Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i am a moron posted:

It’s gonna pass by like +10, I’m more interested in 2 and the effect it will have on my MMJ prices if it does pass.

I’m in Gym’s district now for some ungodly reason and the yes:no signs are at like a 5:1 margin.

I think the GOP eats some poo poo tomarrow on abortion and younkin is tying this election hard toward doing an abortion ban so i can that blowing up in their faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Name Change posted:

Middle schoolers are the dumbest version of all humans, news at 11

Anyway, wrt polling, to give a sense of how the NY Times is using their poll, there was an immediate supporting opinion piece from Bret Stephens where he gives the dumbest Bush Republican takes imaginable.

I'm honestly not that worried about it, the ex-president is about to get convicted of crimes and the GOP can't figure out how to campaign on taking away women's rights. Trump is barely campaigning and Biden has to get his face out there all the time, so Trump is practically the unknown among the infamous undecided voters.

i think that poo poo changes when the general kicks off and the Dems have plenty of footage and audio from go knows how much court poo poo and speeches and etc. Id be more worried if haley or christie or some boring GOP ghoul got the nom and was able to moderate tone and had focus but thats probably not gonna be the case.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The House plans to subpoena Hunter Biden and James Biden for non-public depositions in the impeachment inquiry this week.

The new Speaker also says they are likely to have a vote on impeachment "very soon."

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1721618618369118490

so they have loving nothing and shutdown kicks off next week. all they are gonna do is help biden in the polls somewhat because its gonna be obvious baited bullshit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

House Republicans already said they were going to give Johnson a one-time pass on a 45-day CR. So, the shutdown probably isn't kicking off until mid-January.

maybe but who knows, i dont trust the house chuds at all.

bird food bathtub posted:

Eh, I don't think you're thinking with enough propaganda-brain. What is actually said in a Republican-lead non-public deposition only tenuously, at best, means a drat thing. The outcome will be whatever talking points Fox vomits into the brains of the swine feeding at their trough. In their minds it will be smoking gun proof of BIDEN CRIME FAMILY thus making it absolutely clear how Joe Biden is directing the corrupt and very unfair DoJ to ensure RIGGED AND STOLLEN, violating the very constitution of our country.

yeah they dont have anything and anytime they try some big daytime show hearing, it makes them look worse. they are gonna wing it and hope it helps them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I live in PA and went in around 9ish and it was mostly a slow trickle but its never really busy in the mornings

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cthulhumatic posted:

What the gently caress is that under 35 number for Trump and how did they even find them

they absolutly exist, they are just more rare and the smarter ones are quiet about it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Yeah, like I said earlier, Trump's relative obscurity on the mass media side of things is leading to a "Joe Biden (meh) vs. a generic Republican (could be anything!)" mentality, especially among the politically-unengaged who might even think that the Republican primary matters and Trump might not be the nominee. Once Trump gets back on the stage and has to answer questions and rambles on annoyingly on CNN and makes everything about him again, I think a lot of independents are going to be reminded of what he's actually like.

Like, it's a weird case of being kicked off social media actually helping his public image with the general public (and not just idiots obsessed with cancel culture).

this. i know alot of people who are like that right now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Things went pretty well in the Des Moines metro tonight. Local school bonds were approved, and the "Moms For Liberty" school board candidates were soundly defeated. Des Moines will have its first female mayor in history.

https://iowastartingline.com/

They got destroyed all over last night, they lost a lot of the races in PA too. The anti trans/lgbt and book ban poo poo doesn’t work well for the silent majority it seems. The gop has lost the squishy moderates and dance party in their rush to support every social reactionary in the belief that it’s still Reaganland and they are beloved. Obviously Biden and the Dems need to work on various things but the gop is not in a good place.
https://x.com/blockedfreq/status/1722123307124658188?s=46

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 8, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Trump is the single most toxic politican in the country, people will crawl over broken glass to vote against him.

On top of that his SC doomed the GOP to be destroyed on abortion forever, the fact that the higher ups haven't realized that he is the Omen of Doom for their party and cut him utterly the gently caress loose after what, 4 complete slaughters and a decent off year in 2021 (before Dobbs) will never not be funny to me.

Like the poll numbers have to sell a horse race, because it would be boring (and get no clicks) to just go "GOP has to rig MS to come within single digits to survive, gets blown the gently caress out everywhere not deep red".

Hopefully someone convinces Trumbo's dying brain to run on a national abortion ban :getin:

i am a moron posted:

They are really convinced they own the state at this point and can do no wrong. I’m not sure if they’re even really doing normal political calculus at this point - trying to raise the threshold for voting amendments into the constitution seems like a massive miscalculation and insisting on running on unpopular platforms seems like their own hubris.

We’re gonna be voting on ANOTHER gerrymandering amendment next year, this is what happened to the last one:

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/ohios-new-voting-maps-violate-its-own-constitution

They are running the R playbook for state level politics to a T and I think the more moderate, swing voter types in Ohio are taking notice. I think younger Ohio voters are starting to get out more and are much, much more left leaning than the older folks who are dying and leaving the state for warmer places. I’m hopeful we can vote some serious changes in for the first time since I’ve lived here. The number of people I’ve heard bemoan the fact that we aren’t in the same situation as Michigan is high, especially considering I’m in Columbus and some Ohioans have a thing about Michigan.

Its all of this plus they have lost the suburbs and most of the squishy moderates and fence party types, the folks like my dad or my various extended family or etc who would vote for a kasich or a hogan or some other fiscal type boring guy but dislike the loud social hardline poo poo or know LGBT folks or are fine with abortion. like they arnt giant LGBTQ allies but the GOP going openly nazi over it mixed with book bans didnt help. its also the GOP refuses to acknoledge that they are not the silent majority anymore or at least not the silent majority when it comes to social issues and that running weird social conservatives who sound like weird /pol/ posters who talk about 100000 year old little girls while screaming nazi poo poo, isnt helping them.
I have said it in other threads but the wine/soccer mom demo for the most part isnt the scared consevrtive dipshit, they are scared social liberals now who will vote blue on abortion and because their sons and daughters or their childrends friends are LGBTQ. yeah the social nuts still obviously exist but if you follow the moms for liberty bans, most of the ban requests come from maybe like 100 people countrywide that just spend all day doing this poo poo. this isnt a majority poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 8, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

gurragadon posted:

I agree that abortion is the issue that is pushing Democrats out to vote. That's why I voted this year for a candidate who didn't even have a website or picture on Ballotpedia. Glenn Youngkin isn't really a traditional MAGA Republican and he tried a "moderate 15 week ban" and tried to make anyone seem extreme if they wanted anything passed that, but it didn't work in Virginia. This year I voted to protect abortion access, and next time I'll vote to try to get a governor who will codify it into law.

MAGA is off-putting to everyone who isn't into it, but everyone knows it already and what MAGA Republicans are. It just doesn't hit as hard as it did in 2016. These elections are some of the most important ever, but the reason that is sticking in most people's minds is abortion access, not Democracy.

Edit: A huge amount of anti-Youngkin mailers two years ago were just about comparing him to Trump, and they were indistinguishable from a pro-Youngkin ad for somebody who likes MAGA policies. What changed was the abortion ruling in the Supreme Court.

agreed but i think social conservatism in general is now a loser outside the reddist states and even thats not garunteed. abortion is primary motivator now but so is "gently caress social conservative weirdos".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

single-mode fiber posted:

I don't think it's that they don't realize, I think it's that they're stuck in last part of the saying, "he who rides the tiger cannot dismount." Trump, MAGA, the whole proto-fascist movement, everyone can see how much of an electoral millstone this has become for Republicans for years. It's a big pile of garbage that needs to be taken out, but it stinks so bad that no one wants to do it, and so the pile just continues to sit, increasing in stench. The party can't rid themselves of Trump while keeping the fascists (whose party-line votes they need to win general elections at this point); because he once delivered a presidential victory, he is the movement, and the movement is him. Those votes will either stay home, or they'll go out and primary existing Republicans (which, due to many gerrymandered districts, is the only way many Republicans could lose elections). In a vacuum, the textbook way to handle all this would be to accept a couple cycles of election defeats, punish any primary insurgents by starving them of funding and hanging them out to dry in the general elections, internally regroup and aim to start winning elections again in several years. The problem with that approach is, how many tens of millions of boomers are going to die in that regrouping time? Every year that passes, every month, puts more of their voter base into the dirt.

Anyway, I don't think many of these people are privately deluding themselves about the position they're in, they're just stuck hoping that it works or that Something Happens to otherwise change the calculus.

yeah, very good post. they have made too many pacts with too many demons and now if they break any, they will get hurt. it doesnt help that alot of evangelicals are still more loyal to trump then the GOP. That being said, i do think a decent amount of them sorta do still believe or just as cope, think they are the secret moral majority and this time people will like them and show it. trumps casual awful bigotry is "more likable" then the weird desantis/moms for chudism/ /pol/ type social conservativism that the GOP has embrased fully. these guys are having in fighting and struggle sessions over weird social conservative poo poo when most chuds just want to be able to yell the n word or tell racist jokes. one had 'broader" appeal then the other.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't think socially conservative positions in general are losing positions, but the GOP is increasingly being run by diehard ultra-conservatives who take the most extreme position possible. If the GOP kept slowly rolling abortion rights back a little at a time, incrementally piling on more restrictions and limits similar to how they'd been doing it before Roe was overturned, I think a lot of people would have let the frog boil without worrying too much about it. Instead, they're rushing straight to mash the "full ban" button and finding out the hard way that the general electorate was not ready to turn a blind eye to a victory lap this obvious.

good point. my view is the moms for liberty poo poo worked when you could point to some sex filled teen book or trans folks in sports and poo poo because that had enough outside appeal when you muddy the waters, i could see realtives of mine buying into some of that poo poo if spun the right way, but now its just too much screaming awful poo poo because they got an inch so they cirmumnavigated the globe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BUUNNI posted:

Isn't this literally the exact framing those religious book burners use as an excuse to ban books?

oh absolutly, they find the "worst ones" and etc. but the issue for them is they went way beyond it and started banning other poo poo and stuff like ruby bridges and etc. i am not defending it. i am saying what they could have wiggle room with.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BUUNNI posted:

I don't think "teen books" are actually filled with vivd sex descriptions is what I'm saying.

sure no poo poo. but boring moderates and non political people don't know that. its way easier to spin that kinda imaginary poo poo then "actually ruby bridges made me i mean my child who i totaly have cry, ban it".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BUUNNI posted:

I'm trying to follow what you're saying but I'm having a hard time parsing your writing, your post just made it seem like the "teen books" were actually filled with sex descriptions.

sorry. writing from work the point was the moms for liberty got farther when they kept poo poo vague(all these unamed teen books are sexualy explict, we should look into this) or went after issues like trans folks in sports which still a squishy issue with some moderates. Instead they just went as hard right as hard as possible and hosed around and found out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I dont care for occupy dems but this is pretty concise tweet showing how hard moms for liberty lost.
https://twitter.com/OccupyDemocrats/status/1722272745017450598

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

I'd like to see an more granular breakdown on how many of these Nazi school board candidates got cooked since they started this CRT nonsense, I know we had a ton of them go down here in 2022.

alot of loud ones in PA who have basicaly been loving their districts lost really badly. and that sounds like the case elsewhere too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

selec posted:

My favorite elections analyst, @ettingermentum wrote an extremely detailed analysis on transphobia as a campaign tool in modern American politics, and has also spoken about this in interviews. The theory he’s got is that by making the issue more and more central, they ultimately make themselves too weird for more normie voters who might have gone along with their campaigns but for being such freaks about what is a low-salience issue for most voters. It’s one thing to speak in generalities; but letting freaks like Matt Walsh or Chris Rufo into the drivers seat has made the campaigns on these issues much more alienating for voters than anybody imagined.

I cannot recommend this piece enough; it’s got a ton of data and analysis from a lefty perspective, and is laden with good anecdotal perspective too.

https://www.ettingermentum.news/p/the-modern-electoral-history-of-transphobia

thanks great article. I have theory that sorta plays into this. a while ago i read a good article about problem that effects both the chuds and honestly media culture in general and its basicaly about the death of mythos. basicaly everything has to be 100% literal and has to be explained. the article uses the example of how every movie/game/etc is has some "______ explained" video and how everything in plot is taken as literal and if not it turns into cinima sins "DING" poo poo. the chuds are in the same boat because the Q types and chuds in general think all the conspiracy poo poo is real 100 as real as the sun rising and setting. it goes deeper into that. https://www.currentaffairs.org/2021/02/satanic-panics-and-the-death-of-mythos

whats more interesting i have been reading the book that the article takes alot of points from and its genuinly phenominal. its basicaly about how the social right declared war on D&D and other games like that and how alot of the ways the chuds interacted with this stuff was almost a weird toxic paracosim of what RPG gamers do. the lense of play imploded and its all real to them. so you end up with this weird chuds basicaly playing irl dnd but they believe its real. and thats what alot of the walshs and moms for liberty folks are doing too.
https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Games-Role-Playing-Religion-Imagined/dp/0520284925

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

brugroffil posted:

They lost bigly (though no 100%) in Illinois this past spring

I think another reason they ate poo poo is because they didnt do any of the boring busy work thats involved. they just wanted to do chud version of cultural revolution and hurt LGBTQ kids and thats not popula espcially when its very very clear your not doing your basic job like making sure the schools have like janitorial staff or special ed gets funded and etc etc.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

He's only toxic and annoying to people who already aren't going to vote for him. To his supporters, he is the golden calf. It's easy to forget, but there were a lot of interviews with his supporters that said things like "I don't like his personal morals, but I can't vote for anyone else." or "I don't like how he treats women, but I have to vote for him because anyone else is terrible for America."

Being toxic and annoying is a feature, not a bug, to Trump's supporters - the miscalculation was that he'd won over enough of America to ride it to a second term.

sure but its also toxic to the moderates and squishy "fence Party" types who just want a boring haley or kasich type ghoul they look for if/when they vote conservative. that mixed with family and culture have pushed them at least socially leftishward. if that wernt true, we wouldnt have seen the last 2 elections happen. the chuds are write offs who will basicaly think trump is an eternal god being.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

;
Theres two big things at play here I should point out for people not from Kentucky:

1. Most of the counties that he flipped (rural) have only around 5-6000 people in them with an electorate of 2000 it does not take that many people voting different for big percentage swings.

2. His biggest swings in his favor in the rural counties were in the Eastern Kentucky coalfields. Unfortunately this is probably not due to the based Appalachian socialist that many online leftists like imagining as half the counties in Eastern Kentucky swung right including the famed Elliott county which was a long-time hold out of ancestral dems and swung 15 points to Cameron although with Beshear still winning. (In 2019 he won it by 19 and Trump won this county by 50 in 2016. The first time a republican won the county in the history of the county). Why was Lee and Powell county (which meet what you described) and other counties different?

They were hit hard by a 1000 year flood in July of 22. Around 40 people died. Beshear pulled out every stop in terms of government assistance, expanding UI eligibility and waiving red tape for people to get onto assistance programs like work search requirements as well as red tape for recovery workers like truck drivers transporting supplies not having to stop at weigh stations and out of state electricians being permitted to work if they were helping power restoration. He made extensive in-person visits to the area as well.

Beshear flipped those counties because the people there felt like he helped them when they needed it and he made their lives better. That's great and that's how democracy is supposed to work! But thats very different than people being disillusioned with the republican party and their platform or their being a secret silent majority thats going to power Biden through without him changing his strategy. Those same counties voted for the republicans down ticket by the margins you would expect. Beshear was the only dem in Kentucky to win on Tuesday. The others lost by around 20 points and only won the 3 counties Dems in Kentucky can always count on Jefferson (Louisville), Fayette (Lexington) and Franklin (Frankfort the state capitol).

Getting 7% of the republican party to split their ticket for you is impressive. But it was something Beshear did through things that were unique and specific to Kentucky and unique to his strengths as a candidate. Strengths that Biden doesn't really have.

Biden isn't done. A year's a long time. But he's a very very weak candidate. And he needs to take that seriously instead of hoping Republicans fumble the football again.

yeah i dont think the dems win kentucky in 24 nationally or anything. hell i doubt they flip any red states in general. My view is they probably keep the flip states they need and win them by somewhat larger margins depending on the senate/house canidates running. I think PA goes blue for example. casey is popular and the GOP is still searching for a canidate who isnt a nut to run and is afraid they some new nut will sweep the primary like masterano did. most of the moderate rich canidtaes are out of state weirdos who probably won't do as well either. I think biden has a bunch of weakness but i dont think he is a very very weak canidate. least not yet.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/1722672384019144713

Lol that they think they could pull this off. Anyway, this is why they're still having debates and running for second place in the GOP nomination, because they think if Trump gets convicted he'll go quietly into the night never seen nor heard from again.

I mean i am of the belief that Ron is just gonna stay in til the convention and try to make deals with the powers that be for the leadership role, epsically if trump is in jail.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/...ber%3D4330pti36

manchin isnt running for reelection which sorta makes sense. sucks that no other dem can win WV.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

e: beaten on Manchin news

lol. I mean my view is it sucks on some level because it guaranteed GOP seat now instead of 75% probable GOP seat and manchin could at least be worked with and helped pass some good stuff even if he lovely rear end in a top hat. i am just glad sinema is done.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Eric Cantonese posted:

Unfortunately, West Virginia will probably elect some Tuberville-type.

Do we know who is likely to throw their hat in for the West Virginia Democrats? Is it going to be Swearingen again?

jim justice is running and it will be him who wins the primary and him wins the election. he sucks and will probably end up like tuberville but he is mostly a more right leaning manchin if i read correctly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

Not if they're telling you obviously wrong things like Trump is going to outperform fivefold every Republican candidate in history among black voters .

e: unrelated: I was saying the other day I was interested in a more detailed breakdown of how the insane school board candidates fared since CRT became a thing and this thread has data for this cycle, at least
https://twitter.com/reportbywilson/status/1722379833228063219

Yeah. its good that they didnt do that well. my guess is alot of them eat poo poo next election too unless culture 180s hard in their favor, the smart ones might drop the bullshit to survive.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/SteakFrankhouse/status/1722994944678224097

Elon Musk really spent $44 billion dollars to purchase a service to give him clinical depression. I think that if we make it that long, in 50 years we're going to have to have had some serious controls or cultural mores around mental hygeine and healthy use of social media. It doesn't matter if you're a 13 year old kid or a three star general, people get so incredibly hosed up by this stuff.

so He bought a company while he was emotional uprush and assumed everyone would just love him because he was surrounded by yes men nd being love bombed by nazis. then woops. I don't believe elon was ever some super cunning dude but i do think at one point much like trump, he had way better impulse control and knew how to interact with people. now he is just some sad weirdo chasing clicks and headpats while pissing away any legitimacy he had.

haveblue posted:

Started out as a modern-day Henry Ford and turned into a modern-day Howard Hughes

Nah, he just became the OTHER part of henry ford but without any of the interesting or good parts.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 10, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

It's important to keep in mind that he never intended to buy Twitter, he was just running his big mouth and accidentally signed a binding agreement, and then did everything he could to get out of the deal. There's a lot of Elon out there talking about why he bought twitter, to do this or that, no you bought twitter because the Delaware Chancery Court was going to make you buy it.

yeah i kinda forgot about that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1...ber%3D4350pti35
https://twitter.com/RachelCoyleOhio/status/1723027794219667804

seems Ohio GOP isnt happy with the results.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/NewsWire_US/sta...%5Es1_&ref_url=
speaking of fun. how long before the chuds call for his head.

Edit; put correct link

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 10, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1724469208728195430/history

Literally fite me irl poo poo, in a Senate HELP committee. Republicans are children. (Bonus Bernie Banging Gavel)

https://twitter.com/TeamsterSOB/sta...genumber%3D4412
this is tweet that made the chud big mad. you can see why.

zoux posted:

Republican House vibes are so bad right now

https://twitter.com/cgrisales/status/1724453535184551958

https://twitter.com/cgrisales/status/1724455222095782116

We're going to see a fist fight between two members of the same caucus on the House floor at some point.

yeah the progressive cacuse signed off on the clean CR so that means the dems help the GOP pass the CR, which means johnson might get tossed again. we are gonna see a congress fight before next election. hopefully on film.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the teamster's follow up when things settle down a bit

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1724480595332608086

the energy in the capitol is so toxic right now, it makes all of the old "looks like those clowns in congress did it again" takes from decades passed look quaint

the next year is going to be insufferable

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/stephen_neukam/status/1724495205850620370

Did they have a caucus meeting today where they revealed the GOP dog died or something?

its because the GOP loving hate each other because the chuds and moral cowardice kept them from flushing trump and the foghorn bigotry down the toilet and now its been proven twice that abortion is loving poison pill for the GOP. now the freedom caucus wants a shutdown and they either get one or a clean CR is passed and johnson gets knifed and we see a whole new horror circus. i would not be shocked if internal polling looks as dire if not worse then bidens public polls because they all point to "trumps gonna win the primary and focus on himself and insane poo poo and thats not popular at all"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gyges posted:

Given the quick shot, shot, shot nature of things so far, I'm kind of surprised MTG and Boebert, or anyone and Gaetz, haven't had a hissyfit on camera yet today.

thats coming after the votes later today.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1724508142615019787

Yes it was Fetterman's dress code that destroyed congressional norms and comity. Exactly correct sir.

The guy who tried to kill Nancy Pelosi's husband, the guy that Republicans like to joke about, is on the stand in his trial and he had an eclectic media diet of absolute cranks from across the political spectrum

https://twitter.com/dustingardiner/status/1724480510498681198

https://twitter.com/dustingardiner/status/1724483867489468875

https://twitter.com/dustingardiner/status/1724490963320803814

What were they trying to pretend, that this guy was antifa or an illegal immigrant or something?

lol i love how much they hate fetterman for dressing like white guy from PA.

also yeah this guy is peak mental illness that was made worse by insane chud bullshit.

Are gangsters famous for wearing shorts?

Neither the stereotypical Italian mafia gangsters or gangsta rap-style gangsters are really associated with shorts in my mind.

he means "thug" aka, he dresses like a black kid because only black kids where hoodies and shorts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

Dispatches from Thunderdome

https://twitter.com/FarnoushAmiri/status/1724514811164099015

I feel like some of this is them all realizing they're about to fall into the eternal abyss of chaos after the HFC reneged on their clean CR deal they made with Johnson.

honestly what weirds me out is these freaks are so toxic and insecure they can't just say "yeah sorry, it was an accident" it has to be some hardcore 80s movie bravado poo poo. like I get it, i am loving edgy poster when i get mad and poo poo but like this shits just loving sad. we are gonna get a fight on the floor or on film between some of these clowns.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Earlier in Monday’s proceedings, an FBI agent testified that DePape searched terms like “Nancy Pelosi Family,” “Pelosi pig blood,” and “Nancy Pelosi’s home,” in the days leading up to the attack. He also bought several items on Amazon, including two unicorn costumes.

Look, He wanted to dress up like Twilight sparkle when he did it but the costume wouldnt fit. so he skiped that part.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

haveblue posted:

He wanted to dump the pig blood on Nancy Pelosi during her inauguration as speaker, so she would have a psychotic break and kill all of Congress with her pyrokinetic powers

this guy is actually Erebus and wants to make nancy accend to her her place in the panthion of the chaos god of decorum and unlesh the neverborn upon DC.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Well he should've grabbed the Anathame then instead of a hammer :v:

lol. the home depot hammers were actually used to kill christ and also trotsky somehow.

VorpalBunny posted:

There was that almost-scuffle during the McCarthy speaker vote, where one dude held back the other from clobbering Gaetz. That was pretty iconic, and a foreshadowing moment.

The moment: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/07/mccarthy-gaetz-rogers-speaker/

yeah we are headed toward an actual brawl.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Scags McDouglas posted:

Hmmm where do I remember similar, impotent posturing. Hmmmm. HMMMM.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/976765417908776963

projection is a hell of a thing.

anyway.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1724536617547780605

GOP coolzone is about to go critical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

Was it in question that house Dems would go for this? I mean, why wouldn’t they pass a clean CR?

Not if it was clean, the question now how long does Johnson last.