Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pentyne posted:

it's pretty hard to explain but this is basically accurate

the thread goes places after the RP 'author' shows up to claim credit for their 'dream' (the Riven RP rape stuff)

Reading this thread the thing that struck me (well. Not the thing, but a thing) was that, as someone who spent years RPing on Neverwinter Nights and even ran several communities in that time, the very notion of banning or even restricting out of character talk was never even within a mile of my thoughts. I can see how that poo poo would've gotten toxic to that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

We should put the people who wanna gently caress the fire lady and the people who want to gently caress Vaporeon in a room together and make them fight to the death imo

Water beats fire, stupid

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tenkaris posted:

Hmm I found it quoted here but not the original

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...d#post471332980

lol at what I searched for

Lol at the argument going on in the midst of this thread and Ham Sandwiches being just the emptiest possible human being

Ham Sandwiches posted:

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

this. i'm not filled with boiling hate when people don't create anything at all, it just bums me out that they're missing out on this fundamentally wonderful thing
It's actually Puritan poo poo, that says that your free time must be spent productively just like your work time. Don't have garbage hobbies. Stay in shape. Eat right. Do creative things. Be a maker. Contribute.

The list of demands on Other People's time grows ever larger, even though people are ever more poor and overworked and struggle to just deal with their day to day poo poo.

But the list of requirements for how to live correctly goes ever larger. You not only have to do everything right at work and in your personal life, your hobbies must be Correct as well. The way to express this is to endlessly poo poo talk the things people do like, and imply they are bad. Garbage hobbies for garbage people.

I find this stuff very odd. And the way it's presented very odd as well.

2017 was really annoying

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Those posts make my skin crawl

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

And to think this thread stayed closed for so long

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
How much of the weird drama on this site is completely drummed up by the people claiming to be victims of it. Like ballpark. 99%??

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Toxic Mental posted:

wow and I was against sagas coming back, holy poo poo

You fool!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
May this thread never be closed again

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This only compounds my insistence that TG is the worst subforum on this web sight

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Did spr use to have a different name or am I misremembering

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nocturne is the king of SMT

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Oxxidation posted:

Psycho Serum

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

So I've gathered!

oh, is it one of those where stat buffs/debuffs stack a bunch of times?

good to know!

They stack up to 3x (so if you use -kaja 3x and then get hit with -unda once you can -kaja again)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I like Soul Hackers 2 even though it's B shelf SMT

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TheMightyBoops posted:

I want to like it but it puts me to sleep within an hour of picking it back up, that’s not even really a dig it just makes me sleepy.

It's a low energy game with a tired adult cast

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

500 good dogs posted:

i have a question

randaconda got permaed for something like sex crimes charges iirc, but how did that even get discovered? far as I could tell at the time he was a prolific pyf poster one day and then permabanned the next

That's how it was discovered, he was a super prolific poster, then he just vanished one day. Someone who knew his name looked into it, and, turns out he was arrested for (I think) possession of CP?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

How did this dipshit forum get a reputation for being the smartest forum on the internet because Jesus Christ it is just post after post of "I'm so drat excited to get a bag of random poo poo, where can I buy more???"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Danaru posted:

I started learning mahjong to get a few completion points in Yakuza and now Ive been playing it on my work breaks because that shits fun as hell. I smoked someone in Mahjong Soul with a three dora Riichi Ippatsu the other night and it straight up sent them into negative points.

Also check out Mahjong Soul, it's got some stupid anime gatcha poo poo welded to it but otherwise it's a really solid free to play online mahjong client

It really is the best one out there but be warned it does occasionally get horny splash screens for some special events

But God damnit it's good mahjong

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

okay I'm playing Nocturne and the encounter rate is kind of a lot, hopefully there's an Estoma demon somewhere nearby

also please do not confirm/deny this with anything more than a yes/no, but when the doctor lady says "if you can find me on your own, I will tell you what my deal is," she's saying that I will be locked out of getting her juicy secrets (and presumably route) if I commit to whoever the chaos/order reps are, yes?

E: also yes, Vivienne is both cool and good

It's been a while but I believe that is the case

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
lm entire ao at Sissel

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I'm the awestruck man in the background

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

lollontee posted:

just dont mention the whirligig blade in the izone

Why

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Whirligig Saw is fun but it wears its welcome after a while because it lacks the versatility of most other weapons. But then again, smash

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You know how they say we only use 10% of our brain's potential

It's exactly as meaningless as that

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

lobster shirt posted:

both games are extremely ftw but i liked chrono cross better than chrono trigger. haven't played either since high school though, probably close to 20 years ago lol

We need to stop this discussion because I am learning what psychopaths you all are

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
corn my neg hole

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmFQR0IltDQ

This guy mostly does very lengthy video game analyses but he does actually talk about themes and what kind of stuff lands in games and what doesn't but he also does these long travelogues like this one where he and a friend actually drove the Lincoln Highway across the country and it made a very good companion to achievement hunting in Vampire Survivors

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

B33rChiller posted:

I agree with Radia.
Jenny Nicholson is great.
I also enjoy Sarah Z and Izzy, especially when they're talking about some aspect of internet culture or Fandom that I have zero experience with or previous interest in. They present their stuff in a manner that's easy to listen to, and Izzy always has a different spectacular makeup and fashion thing going on. I'm a simple guy. I like pretty wild colours.

I can't deal with Sarah Z's holding a glass in one hand and never moving it or drinking from it. It's fine to have a signature thing but it just screams "this is a prop" and is so mundane that it stands out

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grassy Knowles posted:

Maybe I dreamed it but I swear she specifically mentioned that to be a thing she does to bait comments. I can enjoy the idea that people get mad enough about a glass that it drives engagement.

I mean that's fine I guess but it's effectively the same thing as that "hurr durr look at me I'm a moron" "Shut the gently caress up moron" "haha got em" comic where yeah I get what you're doing but it is actually annoying

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grassy Knowles posted:

Finding it annoying is fine but policing the body language of others to this level is not the innocuous activity you seem to think it is so it’s funny that something so minor can cause folks to do that. This is not the same as mispronouncing foreign words on purpose to drive engagement. She may drink from it on occasion but if she were to do so on screen and not edit it out then other folks would be policing that for its noise or being an affectation.

What in god's name are you talking about

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lady Radia posted:

she's saying chill out jfc

I will never betray my true self

edit: to clarify, by chilling out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Boba Pearl posted:

A goon group showed me Queen recently like a bunch of songs and I'm trying to imagine listening to 10 hours of sonic guy when Freddy Mercury worked so hard to produce the greatest songs I've ever heard.

Can't believe you're just now finding Queen