Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Eat My Fuc posted:

I keep seeing people say the entirety of Wrestlemania was bad as if it didn’t contain one of the best tag title matches of all time

most people here wanted Cody to lose so I just don’t get the negativity on the show. I enjoyed it much more than any mania since 30.

I don't think we actually wanted Cody to lose. We just embraced the ridiculousness of the possibility of it, because how else can you cope with WWE these days?
Just like how we're trying to make chicken soup out of the chicken poop that one of the worst human beings on this earth continuing to win at life for no good reason.

Also: The rubber chicken is actually Uncle Howdy getting involved in Wrestlemania one way or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Please let the Endeavor brass start meddling once the KSA money stops and their TV deals get nerfed.
(Somehow neither will because we live in hellworld where Vince can only fail upwards)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hope Paul got his boys guaranteed money. Even if I don't like Paul's boys screw WWE saving inconsequential amounts of money at their expense. And screw stockholders for falling for it quite frankly.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Robviously posted:

Want to and will be able to are two very different things. Is Christian as dumb as Cody? I certainly hope there aren't two people that dumb walking this, or any other, earth.

1) There are far more than 2.
2) Christian is looking at the big 5-0. If he wants to get the fat stack for a reunion tour with Edge for a year then retire I certainly won't blame him. Actually I will because gently caress WWE but I won't blame him that much.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dear King Chicken and Chickensan: "Kingdom" cover when?

https://youtu.be/AVlzryCQg8s

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

This is sad because Cody's form of sports entertainment is exactly the shot in the arm the creative process this stupid company needs.
This would be really sad if WWE could fail in any way but up.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cabbit posted:

Well it's professional wrestling, so about 250%.

Unless you're feuding with Jericho in AEW.
Then you have to galaxy brain things by making your own stable offscreen behind his back.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I think the one thing buried in this dumb booking is that if Cody wants one thing more than being the champion, it's being the martyr.
(It's still dumb booking. Somebody being champion for 2.5 years in the era of weekly television is dumb)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I mean the alternative would have been to take the belts off the part-timer and put them onto somebody who will work both shows but symphony of screeching hell-gears turning, powering whatever hideous process passes for Vince McMahon's madness riddled thought process.

Also; new belt is a compromise between "want big goal belt" and "Must engrave brand on everything. Get me a laser so I may engrave brand on the moon". Which is about as good as you're going to get.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was thinking more "The Tick"
Except since the logo is only 3 letters The Tick doesn't stop them in time.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

And then they'll give Vince 10 billion dollars because the man fails on an upward trajectory.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

UnleashedDad posted:

I wasn't even thinking about the Saudi deal nor things like Peacock. Attendance is way up, TV ratings are relatively up, the company just feels hot right now.

...sigh

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I really started to read the writing on the WWE when the Shield made their debut. You had two awesome guys who had cut their teeth on the indies and you had the comparatively bland big guy. And people knew which one of the three was going to be the guy to get the rocket.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Davros1 posted:

CM Punk told a story about how he when he was feuding with them, the higher ups told him "We don't care how you make Seth and Dean look, but you gotta make sure you don't make Roman look weak."

Internal screaming overflow error. Eerie internal silence ensues

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dimebags Brain posted:

The core of WWE's booking philosophy for the past decade has been "Roman is the most specialest boy ever", and if people can't figure that out by now, that's on them.

I can't figure out why.
Not 'why him' but 'why anybody'?
Maybe I can figure it out (Vince is only concerned with writing for himself and Roman is the only wrestler he gives a poo poo about) but understanding brings me no closer to catharsis.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dango Bango posted:

What do you mean? It's going to be played like "lol look at these losers. Striking is for LOSERS"

e: right as I hit post I realized I missed your sarcasm :doh: I'll leave it for posterity though.

Instead of Unions how about they do an angle about...I dunno, Onions.
Like "Vince McMahon gets beaten with a sack full of onions until he stops"

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hefty Leftist posted:

or they could have just had Roman lose to Sami and Cody for the Universal and World title respectively like everyone wanted and progressed the whole Bloodline story forward

but they needed the HEAT

Or they needed to beat dumb records set in another era.
And/Or they just needed to placate the soulless ghoul they call boss.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince might be the most evil person on this earth who does not hold some manner of office or title.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It's kinda mindblowing that Bret was only 4 years younger than Hogan and 3 years younger than Piper, especially at that time.
And also 1 year younger than Damien Priest is now at the time of Age in a Cage.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince saw old pictures of Ultimo Dragon coming to the ring with 7 belts and decided 'gently caress yeah Roman coming to the ring with 7 belts'
Roman's gonna have more belts than Lulu from Final Fantasy X by the time it's all said and done.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alaois posted:

all you gotta do is punch him in the stomach once

Wait, Cody's fighting somebody who is vulnerable to getting punched in the tummy?
This looks like a job for....ANTHONY AGOGO!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I can't gripe about Roman not defending the title enough when AEW has a 26 year old world champion that just had his third match this year.
I feel like Bray Wyatt's brand of creativity and pro wrestling don't mix. It seems like something that would fit better in digital content creation or creepypastas or something. Much like Vince Russo should have been banished to daytime TV around 1999.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 31, 2023

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

She's in Too Many Cooks and the serial killer is about to show up.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok the WWE belts at least look better than the UFC belts.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Drakkel posted:

Wait, I thought the ENTIRE POINT of having a new belt was so that Roman wouldn't have to carry two belts around anymore but they're not doing that???

The entire point is to placate the networks that want THE CHAMP on their shows more often.
They can have A CHAMP and like it because they don't actually know the loving difference.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There is both solace and dread in knowing that a man can not buy their way out of becoming old.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Triple h is booking it :confused:

Triple H was also made by Vince McMahon is the problem.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

jackofarcades posted:

I still think Cody is winning at WM

also I would actually write the "so you want to get into wwe" guide but I doubt there's any actual interest

The only reason I believe this has any chance of happening is because next year is WM 40.
And every 10 WMs they make the correct booking choice.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hope it's because Dave laughed in Vince's face when he demanded a cut.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Maggots feeding on cable's corpse.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MJeff posted:

This snapped Charlotte's brain in half and she basically stopped trying after that.

Which is funny, because this came just a few months after Ronda's brain snapped in half from something pretty similar (her getting booed after Charlotte beat the crap out of her). Basically, they were penciled in for the main event of WM35 a year ahead of time, but Becky got way more over than either of them in the intervening months, the audience roundly rejected both Charlotte and Ronda as a result and boy oh boy did neither one of them take it well.

I can't even blame her in this context. When you'll never be any less or any more than what you are, why try?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So is Dom just used to sandblast the shine off of anybody who gets more over than Roman?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Kennel posted:

"We asked 100 people to name a current pro wrestler..." would get some amusing results.

Show me....I can't
Ding
Number one answer.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Kid Rock is just not 'for' anybody who values authenticity in the slightest.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah if there's one thing history has shown it's that vince REALLY cares about what the fans think.

He obviously does. He wouldn't be able to spite them if he didn't.

Shinjobi posted:

He will finish the story

It may take 10 years and Roman might leave the company before it happens, but the story will end one day

The story will finish at WM 40. We'll all be shocked WWE did something right then remember it's a Wrestlemania ending in '0'.
Cody's reign will be rear end.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

In the end Hunter was it all worth it? Well probably because you do have a lot of money. But thinking about working close with Vince for decades is my idea of hell.

That's because you're a good person.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

abraham linksys posted:

I feel kind of bad for never remembering which Uso is which but I also can't for the life of me remember who's Matt Jackson and who's Nick Jackson. I could also never remember Dax and Cash until Dax got into podcasting hell and then it was easier to remember Dax is the annoying one and Cash doesn't talk half as much. Basically my point being if you're in a tag team and not constantly on tv doing singles promos and angles I'm probably not gonna remember your name and I'm sorry

god help me if I am ever asked to remember who's Austin Gunn and who's and Colten Gunn

Austin and Colton Gunn are, and always have been, figments of Juice Robinson's muppet-drug induced hallucinations. As such, which one is which is irrelevant.
It's confusing that Billy Gunn go dragged into it at all really.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sandman McMahon posted:

What I’m getting from that is ec3 is a pokemon

No pokemon has more than 3 evolutionary stages barring stuff like Mega Evolution so I have to believe that despite that statement EC3 is in fact fully evolved.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jesus Christ it's like reading somebody's TEW game where half the workers were generated by the AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Politics gets consistently pulled the right so the left is the center, the center is the right and right is a cesspool of death cultists.
The left is something that exists only in the powerless.