Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

it found a way to make dragons boring

But that forced people to mod replace them with Thomas the tank engine and wrestlers, making them cool again. No other game could have done that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I mean personally my headcanon is that webcomic where ganondorf decides to shortcircut the entire process and do a political marriage with Zelda in the process adopting the next Link with realizing it.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Counterpoint you can eat eyeballs in both of them

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Phenotype posted:

Got through the Fire Temple last night. Really feel good about saving the Gorons from the crack epidemic and wish it were that easy in real life. Also not a big fan of my new Goron buddy. I'm pretty sure he's saying "I can do it!" but it really, really feels like he's yelling "why'd you do it??" very accusingly at me. (Actually, the Rito buddy kinda sucks too, made me feel like I'm guest-starring in an episode of DuckTales, but at least he's mostly shut up now that he's in ghost form.)

How do I go about getting the Master Sword? I haven't wanted to google it in case of spoilers, but I haven't even gotten a breadcrumb or anything yet, and I'm 2 temples in and explored quite a bit of the map now. I forget how it worked in BotW, but I thought I'd been pointed there by now but had been put off by the heart requirement.

e: gently caress I gotta go find the korok forest, don't i?

I really enjoy how the different people's problems are climate disaster, climate disaster, pollution, and the CIA impersonating Zelda.

Also this may have been mentioned before but my biggest laugh in this game was revealing the heroic statue in the middle of the Zora city for the first time. Gee Sidon, you uh, sure you're marrying the right person there buddy?

Benagain fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 1, 2023

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

EclecticTastes posted:

Are you referring to the shrine where you have to descend from a sky island into a rad snowboarding sequence? Because, funny story for that one, I didn't bother whipping out my paraglider, just enjoying how insanely cool the whole thing was, and it turns out shield surfing doesn't protect you from fall damage. Wound up being rad as hell though because I had a fairy on-hand to protect me from gravity's harsh treatment.

Did you see how Yona talks to Link? Big "looking for a third" energy.

I mean let's be real Looking For A Third should be the subtitle of the drat game instead of Tears.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vanadium posted:

Ok I also have probably 200+ gems but they're shiny. I can't just get rid of them.

Spanish Manlove posted:

A lot of people's problems in this game are self created

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
So no one else felt weird about selling souls to the unknown entities that pinky promised they were just moving them on the afterlife?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tokelau All Star posted:

The heart island in the Depths is right next to the Ancient Observation Deck which made me think maybe the zonai were a bunch of pervs observing some freaky deaky. There's nothing else to look at around there.

I mean pretty much everything Raaru and Sonia say makes it seem like they want to bone Zelda and/or Link so, yeah.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh no

you're outvoted two to one.

wait whoever made that meme too, three to one

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

" posted:

Did anyone do the side quest/adventure that’s on top of the Temple of Time later in the game? I tried it but the flying machine I used wasn’t good enough.

Have you done the water temple yet?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vanadium posted:

I'm increasingly radicalizing myself: Koroks are awful. I wish the game would just let me look at a cool vista and enjoy the scenery, but every time I see a cool thing, it's like, I bet there's a little guy hiding on top of it so now I have to climb up there and listen to the ya-haha. Just let me walk past the lone conspicuous tree at the highest point of the area. Let me respect its personal space. Don't make me climb it. I can't immerse myself in the wilderness like a normal hylian, I have to scrutinize every little bit of the map with the angle of "would a game designer have judged this feature of the landscape as korok-worthy", which just takes me out of the game. Instead of "ohhh, those three towers look cool and imposing", it's "hmm I probably have to climb all three of these pretty-much-identical towers don't I".

The ones I have to strap to my hoverbike and fly a couple hundred meters to their friend are honestly not so bad, it's still a little artificial but it's also making the world feel more lived-in.

I have the exact opposite take. Sure I"ll solve a puzzle little buddy, but the lazy pieces of crap who want me to haul their tired asses to a friend can rot in hell. I'm glad that Nintendo game design means i can happily ignore every single one of those little shits as they waggle their legs in the air helplessly.

MAYBE TAKE THE loving BACKPACK OFF

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, I have no idea why people freak out over Sidon having a wife now. The Zoras live near the PLOYmus Mountain, take the hint. The fish king can have a queen and a boyfriend, everybody wins!

Everyone's horny for Link, yet Link just wants to run around and kill monsters. This conflict is the heart of the Zelda games.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Okay where is it said that no one else is seeing the dragons or koroks

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nameless Pete posted:

I got a solid laugh when I realized she was a familiar shade of green.

oh my god they're both short too like she's way shorter than most zora chicks

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
wait there's beetles in this game?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
They're immortal six year olds that checks out

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Item Getter posted:

I wish I could convince my wife to just go to Hyrule Castle already so she can do the cool spirit temple and master sword quest chains instead of endlessly wandering around the depths farming muddle buds and farming upgrade items for the great fairies

I mean if she wanders enough you can do both of those without going to Hyrule castle.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
No because he doesn't have a lust for power he just has an extreme and obvious lust for everyone

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Look the pad said destroy Ganon not gently caress around for a while helping people with their chores.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Skyward Sword did at least have something resembling proper Zelda dungeons (which Fi constantly gave away the solutions to).

Fun to imagine the opposite

"Hey! I have no idea what's happening!"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Link is an asexual monster fighting machine who only cares about food adrift in a world where everyone is too horny to care about the basics of life.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Houle posted:

He was supposed to be a parallel to Ganon. Someone who is incredibly strong with magic and is cocky because they had essentially unlimited power. He was so sure of his ability to handle every situation he got complacent as his polycule crumbled away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I saw a moon rise behind a tree on 2ci and it turned into a Phoenix