Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Are there gonna be proper dungeons or nah

We don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mercury Hat posted:

Can't wait to ascend up a huge mountain and emerge face first into a Lynel's balls.

yes but what about in the game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Unlucky7 posted:

Dumb question: Do we know how long BotW was in development for? Last night I watched a bit of a stream where the streamers were rather down on the new footage. Most of it seemed excessively cynical at best (Lots of :smug: What is this Nuts and Bolts poo poo? This should be DLC. :smug: ), one did speculate that the game may have been in some sort of development hell, even beyond the global speed bump that was COVID, which struck me as a possible point. I would like to see how the dev times compare, if only to give myself a bit of peace of mind.

In regards to story and lore, I always thought that BotW was like Majora's Mask in that it is mostly driven by its sidequests. You can shotgun the main quest, yeah, but you lose a lot of flavor if you do.

The original announcement was in 2014, which included a shot of Link on Epona in Hyrule Field and a brief chase sequence involving a Guardian. Hard to say how far along the game was at that point, but it was clearly more than a pitch doc and the game wouldn't be released for another three years. Incidentally, the devs have said that TotK was originally conceived as DLC for the original game, but they had too many ideas and had to split it into its own game.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

BotW very intentionally does not show how many shrines or seeds you have left to complete, and if you *do* 100% either of those you get a cool throwback outfit that's good but not great and a joke item that does nothing, respectively. The game designers clearly didn't think 100%ing the game was worth the effort, and you shouldn't either.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m interested to see what’s getting rebuilt. There’s a whole runined town near Hebra tower, be interesting to see if it’s been reclaimed.

I did a playthrough about a year ago traveling solely by horseback and found this town for the first time. Earnestposting if you're jonesing for TotK and haven't done this before I really recommend it, it's a totally different way to explore Hyrule

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zoig posted:

I was thinking about replaying botw, and that sounds pretty neat honestly, I presume thats "no teleporting, no gliding from high places to get to places, try to follow ground routes where possible"

I did "no fast travel, everything else ok but prioritize horse" and loved it. Particular highlights are Hebra and the Zonai Ruins, interestingly enough.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Unlucky7 posted:

I will admit I have a bit of misgivings about the reused map, but only because I am currently trying to finish up my first playthrough, just now; if I had completed it like a year ago then that would be more pleasant.

I did watch the Zeltik video on the new gameplay footage which makes for some good watching.

"Reused map" really means "geography is the same". If you think the quests or stuff to find will be the same idk to what to say to you

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

We’ve also seen that Hateno Village is still around and doesn’t appear to have changed much, so I’d expect most settlements to still be the same, though hopefully with some new/expanded ones (Tarrey City!!!)

When did we see Hateno? Like I'm not doubting you I just don't remember

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I saw a few posts now saying caves are back in a big way and I wanted to ask where was that confirmed outside one of the two cutscenes being in one

Not really saying it's impossible but the only caves I remember were little holes with a shrine in them in 1 and I don't recall seeing anything about them in 2

There are clear cave indicators on the minimap in the ten minute gameplay demo. That said we have no idea what those actually mean or what kind of gameplay is available at those icons.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

kidcoelacanth posted:

you have to put it down. i'm so sorry

the smoke coming out of the stables in the totk gameplay is actually the new feature where you can turn your horse into glue

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Inzombiac posted:

I sure hope TOTK has crazy hidden stuff like the dead horse fairy

actually totk just gives you a big list of all the neat stuff right at the very beginning and puts quest markers to find it, they thought all the "discovery" and "adventure" stuff in the last game was overrated

source: it was revealed to me in a dream

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ytlaya posted:

If they let you slaughter countless other animals for materials, why not horses as well? I'm pretty sure pigs are more intelligent than horses, and you can kill the hell out of those.

Yeah but pigs taste good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Martman posted:

Protocols of the Elder Scrolls of Zonai

new thread title imo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Nybble posted:

imagine if Tears of the Kingdom had come out in March 2020 instead of Animal Crossing

[while playing TotK in March 2020] wow can't believe Nintendo released such a buggy and unfinished piece of poo poo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Frankston posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

:hmmyes:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I;m thinking about thos tears

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hey this game looks pretty good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zore posted:

Is that a Shiekah Lizaflos?

I'm half-expecting them to be a Zonai, but that feels too obvious.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

What am I supposed to be looking at here

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Anybody who seriously believed that Nintendo spent six earth years making glorified DLC for one of their two biggest franchises and tried to upsell it as a sequel is a Certified Idiot

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hogama posted:

So does... Ganondorf?

Oh gently caress yes :getin:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Alexa, please alert me the first time you see a tweet with the word "Gannondaddy" in it, and block that person

its u

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Remind me but WW Ganondorf was kinda not interested in hurting anyone right? I don't remember his whole speech but I faintly recall him looking at Link and being like 'man I'm not gonna kill you or anything I'm just going to yoink the power to give my Hyrule a second chance.' and only snapping when the King Instant Transmissioned over to the triforce first

I kinda wonder what it would have been like if he succeeded and really did keep his word of not really being interested in hurting anyone.

Wind Waker Ganondorf kidnapped pointy-eared children as part of a plot to obtain the Triforce, restore the old world, and steal the wind from Hyrule for his people. In the best-case Ganondorf Wins scenario the new society built atop the Great Sea falters and fails, the people move back to Hyrule, but the kingdom falls apart because nothing can grow because the wind has been stolen. He's a bad guy.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

just give it to guillermo del toro tbh

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bring back the ooccoo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

maltesh posted:

YouTube videos have told me the large ball targets in that and similar shrines can be cheesed with bomb flower arrows, but I haven't verified.

I solved the shrine by fusing one of the balls to a stick and then jump-striking the target

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Outpost22 posted:

I saw a youtube where someone said that the depths was caused by the flooding of hyrule in wind waker, can anyone confirm?

There's no reason to believe that other than the above/below thematic similarities. You could also claim it's really Subrosia or whatever.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

frick, owned

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kass is reason enough :colbert:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Thunderblight is the reason I never finished Master Mode tbh

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

RCarr posted:

Is that the one on its own island? How do you get there?

The non-spoilery answer is to check very thoroughly.

The spoilery answer (assuming this is the one I'm thinking of) is to look along the water's edge on the western side of the island. You might need a boat for it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The best Zelda ending is, was, and always will be Link's Awakening.

TotK was pretty cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Yeah the 2D ones are probably the best ones.

You ever think about how Capcom might have arguably made better Zelda dungeons than Nintendo? Those Oracle dungeons kick rear end.