Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

incorporeal posted:

I'm going to play the new Zelda game
:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Legend of Zelda: Tears in the Fandom

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Disagree, just don't cook with em if you don't want the effect. They need to leave in easy ways to become OP for weak little gamer babbies like me :v:
:hai:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:lol:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

I think I’ve figured out every Korok summoning gimmick and I always go out of my way to get the ones I stumble across, but I’ve only found less than 200 out of 900 and that is wild.
I thought this and then I found three consecutive fences and realized I know nothing lol

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm going to use this thread for tips and tricks in a couple months. I'm gonna ask some questions about the best pizza recipes.
If you can cook pizzas it's goty

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Shiroc posted:

Will Link have to detonate a nuke in the underground cave system to stop the monsters from coming out?
Gears of the Kingdom :discourse:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Maybe that's where the moon's tear in Majora's Mask comes from :tinfoil:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Tayter Swift posted:

at least with an old-school map you'll be damned sure where the dragons be
:discourse:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Nybble posted:

I managed to get an Amazon pre-order before the price went up to $70; I’m sure this means I’ll get the package on Sunday as punishment
:same: My Amazon packages usually show up between noon and 5-ish, hoping it's the former that day.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

epic bacon posted:

same. this will be my first Zelda launch weekend since OoT!!! every other game i got into like 4 years after they released. i'm terrible at gaming
...poo poo, I just realized this is my first Zelda launch anticipation despite having played since OoT/Link's Awakening DX. Same as you, always got into them at least a few years after release.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1646524951959330817

Ganondilf

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda/totk/assets/audio/bgm.mp3

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Zat posted:

Well, it is in fact the first Switch game to have a 32-gigabyte cartridge (until now the biggest game cards were 16 GB). However, the game still only takes 18.2 GB, which is impressive.
Mortal Kombat 11 is like 32GB though and 64GB Switch cartridges appear to exist :confused:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Huh, that's really neat. Is there a list of those games somewhere?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

The triforce of Ligma.
Ayy! <What's ligma?>

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

The bit of his cloak/one sleeve thing reminiscent of Wind Waker Ganondorf's kimono makes it look like Fat Ganon was just cultivating mass in preparation for getting super loving yoked
The Uncle Iroh Method

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Objectify Ganondorf all you want, but I’m just gonna keep a note of it the next time someone cries over a female Xenoblade character or something.
The Triforce of Power is not consent

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Switch controls are a lot better, you can center the cursor whenever you want which is a huge upgrade.
Unless you're referring to a specific instance I'm not remembering, you could do this on Wii too because it didn't actually use the sensor bar. I'm sure it's improved for the Switch, though.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Volte posted:

Even with flipping the maze it took me like 20 tries because there's so much lag between the motion of the controller and the movement of the platform, and also the camera angle makes it very difficult to orient it in all three axes. The motion aiming was good but the gimmick motion puzzle stuff was bad.
This is really cool because I had the exact opposite experience on my first playthrough- I had no problems with the motion puzzles but I hated the motion aiming and turned that off immediately. Then I played the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion and forced myself to use motion controls and I'm cool with BotW's motion aiming now. I still prefer non-motion if I'm full potato mode on a couch, but I can live with it.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Caidin posted:

I want weapon transmog. No i don't care that it's all disposable, if I'm dressing up as a ninja I want my weeb style and for it all to still kill nerds even after all the 'blins have been constructed out of tank armor.
I personally thought it was funny to dress full ninja and carry around a massive Lynel club

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LionArcher posted:

who knows how the score will be (I'm guessing great) but here's the actual theme from the japanese website ripped, and it SLAYS.

https://twitter.com/ActualAero/status/1646602951589351454?s=20
You can download it here:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

i want there to be precisely one (1) save data bonus and i want it to be the stables having your horses from botw

Mr Horsey, Melman, Sanic, Ke$ha, and Shaq must ride again.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I want a skulltula who's been cursed to become human and you gotta restore them to a skulltula

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

(Thunder Gleeok would be terrifying lol)
*furiously scrolling down to the Reply button*

Mister Facetious posted:

King Ghidorah lives
God dammit

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Yeah, that's too complicated. They want it readable by children.
I'm still suspicious that the gameplay demo was on a dev build and the final game won't have coordinates, but the numbers being gracefully curved along the map is an argument against that suspicion.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Winifred Madgers posted:

Didn't Aonuma say development was complete as of the demo video?
You're right, he did, but my first thought when he said that (even before seeing the coordinates) was that he might not be playing that same build or he might have secret dev stuff turned on for the purpose of the demo.

edit dammit beaten lol

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Gonna be a tough few weeks resisting watching that (and avoiding the Internet as a whole).

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

hatty posted:

Alright time for blackout mode

Someone else here said it best- this is the first launch day Zelda I've ever played and it's like I'm a little kid again. Not going to spoil any of that fun with an internet I didn't have when I was a little kid.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Zore posted:

No one has shown them off, Ultrahand seems to completely obviate Magnesis and we officially have collectable bomb flowers so I think its safe to say the Shiekah runes are not coming back.
Reading this and thinking "omg that's a spoiler" to myself has taught me that I have a very low bar for what is a spoiler so I think I gotta go dark for my mental health lol

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

i want there to be precisely one (1) save data bonus and i want it to be the stables having your horses from botw

Fifty Three posted:

Mr Horsey, Melman, Sanic, Ke$ha, and Shaq must ride again.
How the gently caress did you call this lmao this owns

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Hateno Village question
does your botw save affect your house? My save for some reason doesn't work, my old horses didn't show up on the stables system, but it kinda looks like Zelda took your house and threw away your cool swords collection??
Yes, but as far as I can tell the only carry-over is the framed picture of all the champions if you finished that DLC. I wonder if the house is still there if you never built the house in BotW? There's other things that tie into the house in TotK so I assume it would still be there.

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I literally don't believe people when they claim to noice the difference between 30 and 60 fps. I mean, I think they think they notice a difference, but a movie is 24fps and no one claims those look choppy.
I've played games on other consoles that allow you to select between 30fps and 60fps and the difference is immediately noticeable. 24fps in movies looks fine between there's motion blur, I guess?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

On a whim I did all the Addison signs and the reward is a pretty neat glider fabric which seems fine if not kinda reminiscent of Korok poo until you use it at night :pcgaming:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Relatedly, I just spent the last two days trying to find every cave for Kilton. I managed it, but holy poo poo it was so annoying at the end that I had to cross reference with an interactive map. The issue is that he can't sense the location of all of the caves. He seems to be blind to any cave that has a quest associated with it, or one of Misko's treasures, but also just some random caves for seemingly no reason. Some of my last few, for example, were like, a tiny little cave entrance near Ubota Point, hidden behind a jungle tree, two other tiny tiny tiny cave entrances near Kakariko, and a cave associated with a shield surfing quest in Hebra. Of course, Kilton had run out of locations to give me with like 19 frogs left, so that was pretty frustrating.
I almost suggested just wandering with the sensor set to Bubbulfrogs but yeah that'd take forever too. Looking forward to finishing that... less, now. Does it have to do with some maximum range on Koltin's sensing? I've seen him in very strange spots.

quote:

I recall some people also pointing out that he won't be at certain spots until you help him at other spots, so I'm assuming he probably starts in relatively centralized positions and moves outward towards the edges of the map as you help him, or something like that.
I think there was only one like that when I went through an interactive map, near Zora's Domain. It definitely wasn't there when I looked halfway through.
Tripped me and my co-pilot up for a while until we realized what was wrong and went back afterwards.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Houle posted:

Most disappointing end to a quest is absolutely the gerudo one.

I'm guessing the 8th hero to have helped but didn't get credit was ganondorf? it's been a while since I played and by the time I got to the last part of the quest I was kind of done with the whole thing.
That was my impression too, but I've still got a dozen or so quests left to find. Surprisingly low return for the effort/time.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

About how long does it take to complete the game once I jump down the chasm below the castle?

I’d like to do it all in one sitting on my big tv but it’s hard to find uninterrupted time with kids.
If you've killed all the regional bosses above ground not long at all if you're hauling rear end and not meticulously clearing every area. As long as you can figure out the mechanics of the last few bits in reasonable time I'd say 2-3 hours tops. I may be forgetting things though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

While searching the sky for Sage's Wills, I finally looked up high enough above Lookout Landing and discovered where the original tablet came from. Could've sworn I already looked there after spotting it on the map, but I guess I just didn't look high enough. Took forever to get to and I can't find anything noteworthy about it now that I'm up there. Is there supposed to be something else there, or is it just because it's logical given what's directly below it?