Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2TV4lupHME

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Musk got bored of the Twitter Files and is now moving on to how the undesirables must be purged from San Fransisco for the Tech Singularity Utopia to happen

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tabbi kept his mouth shut and went along with it when the person he was working with on the Twitter files garbage got unpersoned by Musk for saying banning journalists in a hissy fit goes against his claim of free speech on Twitter because SURELY Musk wouldn’t do that to me! and yet here we are :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Can’t tell if a beard or if the plastic surgery has gone sour and his jowls are rotting

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

“Surely I’ll be the one to make it with the Twitter Files!” I say as I climb over the bodies of others used and tossed aside by Elon Musk

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

trucutru posted:

Normally when someone comes to you with a story you ask what it is they want or expect out of press coverage, both so you can understand their motives and to avoid misunderstandings later on. I asked the question, but I can’t say I ever fully understood the answer. It didn’t matter.

Normally I’d ask why a billionaire would want me to run a certain story. I asked and never really got an answer so I just did what they wanted me to do anyway without any critical thought

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Elon Musk is gonna be tricked by Tucker and crew into saying climate change is fake and torpedo his golden goose Tesla :lol:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Elon really understands his product. The main thing people want when they open Twitter is to read entire loving essays

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Man panko fried his own beard

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Elon Musk managed to scam his way to being the richest person in earth and his dad still will openly say he likes his other son more whenever asked :lol:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Any other car manufacturer would be blacklisted by a normal person if the dashboard started to cook from heat a car typically experiences but Tesla freaks clap and cheer because Musk puts le epic fart sounds in their burning tablet screens

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Parity warning posted:

if i didn't know better i'd say these people are intentionally sending elon on wild goose chases for their own amusement and to make him miserable and paranoid and to further wreck twitter. kinda jealous of catturd for having his ear tbh

Isn’t like the vast majority of the people left at Twitter the poor fuckers trapped by work visas at this point?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Congrats, SpaceX! You’ve reached the same level as amateur model rockets and fireworks :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

In addition to furthering mankind, SpaceX is also stimulating the local economy. The community can collect the blown up pieces of the SpaceX rockets and sell them to Musk’s insane idiot fans

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

*SpaceX scientist watching rocket launch with clipboard. Circles “Rocket exploded”* This data is invaluable, wow

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

mdemone posted:

wait....did the launch pad not have a channel to divert the energy horizontally?!?

holy poo poo lol what did they loving expect to happen

Ummm actually it cleared the launch pad so mission accomplished? You just can’t grasp the immense genius of Elon-*head gets vaporized by concrete debris traveling at speed of sound*

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

mdemone posted:

did nobody from Cape Canaveral advise them? did they not even look at pictures of the pads next to the VAB at Kennedy?

The Bazingas are already defending it saying it’s the same style pad as used to launch Saturn I :laffo: rocket science never moved past the 60s apparently in Musk land

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If they float a fire truck using a high altitude weather balloon and put Tesla FSD into the SpaceX rocket it’ll fly in a direct path towards space instead of spinning out like that bing bong so simple

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: if they add the option to gift an account Twitter Blue and it turns into the 2023 equivalent of sending someone a copy of Bad Rats on Steam back in the early 2000s

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/matlakusa/status/1649121685772042250?s=20

It explains so much these mutants really think having the check mark makes them famous now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Giving free twitter blue to celebrities who have very publicly told you to each poo poo instead of paying for your garbage site is the weakest poo poo I have ever seen. Like buying cardboard standees of famous people to try and claim they’re coming to your party so other people will show up levels pathetic

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

having the time of my life with a bunch of cool celebrities. They're all just out of frame, also on Twitter blue

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah my first thought was any Jewish famous person would instantly be sponsored by usernames like @HitlerWasRight or really any minority on Twitter. It just seems like it would be nothing but harassment

Which means he’ll do it of course :lol:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s bad my relatives were led to the gas chambers by the Nazis but I can proudly pat myself on the back because I never infringed on the Nazis free speech they used to get to the point of leading my relatives to the gas chambers

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

*Standing in front of a Nazi firing squad* Well at least I never infringed on their free speech saying my entire race should be purged from the face of the planet. That would have been worse

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

He’s so loving dumb and his fragile ego means he can’t admit the common practice for space rocket launches for decades is better than his stupid ideas so he’s gonna slap a giant slab of metal underneath it and spray it with some hoses. Really glad we’re paying this stupid rear end in a top hat billions of tax dollars to not even be able to reinvent what our public institutions did over have a century ago

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:qq: You dumb celebrities have to pay for the checkmark or else it’s just me and people like me who have them and people will think it’s a loser mark then!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah I was gonna post about that. Any famous person who isn’t paying for the sucker mark ends up with replies like this that are at the top of any of their tweets since Twitter blue payers get shunted to the top in replies:
https://twitter.com/jxmxslxm/status/1649776218001080320?s=20

Kind of a hard sell to any notable person to even stick around your social media site, let alone pay for it, when their main experience now to anything they post is hundreds of unhinged Muskites and Nazis calling them heretics and blasphemers for not giving Elon money

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: oh so it’s somehow worse than the already horrible initial starting point of apartheid era gem mine

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

you can no longer search twitter while not logged in, giving one fewer reason to ever go to that fetid website

Didn’t Musk hire audition for no pay that dumb PlayStation hacker kid for the sole purpose of removing the please login screens from searching and scrolling?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tim Epic real mad still no one uses his garbage digital store front and people like Gabe Newell more than him. He’s another billionaire desperate for adoration so it makes sense he’d swoop in to defend Musk. He senses a kindred soul

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/jchybow/status/1649809364306255876?s=20
https://twitter.com/jchybow/status/1649840012106629120?s=20

Man’s getting dunked on so bad in the replies he had to quote tweet himself to get some cope from other check mark suckers :lol:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1649884329240141828?s=20

They got matt too. elon is truly giving custom titles to his biggest haters lol

If he does this with people of note couldn’t he open himself up to (yet another) lawsuit by using their supposed paid verification as endorsement of Twitter blue which is using their likeness in advertisement without consent?

Also :lol: his simps fell in line and bought into Twitter blue as soon as it was announced when even Elon knows it’s for suckers and is actively using it as a punishment against his posting enemies by giving it to them

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 22:44 on Apr 22, 2023

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wait…does Twitter have some kind of refreshing backup tick built into it that makes sure verified accounts remain verified in case there was a hiccup with it perhaps?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

he did just help cost the network at least $787 million and potentially a lot more depending on how the smartmatic lawsuit turns out, plus a bunch of sexual harassment lawsuits from producers.

but I think the real reason is that he’s actively bad for republicans’ electoral chances. he’s fixated on election conspiracy theories, woke beer and trans kids, which means the base is fixated on that stuff, which forces Republican candidates to fixate on that stuff. outside of Florida, candidates who ran on the “tucker suite” of issues have done very badly in the past few cycles.

The funniest thing is they can’t undo it now. It’s what they’ve made the entirety of their bases grievances. Going back to dog whistles or framing it as tax concerns will just have the base shout you down as a cuck woke globalist and you’ll be primaried by a true believer who is screaming about Jewish trans people eating babies

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

Yeah, basically Twitter pre-Musk agreed to bankroll several Venture Capital investment funds that in turn invest in start-ups, etc. and Musk is going "LOLno" on his legal obligation (since you sign legally enforceable subscription agreements at the start and pay in piecemeal over a number of years as investments are found, which are what's called capital calls).

lawyers must see Elon musk as a piñata you can hit for free money

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Glenn should interview Elon on his podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

currently a twitter blue subscriber is accusing steve albini of buying likes and follows because there's no other way he could be getting them if you're wondering how it's going

The guy very mad about engagement with the sucker mark is the Founder of some tech start up that claims is creating an App for donations to homeless people, who don’t have phones, and will end homelessness :lol:

He also keeps having an issue of “What do all these Nazis keep agreeing with my stances so much? What’s up with that?” without any deeper thought able to puncture the shell of his completely smooth brain

https://twitter.com/charlie_carrel/status/1650548858101936149?s=46&t=pNldmjaPbwK7Jf44h_hOow

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Apr 25, 2023