Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What’d you do last night Mr. Reas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Actively, I hibernate each Night until the game thread is active again during my free hours

Mechanically, I'm randomly visiting people without any input or output provided on my end (and why I've only had lame post-based reads so far)

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Are there any active masonries remaining?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wologar posted:

Are there any active masonries remaining?

Maerlyn and I are still around

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Punkreas posted:

Mechanically, I'm randomly visiting people without any input or output provided on my end (and why I've only had lame post-based reads so far)

cool, in that case surely you don't mind posting a list of who you visited along with the fail/success status

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
don't call him Shirley

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
In order it was TM, Keats, TM again, Moat, and YPM

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The existence of a third compulsive visitor isn’t too far fetched, I suppose. And they do end up being a great counterbalance to the watch I can hand out.

Ugh, what a frustrating game.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Votecount for Day 6

Punkreas (1): wologar

Not Voting (7): Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Punkreas, t a s t e, Your Personal Muse

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 10th, 2023 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 49 minutes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I miss the halcyon days of this game when I had a better idea of what was going on, at least somewhat. It's also difficult to even write a post when I have to look up a word definition before I can make a comment.

I would like a claim from Nep since her role seems to interact with YPM/Marcy, she mentioned it earlier.

I'll be looking back at older posts but I might just do some long posts so I don't have to keep defining words Hum if you chose three bee you're a monster

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maerlyn posted:

I miss the halcyon days of this game when I had a better idea of what was going on, at least somewhat. It's also difficult to even write a post when I have to look up a word definition before I can make a comment.

I would like a claim from Nep since her role seems to interact with YPM/Marcy, she mentioned it earlier.

I'll be looking back at older posts but I might just do some long posts so I don't have to keep defining words Hum if you chose three bee you're a monster

I did not get to pick and I assure you finding ways to fit these words into my posts is a pain in my asterion. Your word choices so far have been nothing short of fulgent.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Maerlyn posted:

I'm gonna have to decline. Most information is on the table already and this is an uphill battle so if I can deny scum a little room to move or place doubt in their lies then that's what I want. I already said as much but I simply thought that might be the case because of my flavor, but I now think I was just wrong.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm not getting anywhere with night claims of everyone alive so I'm wondering if there's anything to clean from revisiting the dead who've claimed.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
glean not clean

announcer voice: Nep has misspelled a word and thus pretend died. The day continues

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
beet was eliminated before it was possible to get any information much less claim it with his role
shwinn claimed to visit taste n1, and YPM claimed the same. shwinn's role flipped as claimed of course and as there has never been a night with a double night kill, then the implication is taste is alive because ypm really did protect taste

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

The existence of a third compulsive visitor isn’t too far fetched, I suppose. And they do end up being a great counterbalance to the watch I can hand out.

Ugh, what a frustrating game.

It's also the safest possible claim to make in this game which is, well, frustrating too. With YPM not reporting any effects from the visit though it's probably a dead end.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I don't see anything in Illu's posting during d2 that looks to me like a hint as to who they visited, bleh

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
RWC's claimed information is already well established

Anarc

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

FYI I visited maer n1 and failed to visit tm n2

I think this is kinda interesting because it matches with Maerlyn's VT claim. It is possible Maerlyn isn't VT and just chose not to act n1, or that Anarc was interfered with though, but that seems lower odds? So this might actually be useful information.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Johnny Keats posted:

I also know Psycho didn't kill on night 1, despite having no other ability to use at night. Just a note of interest.

I was hoping Keats would have happened to mention who Illu visited but if it's there I'm not seeing it with a ctrl+f. I think this point is a little bit interesting though and want to think about it a bit.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The flips for Moat and TM don't indicate any kind of opportunity to receive information so those don't matter.

I don't think I'm solving this on night actions right now so I'm just gonna focus on post-based stuff.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Hum I know d3 was on the shorter side but during that time did you say anything to psycho to indicate what you were planning to do that night or future nights in general?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Based on posting I think the most likely scum is wolo:

d2: I talked about this before but wolo quickly latched on to keats over the whole hambeet thing, but weirdly not as scum but specifically an SK.

wologar posted:

Interesting. Could there be a common scummy link between all of them? Like, say, a masonizer?

wologar posted:

Jarring as it may be, I assume you totally would. I think you play similarly as town and scum.

Moat vote is better, though.

Shading on psycho but sticking on the moat vote d3 up until the rwc reveal. Not really much on its own though.

d4:

wologar posted:

Using my noggin, I can now tell that ANarc and Maer are scumbuds. Possibly together with Punkreas.

##vote ANarc

Farewell.

d5:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
why does my paste command keep posting STOP

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

Hum I know d3 was on the shorter side but during that time did you say anything to psycho to indicate what you were planning to do that night or future nights in general?

We discussed my n2 action, but once Illusionis showed up as the n2 kill I became very suspicious of Psycho and then once the other 2 masonries claimed I decided the odds of him being town were extremely exiguous. All we discussed once day 3 started was that he was going to try and float YPM as a lunch target because of his doctor choices or that he was going to try and link up with one of the masonries to get info. Then we all started voting him and discussion ceased and the masonry closed once he flipped.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

Based on posting I think the most likely scum is wolo:

d2: I talked about this before but wolo quickly latched on to keats over the whole hambeet thing, but weirdly not as scum but specifically an SK.

Shading on psycho but sticking on the moat vote d3 up until the rwc reveal. Not really much on its own though.

d4:

d5:

As I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself

d5:

wologar posted:

My two point case on Nep:

She clearly didn't care who out of me and ANarc bit it, as long as one of us did. Check her dancing votes near deadline.

Keats cased her and is now dead. No one reacted much to that case, so wiping him out had a good chance of it being swept under the rug.

##vote Nep

Opens with this, this is where I think this is starting to look like a suspect pattern.

The previous day maerlyn cased me, and wologar came forward to correct her on this, but then does this opener.

wologar posted:

Lmao, I forgot Rhymes's result. And yes, I'm aware that I reminded Maer of it last day.

People make mistakes sometimes, even really odd ones, which I could see but there's this:

wologar posted:

Guess I should ##unvote, although I've been sus of Nep since D1. Probably some kind of (non-killing) 3p, then.

I'm not really interested in splitting hairs over this 3p comment, what's more interesting to me is this:

Maerlyn posted:

RWC getting a godfather result on Nep (or appearing "innocent" in an investigation) isn't outside the realm of possibility. It would explain why Nep gives me bad vibes despite seemingly town.

##unvote while I think

What I want to show next here is not quotable because it's an absence of something. Go back to the post with the vote on anarc that I quoted. In that post wolo's scum list is anarc/maer/punkreas. Then suddenly d4 I'm up again, then a backoff. Maer proposes a godfather theory. Wolo doesn't engage with it despite claiming to be "sus of me since d1." Shades Maer some that day.

wologar posted:

If you must know, I thought AN was the one who targeted me two nights ago because they used the word "mosquito" twice, which I took as a codeword. Then Hum used several others and AN was baffled at my suggestion, which made it evident that Hum was the one who targeted me. I did vote AN as a knee-jerk reaction. If I had been around at deadline, I'd have probably switched my vote.

As for my current scumreads: Moat, Nep (yeah, yeah, no killing ability, I know), you. Further back, Punkreas and taste.

Suddenly maerlyn is off the scum list, I'm still on it despite theorizing I'm 3p, and now taste has appeared. Then today wolo has put 0 pressure on me despite the fact that theoretically I should be next in line.

Conclusion: It just feels like wolo is making it up from moment to moment without due consideration.

##vote wologar is the path forward I'm convinced.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Humalong posted:

We discussed my n2 action, but once Illusionis showed up as the n2 kill I became very suspicious of Psycho and then once the other 2 masonries claimed I decided the odds of him being town were extremely exiguous. All we discussed once day 3 started was that he was going to try and float YPM as a lunch target because of his doctor choices or that he was going to try and link up with one of the masonries to get info. Then we all started voting him and discussion ceased and the masonry closed once he flipped.

Okay, I didn't expect anything impactful there but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

d5:

Opens with this, this is where I think this is starting to look like a suspect pattern.

The previous day maerlyn cased me, and wologar came forward to correct her on this, but then does this opener.

People make mistakes sometimes, even really odd ones, which I could see but there's this:

I'm not really interested in splitting hairs over this 3p comment, what's more interesting to me is this:

What I want to show next here is not quotable because it's an absence of something. Go back to the post with the vote on anarc that I quoted. In that post wolo's scum list is anarc/maer/punkreas. Then suddenly d4 I'm up again, then a backoff. Maer proposes a godfather theory. Wolo doesn't engage with it despite claiming to be "sus of me since d1." Shades Maer some that day.

Suddenly maerlyn is off the scum list, I'm still on it despite theorizing I'm 3p, and now taste has appeared. Then today wolo has put 0 pressure on me despite the fact that theoretically I should be next in line.

Conclusion: It just feels like wolo is making it up from moment to moment without due consideration.

##vote wologar is the path forward I'm convinced.

This and what came before spells out pretty well what I was feeling in terms of vibes

Missed the bit about sk hunting which for me is always a scum flag

##vote wolo

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 6

wologar (1): Nep-Nep
Punkreas (1): wologar

Not Voting (6): Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, Mr. Humalong, Punkreas, t a s t e, Your Personal Muse

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 10th, 2023 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 40 minutes.

Honestly, I've flip flopped on wologar. I found him townie because of his self-imposed gimmick early on, and even though Psycho put him in his town reads I figured WIFOM and Psycho could just be posting actual townies to psyche me out in the event he flipped. So I decided to try offering wolo my first boon to see how he reacted to it. He stuck to the PR and received it, but he has neglected to use it the past two nights which I honestly find odd. It would be pretty powerful to use on someone you think is scum and potentially prevent a night kill and if he's an empowerer like he claims I feel like it would have been better to use the jail instead of empowering. Now that Nep brings up that wolo has pretty consistently changed his cases seemingly on a whim...##vote wolo

Nep-Nep posted:

d5:

This is anathema to me.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
lol

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
The boon I got from Hum's restriction is an unused 1 shot jail.

I have nothing left to say.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wish I had a better case to put forth, I’m pretty middling about this wologar thing. Hasn’t felt great how the votes have come in

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I have a prediliction for looking back at voting before I commit to anything but I did notice Psycho thought wol looked townie, also considered it could be a fakeout though.

Wol why did you not use the jail you were given?

Nep why will you not share your role info?

So I'm not a hypocrite (and mentioned earlier anyway) I'm Vice Principal Douglas Panch, and I'm VT.

I'm going to do some digging but I'm not sure that I buy wol as scum here.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Maerlyn posted:

I have a predilection for looking back at voting before I commit to anything but I did notice Psycho thought wol looked townie, also considered it could be a fakeout though.

Edit: fixed a spelling mistake! Don't disqualify me!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Well I hosed up, lol.

Salad confirmed I failed the PR so gently caress it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh nooooooo

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm not going to vote for wol, let him use his jail

Punkreas what's your flavor/character name?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

I'm not going to vote for wol, let him use his jail

Punkreas what's your flavor/character name?

I mean I’d get not voting for someone because you think they’re town but unless you’re positive I’d rather not see a doctor potentially jailed

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Mr. Humalong posted:

This does make me feel better about YPM.

t a s t e posted:

I mean I’d get not voting for someone because you think they’re town but unless you’re positive I’d rather not see a doctor potentially jailed

He hasn't used it for two days by his own comment, and YPM...YPM has said his actions have been successful every night.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maerlyn posted:

Wol why did you not use the jail you were given?

I was saving it until I had a clear target.

Maerlyn posted:

Well I hosed up, lol.

Salad confirmed I failed the PR so gently caress it

RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

For future reference you can literally just copy and paste the word into your post.

Also weird reason to not vote Wol in the face of the case made against him by Nep. Do you think Nep is scum trying to push a mis-lunch here?