Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Grrrround floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, similar offences here means „setting random poo poo on fire”, not “anti-Ukrainian terrorism”. Dude was caught sitting on a bus stop, watching the fire. He was known locally to set random piles of garbage and abandoned buildings on fire before.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Gdynia port in Poland. Saw this in person two weeks ago driving on the bridge above the pier, but I swear it was 1/3rd of what’s visible in this pic.

Edit:wtf

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Power Khan posted:

Places big and small look like this in the east. It will all need to be rebuilt, some places will not be rebuilt.

https://twitter.com/OstapYarysh/status/1632282407578611712

While we're at it, it will take decades to demine Ukraine.

It’s heartbreaking stuff. I saw a clip from one of the cities that changed hands in the east from a few months ago - there was a public park that somebody went to great lengths to keep awesome, with lovely hedges cut into the shape of a heard if elephants. It’s all gone now.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

What does Kryvonos translate to, I gotta know

„Crooked nose”, I poo poo you not

Edit: beaten like a Russian armored column at Vulhedar

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

tiaz posted:

is Actual Putin taller or shorter than Ben Shapiro?

AFAIK Ben is the shortest observable object in the universe

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

You know, I always find it a strange when people chose to mock Ben Shapiro or anyone other dude for the one thing he just is, no fault of his, instead of all the things he chose to be.

I'm short as well, but I chose not to be an insufferably smug dork or an imperialist dictator.

Yeah, noted. Didn’t think about it, sorry.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Why would they carry flags for recon

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Oh man, coming up on a year. I remember driving Pegleg to the border at night. It was still early-ish days, so the towns on the Polish-Ukrainian border were the last sources of light and as we drove to the Medyka crossing, beyond which there was just utter darkness. poo poo got real solem in that last stretch, esp. after a week of loving about in Warsaw. It was the middle of the night when we came into the Polish border office with bags of various gear and Leg’s, well, peg leg, to the bemusment of the lone Polish border guard inside. Old Leg got in, bounced around and came out a few weeks later and there’s at least a few dozen UA army guys that benefited directly from him being there.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Just Another Lurker posted:

You were running all over the place at the time, your posting & Edgar Alan Hoes back then made it real to me back then. :tipshat:

:blessed:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This is absolutely wild and utterly pointless at the same time. I guess in a nominal rational sense it's a good idea to prepare defenses ahead of an attack but if Ukraine is legitimately pushing on Kursk then Russia has explicitly Bigger Problems.

I guess they really expect NATO to invade Russia at this point or something.

It’s all graft, same as the fortifications in Crimea and Kherson. It’s financed centrally but built by local businesses without military oversight. The strategic value is minimal and shows how far down the corruption rabbit hole Russia has really fallen.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Tigey posted:

Yeah, Glasgow in particular have their own regional variant of the box with everything a new baby needs to get started:

Helo I’d like to report a horribile accident

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I can change her

FMguru posted:

no
                                 /

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Girkin must be absolutely terrified

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Why the gently caress does the Massachusetts Air National Guard need to have a full intelligence brief on every aspect of the Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1650925140882890760
bold strategy. Let's see if they really are stupid enough to open up another front.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Icept posted:

It all boils down to "multiple things can be wrong at the same time". But that doesn't mean each thing carries the same weight or deserves the same amount of attention.

Dude has Nazi symbols on his gear? Hey that's bad and when the dust has settled, Ukraine should take action to educate their military personnel why it's reflecting poorly on them.

Russian soldiers purposefully target women and children taking shelter with artillery bombardments? Hey that's a war crime and straight up atrocity, which cannot go unchallenged by any society claiming to care about innocent lives.

:hmmyes:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Xi talking to Zelenski is a huge deal and a wonderful middle finger to Russia’s president.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Dwesa posted:

some Russian oligarchs are somewhat unhappy

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1651197159054749696

obligatory jokes about windows, tea etc.

They’re not wrong, but it also telling that they consider post ‘89 Russia to be wonderful and full of opportunity and that only now these new guys are loving it all up.

Also, extra ironic that they got recorded.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Big Otis? This is obviously Luciano Pavarotti.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Fresh remains of an air-to-ground missile with Russian markings were found in a forrest outside of Bydgoszcz in Poland. This is nowhere near Ukraine but not that far from Kaliningrad. Poland is very hush about it.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Pekinduck posted:

My posting station.

(Fbi photo of discord leakers bedroom)

I refuse to believe this is real!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

https://youtu.be/VMiFYThWYcE

Video of the missile/thing flying over Bydgoszcz. Hard to say what it is but it’s sure moving at speed and a flat profile.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What internet shitholes are you guys burrowing into that you feel the need to constantly mock all these dumbass positions that nobody here is taking?

Who cares what some hypothetical people that are not posting here might say in any given situation?

Nah

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Roger Waters should do Comfortably Numb with Chomsky

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

The mystery rocket found around Bydgoszcz in Poland last week is rumored to be a Russian Ch-55 that was fired by a Russian jet over Belarus and tracked by NATO radars all the way back on December 16th. How does this track with the video recording of something zooming over the city from 2 weeks ago and the fact the crater was found close to a public forrest footpath I have no idea :shrug:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Beau of the Fifth Column talks about assessments that Ukraine may not have the muscle to shove Russia out, at least not during this year. Him and I hope those assessments are wrong. Arm Ukraine for a quicker end to war. Russian death state go gently caress yourself.

They won’t push them out of the Donbas and Crimea, but it’s enough if they push south to Melitopol or south from Kherson. Anything that cuts the supply line and moves artillery closer to Kerch.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Play posted:

The Polish Ambassador is one of my favorite artists, please don't hurt him

(for real though, great music)

Wait, what? I never heard about this, went rooting into his bio (and his predecessor) but I see no trace of any musicality?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Had he made it through the throng of people barring passage, he’d have to also make it across the sea of tiny Ukrainian flags.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

BrassRoots posted:

It will be directed straight into the US coffers to pay for lend lease etc. I don't think UA will see much of the seized cash.

And you’re basing this on…?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Oh no you didn’t

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Okay which SA poster is she?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

beer_war posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65615184

Don't assume it's gonna be as easy as the Belgorod raid where the Russians clearly weren't expecting an attack.

To be clear, I hope the Ukrainians smash through their defences as much as anyone. But let's not pretend it's gonna be a cakewalk.

It’s the line on the Kherson and southern front that was shown by Russians themselves to be engineered poorly and lacking any additional elements.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

All of that impotent howling about unfair "terrorist drone attacks on Moscow" breaks my loving mind. My brother in Satan, you have been launching regular massive drone attacks against civilian infrastructure in Kyiv for over a year now

It’s all the more more perplexing since all tankie talking points are based on extreme revanchism - ei. Poland being lovely in the 30’s justified the soviet-nazi collaboration in ‘39, NATO intervening in the Balkans and Iraq is justification for Russia invading Ukraine, etc.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Can someone recommend a good Telegram channel with front updates?

EDIT: You can PM

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 5, 2023

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

Where is the dog?!

Believe me, you do not want to read anything on the topic of dogs during and after the Bucha massacre. It’s an extra layer of tragedy on top the human one.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Gotta say I found today particularly hard to follow in light of the human and animal suffering due to the dam failure, on top of the, I loathe the term, usual war suffering. My kid is due in four weeks and it twists my insides to think what kind of a world he’s coming into. Think I’ll use those weeks to unsub and clear my head.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

The tank thing reminds of the Warsaw Uprising, where the desperate nazis were looking for ways to dislodge the partisans holed up in the old town ruins. They abandoned a tank outside the old town and the young Polish soldiers fell for the bait and drove it into the old town, when the explosives hidden inside were set off, killing the civilians coming out to celebrate.

http://www.sppw1944.org/index.html?http://www.sppw1944.org/powstanie/niedziela_eng.html

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

EasilyConfused posted:

How is Willo567 in two places?

Man has two balls, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

:munch: welp guess I’m not sleeping tonight

Stay safe Russian goons