thing) in each squad (I think typically 7 or 8 men). I don't know if Russia or Ukraine still follow that template though I wouldn't be terribly surprised, I've seen those marksmen refered to as snipers before but that is really kind of a misleading label as this is a soldier who still operates within a normal rifle squad, not as part of a sniper team.

I don't speak Russian or Ukrainian, but as a native speaker of a language where marksman and sniper are both the same word, I can understand the conflation.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oldsmobile posted:

Probably missing his hot dog and buns by now.

I'm sure there's a donation thread on some subforum here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My sister used to live in Port Arthur. And later on my mum too. It's like three or four blocks from here. (This is not an Anglophone city or country.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Is this based on anything or are they just calling Mike Pence a pedophile for no reason?

He's a prominent US politician. The chances of him being a nonce are about 100%.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Come on, he's not a politician from the UK.

Americans are English.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anders posted:

He was also not bad enough to let his generals actually lead the war unlike the idiot to the west of him actively made his military a lot worse

What? Lol.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There ARE too many counts. :guillotine:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Russians used a pencil (several layers of eraser + rewrite are clearly visible)

They brand them Konstruktor because you can construct your own reality with them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/bradyafr/status/1675898648499044352
The results of the damaged fuel depot in Voronezh during the Wanker SS rebellion have been published now.

Hmm those capacitors need replacing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I feel like there has been Russia will run out of ammo articles every few weeks and yet they still can outgun Ukraine easily.

Sure ammo dumps go boom and they ain't firing like they could a year ago but they still are lobbing a lot at Ukraine forces

Maybe they're running out of pipes?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

Lmao that prigozhin gets to do a coup and not only gets away with it, he gets his money back too. Lmao.

A bunch of money...maybe a bottle of perfume, too!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

Pray tell, how do you take fuel from a nuclear power plant that has recently been operating?

"Platoon, take fuel!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Computer viking posted:

"Nausea, vomiting and loss of consciousness" are not really what I'd call the most obvious effect of Lewisite?

Well you know Russian arse-warblers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you agree with ANY kind of liberal, guess what.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Best-case scenario: Erdogan does an UKIP and manages to get referendumed into joining the EU.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DandyLion posted:

Ok ok but what if I hate beets (they taste like dirt and anyone who likes them probably just likes eating handfuls of dirt), what else is there that's good?

what

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EorayMel posted:

That goon does not like beets and thus would likely not like borchst, a beet-based dish.

No I think they just haven't understood the concept of washing and peeling beets before tasting them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's kinda wild that these motherfuckers think they look threatening. Like these are some Star Citizen cosplay rear end looking motherfuckers.

The turboincel and his grandpa in the middle are dressed like someone from the suburbs going out to walk their dog in Autumn.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Kadyrov's boots are so embarrassing.

Don't yuck their yum.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait where the gently caress is the ski groove?!?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Geisladisk posted:

That column ran out of fuel because it faced stiff resistance and constant harassment from Ukrainian forces,

That's really surprising. I would've expected the reason to be that the fuel had been stolen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

if youre gonna post cringe then do it right, like this

At least Finland is in the correct place in this left/right cum non-authorian/authoritarian chart.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: Oh there were other posts and also this is the Ukraine War thread, apparently.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

I love it every time I see on twitter or discord that Bernie is a neocon because he supports Ukraine and NATO supporting them. Awesome.

Lol you read Twitter and Discord.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't think it'll be armed until it goes BWFOOP so it's fine.

Then again I guess it's a Russian grenade-thrower so :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lammasu posted:

As someone that grew up in the USSR, he of all people should know it kind of sucked rear end.

He was I the KGB. It didn't suck for him.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hey, Aesop Poprock was just asking questions!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Are there Nazis outside my basement? Yes
Are there Nazis inside my basement? No
Therefore the only ideologically pure space is my basement. Let Ukraine burn.

If you're Aesop Poprock's mother, then there are Nazis in your basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Huh, just found out one of the guys who had the bridge built is a Finnish citizen. He was in the news a while back because he sued several banks who denied him basic banking services due to the fact that he didn't actually live anywhere in the EEA. He lost.

e: I mean that, and the fact that he's a Russian oligarch profiting from the war, and is on all kinds of sanctions lists.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 17, 2023