Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
waitin for sum freak poo poo to go down b4 somebody gets perma'd, i like my sagathreads ripe :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

selan dyin posted:

you can post about todays IZWF in three months , sorry

3mo seems pretty excessive, i didn't notice that

i mean for rn thats still covering larry synthy harolds weird wild adventure podima spr and even the astralworld incident i think? thats a lotta time when anything over like, 2 weeks would prob have the same desired cooldown effect or w/e

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

careful about posting moe that can get you shot if you do it in the wrong thread
moe is good

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

a one

tohou

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the citizen kane of video games is super mario 64 topic locked

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

selan dyin posted:

heres some context from SAD thread Meet the Mod Team

my fav part of this is the 'I'm tired ' quote being taken out of context where he's saying he's tired of something - don't matter, still sleepy

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Psycho Landlord posted:

I'm playing Outer Wilds for the first time and have mostly just been killing myself in scientifically impressive ways

don't look up any spoilers/solutions to anything

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lady Radia posted:

posters are their avs, no ifs ands or buts about it

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

these forums own

sux lady radia got doxxed though, she seemed like good ppl

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is a major W for feels villeneuve, lib and let die, cspam, crews, and above all, Vladimir Putin

To all members of spycrew, check under your primary posting chairs for a $30 steam gift card to spend on either Snowrunner or Atomic Heart. Three cheers for putin! 🤙

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

who is the pink rear end goon ik

teeth call for duty

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also that thread owns if you want to see a bunch of people sticking up for the pedophile guy because they hate the dang tankies

lolling hard at the drumbeat for some reason

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

vyelkin posted:

baking a one dollar bill into the lasagna like a money cake

slipping single lasgna layers into g-strings

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

you sold fizzy lifting drinks

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

iwentdoodie posted:

I literally just threw it on, and I am in love. I don't speak French but this is an absolute banger of an album so far. It sounds super modern, not aged like American pop of the same vintage (probably because I didn't grow up with it.)

https://youtu.be/lrFIGIdqDK4

First track on the A side.

Edit: album art sick af

that album art owns!!!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ya best start believing in Vengabuses, Ms. Turner… you’re in one

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

getting the poo poo beat out of me by the female pinkertons to epic final fantasy boss music

its pinkherturn now

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ratatouboilles

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

take me down to gbs city where the gas is green & dragons barf on tittys

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's not so much "haha this is funny" i find objectionable because you can almost always tell that's bs, it's more the idea that this is somehow progressive, which has actually happened a lot on the wider internet beyond the infamous "queer enclave" post re: the AGDQ threads

the infamous "query on clave" post, re: you pronohnce this, clavayy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm61_J0eKXQ

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

the people defending that gross thread are gross

it's like this

dont have goon weird horny jack off threads

its that easy lol

whole wide world of stuff outside of your loads, nuts, jizzwads etc

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

sube posted:

this loving stinks

Everything is going to be okay.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

make a forum about that ol cg show Reboot

Antivehicular posted:

Seriously, anything funny happening on the forums? Or interesting?

honor system rock-paper-scissors dont look until u go

r

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 6, 2023

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ArfJason posted:

brother ive had multiple bans begging for the star citizen morons to no longer doxx people and then months later they doxxed someone. there is no rhyme or reason to whatever happens in this website

i haven't heard about this what's up w star citizen & doxxing?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Autisanal Cheese posted:

oh dear boba your av

the side of dragon fetish weirdos takes its first retaliatory shot

Creators

ArfJason posted:

derek smart

lol that rules i didn't know he was still doing that poo poo after the mid 00s, he hasn't changed

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Tunicate posted:

you mean threads plural, right?

no

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

i really liked how you could make yourself so strong you couldn't use weapons bc they'd break in one swing

also stacking the compounding +potionmaking skill potions

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Nuns with Guns posted:

Keep in mind that "most incompetently run tabletop gaming company" is a very tight race, and it says a lot that Catalyst might have a slight lead on the competition there.

"Massively squandered" is the right descriptor. Like, I would say out of the two big cyberpunk games out there, Shadowrun has been the stronger seller for years before the recent uptick in interest for Cyberpunk. And some of that was definitely because it's "Cyberpunk, but with familiar D&D magic and races" but some of that was also that Cyberpunk as a brand was basically in stasis for years and years after Mike Pondsmith stepped back from the industry to work at Microsoft. He was so flat broke they couldn't even afford real art for Cyberpunk v3 and resorted to dressing Barbie dolls up to take pictures of:

And then work starts on the CDPR game, a new Cyberpunk game edition, etc. and meanwhile Shadowrun released the worst edition of their game yet in response.

So tl;dr, Shadowrun's marketing sense peaked at the 1990 "game trailer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPGQoR6f6w

lmao @ the cop knockout but also all of it

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He was posting that the Travis Scott concert disaster was some kind of vaxx mass casualty event lmao

loving insane

the whole thing was streamed live, you could see the crowd crush happening and hear people, it was awful

grim detail: the Apple iMusic live streaming platform pretty much caused it

it's the huge horizontal barrier making the third wall that trapped people trying to head away from the stage (orange is where ppl died)

its p. hosed how nobody at livenation or apple was ever held accountable for that

also how drake came out like 90 minutes after 6-7 fatalities were already confirmed, did a 20 minute set to close out the show, and then went to dave & busters with travis afterwards

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

taste ur aids

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there's this sense of malaise over some games where you can just tell something went really, really badly during development and that's all over DA2

prince of persia: warrior within syndrome

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

NoiseAnnoys posted:

that’s nothing, look up how much insane lunatics audiophiles pay for mere cables so they can enjoy mediocre records the “way they are supposed to sound”.

those ppl rule. the cablephebophiles are maybe the most blindly more expensive=better than 'hobbyists' outside of idk, star citizen?

they buy audio equipment the way magpies look for nest material
almost always drop like $1-2500 on speakers, $800-1000 on amp, $300 on placebo cables, then do poo poo like put them straight on a pc desk in the corner of a too-small, untreated room, or set up a 7.1 home theater w/ a 1200w 15" floor sub placed under their tv they sit 7ft away from and don't realize that it sounds like hot fuckin dog poo poo every time lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

Three Olives' posting has to be a gimmick, right?

...right?

three olives is not a gimmick the huey lewis reviewerposting has always been there

he has been doing this on this forum since he registered, i remember his first stupid bad lookatme posts, they were exactly the same

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

iwentdoodie posted:

My setup is entirely scrounged and upcycled poo poo and no one ever believes it. Turns out most of us are fuckin deaf as poo poo and fidelity only matters to a point.

fidelity isn't even a factor for cables
as long as they're built to the correct standard, undamaged, and theyre not wrapped in coils or running over a ton of other electronic gear/cable, they're not gonna impact quality in any way if you have the right amp/gauge/speaker combo

audiophile culture is almost totally made out of old wives tales from burnout 70s groupies for different classic rock bands who saw the audio techs doing stuff and started a homeopathy-style cargocult saying the shiny polished brass humbuckers and a lightwood body give an extra bright tone to a guitar and the vacuum tubes in their amp for their vinyl record player give it a warm mouthfeel

the main thing they seem to have in common is not knowing/denying how audio signals, speakers, & acoustics actually work, they're kinda like chiropractors but for sound
(*lots* of overlap with musicians who refuse to learn theory because "creativity doesn't need rules", i think some weird
shared complex? more research is needed...)

proper placement and acoustic treatment matters more than anything tho for sound quality fwiw, $500 and $3,000 speakers sound the same without it, the $3k ones might even sound worse

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Karma Tornado posted:

and the I don't know how to accept that Chris Benoit was a murderer guy?

benoit innocent

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Chris deWoit Dyson

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Just lack of manual dexterity? Tone deaf and couldn't hear you were playing the wrong notes? I'm trying to imagine failing to play recorder on the level of an elementary schooler and I just can't.

a lot of cheapo school flutaphones are terrible quality and will have rough edges on the fingerholes(esp. on the underside "in" the tube) thatll disrupt clean airlow and make it easier to accidentally do that 'voice crack' thing

or the holes won't be perfectly round or horizontally level from sloppy manufacturing or heat warping if they're plastic or stuff like that

kids fingerpads are tiny aswell which means its harder to properly finger notes without leaking air or pressing too hard, and that added difficulty makes any little manufacturing flaws much more of an issue, some kids just physically have a lot of trouble maintaining a proper seal while others dont at all either from fingershape or having a better made one

soprano flutophones are pretty terrible instruments for children and the only reason they get used for public school is they're dirt cheap, don't require lungpower or complicated technique and can be played in a chorus

but try to find someone making one sound good, anywhere

if u want a nice cheap instrument for a kid to have fun with, get em a kalimba - they're cheap af, sturdy(as far as instruments go) sound beautiful, aren't overly loud, no mallets or w/e to lose, and designed to be readily playable by one person with no prior education besides how to pluck the keys, mega easy to learn songs on, can't go wrong w/ yorba 'limba

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

rodbeard posted:

A bassoon is also called a fagot in some countries.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

the best instrument is this because u can also play dcs on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

oops 2 tiny