Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its considered Reddit

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its still lame

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Isizzlehorn posted:

what's the point of thread rule 1 if handwaving away 'stopping the war' and 'supporting peace' isn't considered bloodlust? mfw

why would you shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I think he'll be ok.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HonorableTB posted:

Now I am wondering, do J-DAMS count as aviation strikes?

Yep

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

the holy poopacy posted:

On the one hand, the whole point of wargames is to expose potential weaknesses and measure your ability to deal with unforeseen issues, so you want to model a certain amount of bullshit from your opfor; no one needs to analyze the best case scenario. There's a limited amount you can learn from outright impossible hypotheticals, though, so you still need to keep it somewhat plausible.

This. If you "win" the wargame routinely then its not a good test.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

200k vs 120k casualties doesnt sound as one-sided as people are acting it is.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The League of Shadows, ironically. found itself aligned with the CIA methinks!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

So why again don't we just destroy their black sea fleet and be done with this nonsense?

Im trying, its hard

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tai posted:

Some drones hitting the Kremlin wouldn't do much but what you should ask yourself is what would putin do in return.

e - I also don't want to see Ukraine boots in Moscow

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HonorableTB posted:

object-279 not only looked like a ufo, but had 4 tracks

1000 hp engine with 0.6kg/cm2 ground pressure

and a 319mm turret/269mm hull covered by magic soviet space armor and heat traps

thats it, theres no punchline.

it was nigh impenetrable to anything in its era and had a really good gun. But it was pretty blatantly flawed in other important ways.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I know them

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Wee posted:

Its not world war one dude. They are known, If youre being hidden from them thats strange, because Russia and the Ukraine military and US advisors know.

Post em if you dare.

not the leaked poo poo ofc

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

everything is a Leopard

Yeah cant tell whats burning there

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HonorableTB posted:

put zelenskyy in izwf

please dont lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HonorableTB posted:

Even funnier is that the Leopard they're crowing about currently isn't even destroyed. It's already been recovered, it's being repaired, and the crew survived because the Leopard 2 doesn't cook off the ammo like Soviet tanks do. They have a blowout design that channels explosions up and out of the rear of the tank so the crew doesn't get vaporized. This basic survivability innovation turns Leopards into wonder weapons apparently.

Do you have any images or vid showing its recovery?

Ive seen images of multiple potentially killed Leo2s, but the one in the Bradley group is imo a goner.

Now why are we only seeing footage of this one scene on a multi-axis attack across multiple days is the real mystery!

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 9, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tai posted:

I think I've seen more angles of this tank than anything in this war. New photo angle, +1 Leopard to the destroyed list. Hi, it's a bit obvious it's the same tank. I'm not 11 years old.

Separate suspected Leopard 2A6 being destroyed. 7 road wheels and longer gun suggest its an A6 at least, hard to tell. Image is SFW.

The goons saying "Near-peer warfare isnt one sided" weren't kidding. This could be a photoshop since we know thats 100% a thing that happened (and still leaves me baffled), but I don't see anything immediately objectionable in the pic. The losses of tanks was almost guaranteed, but its not indicative of overall operational failure.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Pretty sure its because Ukr sources know they dont HAVE air support

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gnoman posted:

Back during the Cold War, the US did a lot to try hiding that they had Soviet kit. The stolen acquired fighters were designated YF-110 through YF-114 to disguise them as part of the old Century Series designation (later used to disguise stealth prototypes as captured study aircraft, hence the designation F-117), and were never publicly acknowledged.

Now the ones in use were openly acquired on the public market, or from ex-Soviet allies. Also technically not owned by the US government - they're operated by civilian contractors.

There were some fun accounts after Vietnam when Soviet MiG dudes fought trophy F-5's from former South Vietnam in practice duels and realized "just turn against it" doesn't work for everything.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Chernobog!?!?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oh yeah?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It was I who made the Article 5 proposal!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

SHAAAIGUUUU!!!!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

khwarezm posted:

If things actually get hot in Russia, is there any prospect that the Ukrainians could leverage this? Like their offensive is still ongoing right?

no that would be rude

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Shoigu looking increasingly isolated...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tarkus posted:

Shoigu is increasingly isolated.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

SHOIGUUUUUUU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://youtu.be/yxLPIPsaXb4

Im something of a Cedden-head

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

beef stroganoff is Russian and tasty

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eh its tbh probably less of an issue than what Ukraine is facing with heavier ordnance

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tiny Timbs posted:

big day for drones getting shot at by poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/LpcZ0th.mp4

Would rule if it spun around and the excavator attacked

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fukuyama memes rule

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

its Her turn

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://youtu.be/YttscNOoAjA

Shes gonna make an explosion, you know

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

marxismftw posted:

I like the Hilary avatars. It's finally her turn.

thank you, whoever you are......

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I dont think the Hillary avs were bought by a raging reader tbh.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

SHOIGUUUU!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Handles Are Dumb posted:

I love how this thread has turned into 10 pages of people talking about how NOT BOTHERED AT ALL they actually are about their Hillary avatars.

I love mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hand Row posted:

I am more disturbed you guys actually see avatars, which I assume means using the desktop site. Gross.

they are on phone app too tho?