Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

"We have Mia Yim, one of the coolest, most unique women in the biz who can work with anybody to make magic what should we do hunter"

"Tie a paper plate to her face and don't let her wrestle that'll own antifa"- hhh

And then she pretends to have a seizure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

D.N. Nation posted:

nothing, they still lost that match (to the Hurt Business, thus concluding the feud).

Is that the match where a non-legal competitor hit the other team's legal man right in front of the ref and got their team disqualified

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I think Jeepers Creepers Brock is my new favorite wrestler. I hope he beats Cody and steals his neck tattoo

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Triple H's big announcement of CM Punk returning was scrapped by Vince

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I hope Roman wins this one too

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Shard posted:

This belt is instantly lower. How can you have a world champion and a universal and a wee title

Put the wee title on wee Bayley

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I'd be stunned if Cody was the first guy to win that belt instead of beating Roman. They'd have to be monumentally stupid to do that

Well not that stunned

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The Draft lists for Friday and Monday are out. I hope this isn't too long I just copy and pasted it

Night One: Friday on SmackDown

Becky Lynch

Bianca Belair

Bobby Lashley

Candice LeRae

Chelsea Green & Sonya Deville

Cody Rhodes

Damage CTRL (Bayley, IYO SKY & Dakota Kai)

Dexter Lumis

Dolph Ziggler

Drew McIntyre

Edge

Hit Row (Top Dolla & Ashante "Thee" Adonis w/ B-Fab)

Imperium (GUNTHER, Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci)

Lacey Evans

Matt Riddle

Maximum Male Models (ma.cé, mån.sôör & Maxxine Dupri)

Mustafa Ali

Natalya

Omos (w/ MVP)

Shinsuke Nakamura

The Bloodline (Roman Reigns and Solo Sikoa)

The Miz

The O.C. (AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson & Michin)

The Street Profits

Viking Raiders (Erik & Ivar w/ Valhalla)

Select NXT Superstars

Night Two: This Monday on Raw

Akira Tozawa

Alpha Academy (Otis & Chad Gable)

Angel Garza & Humberto Carrillo

Asuka

Austin Theory

Baron Corbin

Braun Strowman & Ricochet

Brock Lesnar

Bronson Reed

Cedric Alexander & Shelton Benjamin

Charlotte Flair

Dana Brooke

Elias

Emma

Johnny Gargano

Judgment Day (Finn Bálor, Damian Priest & Dominik Mysterio)

Karrion Kross (w/ Scarlett)

Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

LA Knight

Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez

Nikki Cross

Piper Niven

Rhea Ripley

Rick Boogs

Riddick Moss

Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler

Seth Rollins

Shotzi

Tamina

Tegan Nox

The Brawling Brutes (Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch)

The LWO (Rey Mysterio, Santos Escobar, Cruz Del Toro, Joaquin Wilde & Zelina Vega)

The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods)

The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)

Trish Stratus

Xia Li

Select NXT Superstars

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The Friday group has way more star power than the Monday one anyway

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
You should have because then you would have known that some people like Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss are amusingly not on it

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There's so many easy ways to fix this.Like this is with 5 seconds of thought, and they can't come up with something good with a room full of writers and bookers?

They're too busy trying to figure out who's responsible for 9/11

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Did Candice LeRae not even get drafted in the supplemental draft?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Rarity posted:

Lol at Ronda being #15

She's pretty mediocre but WWE did her no favors with ice cold feuds and horrible title matches with Liv Morgan and Shotzi Blackheart of all people. She should still be a way bigger deal than she is.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Seams posted:

Did the Rollercodester beat Brock clean or was it a This Feud Must Continue deal

Thank you!

They made Cody look about as weak as possible in victory. It was a typical Brock match

edit and I'm jealous af of that Juice av lol

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

I'm sure this is still way better booking than when Vince was there week to week, but I find this kinda insane. When it's said and done there'll still be two weeks for the show, and this is a pape airing the day before AEW DoN.

There's exactly enough time for each show to do one triple threat a week and in the week of the ppv, have the semi finals. That leads the Smackdown person to have more drama since they're going from the match straight to the ppv. Unless that's actually impossible and Smackdown will have people who won't be at Saudi Arabia the next day? But also literally anyone in Reigns' faction should be in the smackdown thing so C*dy can get any kind of story finishign???

They have to do all the matches right away so that the two winners have two weeks to do storytelling with each other because how else is anyone supposed to care about a match for the world title?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
If I had to make an earnest guess probably Theory, Sikoa, Dom Mysterio, and Breakker

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I got an 8 hour 'ad' once that was just a full day's footage of some golf tournament. YouTube has gotten awful lately

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Miching Mallecho posted:

Cody did say, this is going back to the initial jumping back to WWE, that if he asked Tony for one specific thing that Tony would've granted it.

Now it makes sense, it wasn't a title, it was the book.

He probably wanted to book a second show by himself. Probably. Maybe. I don't know :shrug:

Why would Tony have given Cody the book? All his ideas stuck out in a bad way the last year of his run in AEW. I think it was probably a title. Tony would have understood that Cody as champ would have been a red hot angle.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I highly doubt he left because of not being the AEW champ. Cody's a mark for himself, not a belt mark. He wanted the book because his dad had the book under Jim Crockett, and he wants to be seen as being just as good as his dad was, both in-ring and behind the scenes. He was willing to take himself out of AEW world title contention to show that he wasn't going to put himself over as the top guy, unlike Dusty who was always viewed as the top face during the majority of his JCP run. It's just Cody's misfortune that the two biggest wrestling companies are run by guys who are absolute control freaks when it comes to booking their shows (though at least Tony Khan isn't a complete rear end in a top hat about it).

Yeah I get all that. I was meaning that Cody could have asked Tony for the title, and Tony would have given it to him, but that's not what he wanted. He wanted the book, which Tony wouldn't have given him. If Cody thinks he could have asked Tony for the book and that Tony would have given it to him, why would Cody have left? Unless you think Cody is lying about that, which I've heard is something he really enjoys.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
baby cabrera's big game hunter

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Cora's finisher is also called jaded lol

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
team him up with pineapple pete

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Vandar posted:

Y'know, Konami used to give the winners of certain Yugioh tournaments title belts to carry...

All I'm saying is, y'know...we hook Roman up with a Yugioh deck, teach him how to play, get a few more belts around his waist...

Yugioh sucks these days. Almost as bad as WWE

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Why does it look like her face is melting off

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
mor elike 100 geeks

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
guys calm down Cody will be ok we just have to let h cook

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

A lot of people are ragging on HHH for the belt stuff but what you’ve got to realize is that HHH’s time leading creative hasn’t officially begun yet. A lot of what we’ve seen is him having to continue Vince’s storylines from before he took over.

2023 The Royal Rumble WrestleMania After One Full Year The First WrestleMania After He’s Booked For A Full Year is when his booking philosophy truly begins

is that before or after Pete Dunne gets his name back

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
So since Roman has 3 belts now does that mean Seth's belt isn't even the bronze medal anymore

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Gang I got some good news. Next week Raw Underground is back...on NXT!

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

Dana Brooke just had the most cursed match on NXT with Cora Jade.

It had a fake knee injury to try and garner sympathy for Dana. It backfired horribly. Had a stretcher job where the audience actively rooted for Cora to beat her up more. And during a single leg boston crab, the audience was demanding Dana tap out. Eventually the ref just ended the match, giving the win to Cora.

e: Gable Steveson is on NXT now and got absolutely no reaction lmao

You forgot the part where Cora was gonna put Dana in a figure 4 but forgot how to do it so just did the single leg crab instead

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The bloodline stuff is decent. It might actually be pretty good if it didn't have all WWE's gross sheen all over it.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Pylons posted:

Don't know if that would happen because the Usos aren't very good.

They're pretty good

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I think I've convinced myself they should have Jey beat Roman at SS. They've got months more Bloodline drama they can spin out of that and whether we like it or not that's the thing that's been carrying their shows. They can even put the belt back on Roman so he can lose it to Cody at WM for real this time if they want.

Solo has played his part well but absolutely nothing about him screams next big main event star to me. He's an adequate wrestler who never talks and has an unremarkable look. All he really has going for him is being part of that family Vince loves. Both his brothers are far more talented but they're twins so they'll be stuck in a tag team together for eternity.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

The_Rob posted:

My biggest issue with wwe still is the production side of things. Watching always feels like I’m watching some Nickelodeon game show. The saturation level is up so high and just even like the way they cut promos and do backstage segments. It feels like a kids show.

Same. It's a gross looking tv show. Even the great matches I have a hard time getting into.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

jackofarcades posted:

I thought Cody or Sami should have won as well but given the business they've done with Roman I guess it wasn't the wrong call financially

I think they probably could have done the same or better with Cody holding the belt since they could have done all the exact same feuds and bloodline stuff in the exact same way.

What I think it really comes down to is WWE fans are so eager for the shows to be good again that as long as WWE remains goodish to them they'll keep watching and talking about how great it is. Kind of like how everyone thought The Mandalorian was amazing for a while because the previous movies were horrible in comparison.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

He passed Hogan's longest title reign yesterday so maybe we will soon be free or we are now on the Morales Countdown instead

I think you got it backwards. he passed Morales and has about 400 days to pass Hogan's longest reign

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1678941829830516737

So they're really going all in on bad dinner theatre.

This match had Tony D make a phone call from prison in to the arena to give Stacks a mid match pep talk. It was hilarious.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Poor Bayley has had a really rough last couple of years

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

zetamind2000 posted:

he's fallen pretty far since his feud with randy orton

praytell what is the difference between a dark street fight and a lights out street fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Judgement Day's screentime to entertainment value ration is way off