Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SSDD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lame

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My wife’s cousin is a vtuber.

We just found out and are never speaking to her again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mini “saga” involving the 2019 GIP secret Santa

Guy gets nice gift package

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Dude you deserve every prize in the contest for this haul, holy loving poo poo

We have here: one package skilcraft pens
One REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT lanyard
One UV blacklight
One "Guillotine" cardgame "where you win by getting a head"
Two bags of bully sticks for Luca and Niuniu
One White Donkey Terminal Lance book
One Shop of Theseus book
One General Electric radio receiver
One set ThermoPro remote food thermometers
One excellent shirt

Oh, and this box here:

...the gently caress?

YOU SENT ME A loving DOSIMETER??????

DUDE

HOLY

gently caress

Best Christmas ever. I am in loving awe, dude.

I'm making up a batch of bbq sauce and jerky for presents, so I'm making some extra and sending it your way.

Seriously man, I am in awe. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Guy almost causes National emergency trying to calibrate one of the gifts.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

So as I mentioned the meter hasn't been calibrated since 1982. I just got off the phone to the National Radiation Laboratory to see if I could arrange to have it calibrated and had a very amusing conversation with them.
When I called I said look it's picked up some readings and I was hoping to get it calibrated as I'm not sure it's accurate. The nice lady transferred me to another gentleman who asked me for the details of what the readings were and where I was when I noticed them, and I mentioned the meter hadn't been calibrated since 1982 so I wasn't sure if it was accurate.
The guy let out an audible sigh of relief and said 'ok, you've been transferred through to the emergency line, I thought we might have a major incident on our hands.'
Arc Light, you forever loving win every prize for genuinely scaring the poor scientists ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TLOU was ok.

The ending was stupid AF though and I’ll die on that hill.

I’m playing through TLOU2 and it’s ok I guess.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

The number of Americans who don't know about Wounded Knee is probably depressingly high

Yeah this. I’m not sure why it’s at all surprising why he hadn’t heard of it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Is he wrong, though?

Probably not but isn’t the whole point of Mario Party pure chaos?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I used to be a clicker till I got one of those MMO mice with the number pad on the side.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Don’t be weird.

vyelkin edit: removed the image of the removed attachment

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nintendo FTW

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/...ingawful.com%2F

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Wait why are you a cspam elon musk thread ik

He was next in the line of succession.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Why are people so anti-biden given the alternative was trump, who they hated so much it broke brains

Biden was just like the weakest choice they could have went with. It was a lame choice.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

Was there a joke post about a goon insisting he and his wife quarantine separately? I know there were some insanely weird stories around 2020 when the panic was in full force like the "frozen exhalations" guy thinking he was getting covid from ice cream.

A guy literally just did it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Autisanal Cheese posted:

so who was Pick anyway

Oh god not this poo poo again

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve been playing path of exile lately and my biggest issue is that nothing really feels permanent. Like your characters are kinda meant to be dumped at the end of the season so you can start a fresh one.

The gameplay is fun and I’ve been playing it a lot on the steam deck too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jazerus posted:

yeah the biggest issue with the game imo is that unless you're absolutely obsessed it's not really reasonable to "finish" a character within the span of a league. always gonna be a few steps away from the peak unless you're very lucky. and since a pretty large chunk of players only play the first month of a league, the economy falls to poo poo for 2/3rds of the season.

the league structure is pretty core to how the game works at this point but i would still play it occasionally if i could hop onto old characters and do the new content, but i can't so i don't

Yeah I’m hoping Diablo 4 scratches that itch a little better tbh.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I got a shaymin :cheerdoge:

Thankfully the 3ds games are cheap free

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lady Radia autobanned after being doxxed, which sucks, but the dog murdering/strip club-obsessed guy autobanned, which rules, so today has been a land of contrast

Where the hell did this go down?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I just found it. Wtf?

That was some weird poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

One hell of a weekend on these here forums.

God drat

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NoiseAnnoys posted:

thinkin' of getting a young dog that will ideally chill with our two year old cat, but every time i ask pet island for advice about cats, i get drowned out by some dude who can't remember to clean the cat's litterbox asking why his entire life smells like cat piss. so i'm asking here:

any tips for introducing a young dog to a youngish indoor-only cat, so that they can coexist and the experience isn't lovely and traumatic for either?

or is this just a fool's errand?

So we got a puppy to go with our two cats and while it was kinda a pain in the rear end it’s turned out ok.

Firstly you definitely need to make sure to give the cat a place where it can go that the dog can’t. We got a baby gate and walled off the upstairs so the cats could be away from the dog when they wanted.

We also made it very clear to the dog not to approach the cats. They can come up to her but she rarely goes up to them. At this point she just walks right by them. She also knows the cats are in at the top of the pecking order.

Also keep in mind that you’ll have to figure out where you are going to keep the cat food and water because the dog will definitely eat that poo poo lol. We have a feeding station that the dog can’t get to.

Just make sure the cat has its own safe space and you’ll be fine. You definitely have to keep a close eye on things for a while though depending on the dog / breed/ age of the dog.

It’s not impossible! It can be a lot of work or you could get hella lucky and get a dog that doesn’t give a poo poo about the cat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im about to be toxic

Stop eating so much cheese OP

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sounds like another mod doing some doxxing has hit the site lmao.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I have demodded Leon at this time for not respecting the privacy of users. For PI sake I won't go into details, but we have zero tolerance for not respecting the privacy of all users, no matter what our personal feelings are about them.

Can’t help them selves lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

I'm glad fluffdaddy is stepping up to just make poo poo happen now that it's been proven that jeff has less backbone than lowtax's corpse

Yeah there needs to be less hemming and hawing over this poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Owning my political posting enemies with a little light doxxing nbd

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Imm gonna doxx lowtax, this is gonna be rich

That’s really no way to get a head on this site.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

that was known for a while (yes he was still a mod) so I suspect he did something worse.

Yeah it sounds like it’s something worse and more funny tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HopperUK posted:

It was about doxxing. Nothing mega serious but the admins are understandably taking a zero-tolerance approach to mods being careless about this stuff. Can't elaborate without making poo poo worse but it was not about the Willa thing.

lol

Oh yeah and

Lmao

What a bunch of dumb mothefuckers

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Now see all that post says to me a normal person is that’s mod material right there.

Clearly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No but seriously why would someone who was banned for that whack rear end post even be considered for a mod position?

Like wouldn’t you check someone’s post/ probation history and be like “hmmm maybe not the best idea”???

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

And it’s not even half over!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

turns out the formerly permabanned guy who had gotten multiple warnings *after* being unpermad to stop being a fuckin weirdo in D&D wasn't fit to be a moderator of D&D (or any forum for that matter). who could have guessed!

There really is no way they could have known this would happen.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was told they definitely take peoples rap sheets into consideration when they decide to make someone a mod or not.

I’m not so sure that is the case!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sube posted:

also this is such a ridiculous reason to remove him lmao

Yeah they could have used the other 800 reasons!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if the last few days are any indication, a simpler solution would be to simply stop putting people from D&D in positions of power

No poo poo. That’s been made pretty drat clear lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Guys…. Chill

I an chill!

You are the one who’s not chill.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dongicus posted:

wots a good VPN to use

The cheapest one you can find.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

Wasn’t there a time when the forums had a NordVPN sponsorship?

Still does afaik Jeff said he got a nice fat check from them when he took over and started cleaning things up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rags to Liches posted:

I like windscribe personally

Yeah this is what I have. I paid like $30 for a lifetime subscription and it’s served me well enough. The iPhone app works pretty good all in all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well lmao