Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

as a lifelong lakers fan im used to disappointment so i was fine with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its been hard all these years

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im doubting him right now as you read this

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the only reliable derozan sent to the pine

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hrrrm is that okc rookie the first ever player whose efficiency goes up with usage or is that such a small sample that it doesnt mean anything at all. impossible to say one way or another

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i missed the game why are the lakers just so much better than the memphis grizzlies

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Lockback posted:

The restricted area was added in 1997, not exactly an era of unathletic white people

yes it was, they were all guarding michael 1 on 1 and didnt know what a pick and roll was

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

it is unbelievable that draymond stomped on a guy and the other guy got a foul called on him

it sounds like a made up thing an irate fan would be mad about but it is just true

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if the warriors lose game 3 draymond is playing the entire 4th game with the weird piston thing from no country for old men dragging behind him

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

Feel like y'all should know by now that the nba lets donkeh play by a different set of rules so the nba can have a villain

if we go off the two nut shots to steven adams(neither of which even got an ejection) what is likely to happen is the nba reviews it and turns the flagrant 2 into a 1 and then draymond does something again the next game.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

I would not be shocked if he gets the tpmle from someone

idk what that is in numbers but hes like an ok vet who should be signed for a few million and then people realize hes bad and dont play him

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

god can they just replace perk with big baby and just never mention it

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymond has never gotten suspended for attacking other players, the only time he ever faced repercussions is when he had kicked so many ballsacks that even with half of his technicals being rescinded to stop the mandatory suspension kicking in he still had it kick in

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

in recompense for his unfair suspension the nba is going to let draymond beat up a random slav at the start of next season

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im prepared to root for the underdog lakers against the villain memphis grizzos tonight

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if the cavs draft bronny lebron will go there and win them another ring. simple as

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its funny that delly is on the kings since he was pretty much the first Annoy Curry After Every Make guy, just bumping him all the way down the court in the first cavs/warriors series.

also generally the best fix to massive ball pressure is to just pass it to another good playmaker, like how the spurs decimated the heat in their last finals matchup by just waiting for a trap and then chucking it to boris diaw. i wonder if the warriors have a big donkey looking doofus who knows how 2 pass on their team hrrm

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

stomping on a dude on the ground was never a common thing lol what

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its also great that every 10 years the era of unbelievable badasses who always did hard fouls and no one cared cause they just loved hooping that much moves forward by 10 years. we will live to see people saying the curry warriors were a team of hardasses with unbelievable mental toughness

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i do remember an early 2000s kings team who tried to cheat the lakers out of one of their very few very rare playoff series wins but good ended up prevailing

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dexo posted:

Lmao getting worked over some bad takes on a podcast.

Paging RDM

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1648754482086576128

My Finnish Friend told me it was really easy to get out of this so lauri is weird

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ol sleepy eyed dick toucher strikes again

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

Dillion Brooks is fine he's like a major success story as far as making himself an NBA player but I do wish that LeBron was still healthy enough to do something about it.

i do think its kinda sad to be all :twisted: i poke bears :twisted: when your team is constantly sending you help, the entire game lol its good basketball but makes for laughable shittalking since you cannot handle the guy you are talking poo poo at

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

did this guy train at pat beverly's dojo

i am proficient in floor slap jutsu

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

embiid gets a higher % of free throws from his shot attempts than shaq, he is the floppingest player in nba history

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

austin reeves this year gets more foul shots per fga than james harden btw, that poo poo is not sustainable and he sucks

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

being a bad coach doesnt usually stop someone from getting rehired either

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

steph probably would still

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

chilihead posted:

All i got out of that whole thread.

"Willis Reed was out with a knee injury before the series began, Knicks big man Dave DeBusschere was forced into limited minutes due to an injury while guarding Wilt which led to no one left on the Knicks being able to content rebounds, and guard Earl Monroe was playing injured for the Knicks. Fun fact, Wilt broke his wrist in game 4 and still played game 5 posting a stat line of loving 24/29/8/8."

This right here,everyone was f'ing injured but Wilt still played! So current players not playing get some freaking uppers,ludes and 20,000 forget-me-nots and get in the game!

wilt did all this playing against the man who invented bussy. incredible

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Anthony Davis

e: this is not the gdt. but Anthony Davis nonetheless

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ja trying this and failing has made me like him a lot more. if he had succeeded i would be the most desperate, eternal hater of all time

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

mo bamba also would have theoretically been a very useful piece if he wasnt exceptionally bad at basketball

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

I would like to at least seem him get a shot instead of these four guard lineups though. He's a bad defender but no one's playing defense when AD's sitting anyway.

yeah i dont really have faith in ham to be able to figure out a new rotation on the fly and he abandoned Mo so quickly he basically got zero reps in with the team, but they for sure want to play an actual 2nd center somewhere in the rotation at least some # of minutes. it would make the lebron/rui/all shooters lineups easier to defend but they arent really setting the world on fire anyway and they give up infinite layups and 3s

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the noble warriors posters couldnt handle the 3-1 jokes and then definitely could not handle the kd rudeness. there are less of them now cause theres less of everybody and it makes me very sad. lebron james

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dont think the warriors lose to lebron again without kd because it would probably have been the KD thunder in the finals and they would have been favored to win lol. just another reason kevin durant being a huge bitch is settled Basketball Law

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i think you may be forgetting one or two big men, historically. possibly

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

incredible playoff games happening
Yall wanna talk about some retired folk

theres a plumlee on my screen

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

Gotta turn on your monitor buddy

now theres a big jerk!!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

still unconvinced re: books ability to hoop. he can clearly ball, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

with enough modern training and coaching you could easily teach wilt all kinds of things that didnt exist back when he played. like how to play basketball for instance