Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I don't care if we go 1-16 this year, if Dan Snyder actually fucks off it's better than any Superbowl win

Hell. I don't care if we go 1-16 the next three years, that's how broken I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

indigi posted:

I think I’m rooting for the cowboys this season

you sick gently caress

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

I don’t think the field uniquely affected the eagles

I said it disproportionately affected them

Basically the nfl saw the eagles break Brock Pretty or whatever his name was and freaked the gently caress out and made sure that would not happen to Mahomes whom they and all of their advertising partners have hundreds of millions if not billions invested into as the face of the nfl

They could have just put one of those practice red pinnies on Mahomes. Same effect

You forgot the adrenochrome that they gave the Chiefs

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

Yeah I think if it as a bar where fans of the three teams get together and BS

oh you bastard

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Do we have a new owner yet?

Wake me up when Snyder fucks off to London for good. He can hang out with the Russian criminal oligarchs and Saudi feudal oil barons where he belongs.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

:neckbeard:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Has their been any talk of Washington fixing their stupid nickname and unis under the new ownership? I kinda think they should.

As long as they keep the dark burgundy theme, every other drat thing should go. We need a complete Snyder colonic cleansing

Rich burgundy is the best sports color by far don’t @ me

predicto fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 13, 2023

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Doctor it’s been more than four hours plz help

Dumb obvious repetitive joke that lowered everyone’s opinion of me but I don’t care I ain’t had much footbaw happiness for the past 30 years

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Imagine having Daniel Jones as your starting QB and not even being close to having the worst QB in the division thanks to Washington

This doesn’t even sting at all

Snyder sold the team la la la Snyder sold the team boomshakalaka unf!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Drag it out I don’t care it’s gonna happen now I can just edge even longer unf so good so goddamn good

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

fartknocker posted:

And often losing!

The Washington Generals

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Right. I live near Jacksonville and the Jaguars are going through the same poo poo.

I meant the dilapidated, sewage spewing stadium which I've heard is really hard to park and get to, etc., their poo poo eating rear end in a top hat of an owner, all the sexual harassment allegations, the whole nickname fiasco and, lastly, the truly terrible product on the field that fans have been offered every since Joe Gibbs moved on and the heyday of the early 90's.

It's pretty remarkable.

DC at one time had a top tier coach who won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different (mediocre) QB's, several record setting offensive teams, was as feared as any team in the NFL and owns two of the largest rear end kickings in SB history. Now they're a loving joke of a franchise with precious little hope for the future.

What does a fan of this team hang their hat on and where is any sense of optimism derived?

Snyder is loving moving out. There can be no greater fount of optimism in the world.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

:dance:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Any list that has Jimmy Garoppolo that high clearly is not measuring anything useful

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Yup.

But there’s also a new Silver Line in Virginia that goes all the way to Dulles airport past several potential locations as well.

can you imagine the traffic congestion if they built near Tyson's, lol

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Over 10,000 fans just showed up in mid 90s high humidity weather to watch the Commanders practice. I hope Snyder is seething in his Scrooge McDuck cave of gold coins.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I had a dream last night that Dak threw an interception during the season opener and I was annoyed that I'd have to come in here tomorrow and argue why it wasn't his fault

that wasn't a dream it was a memory

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Just....just get to the NFC title game

Just get there, once. Please.

[insert Dr Evil gif: "How about No"]

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

you sonofa

Sorry, you get no joy until the long suffering WFT fans get to enjoy an NFC title game first

in other words you never get joy

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

https://twitter.com/RiggosRag/status/1686722245291352065?s=20

He still can’t believe what it’s like not to have Dan Snyder’s bullshit clouding his entire offseason and training camp. We could go 0-17 and he’d still probably have that poo poo eating grin on his face the whole way.

And so will I

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

There's a Washington fan I work with (who still refers to them as their old name) who's been trying to tell me that Trevor Lawrence is doomed since "Doug Peterson is not good with quarterbacks." So, yeah in addition to being a stubborn racist, he's also an idiot. The coach that beat Brady and Belichick with loving Carson Wentz and Nick Foles is bad with QB's.

Doug has also coached the two largest increases in QBR in NFL history (Wentz and Lawrence)

Are all Washington fans this stupid?

I admit it. We are embarrassingly stupid. We are every bit as stupid as Eagles fans, Giants fans, and Cowboys fans.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

i am surrounded by lunatics

Like idiots who think a 13-4 San Francisco team and a 13-3 Buffalo team are gimmies.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

It is crazy to think the eagles will win a game they will be favored in.

It's crazy to assume that the Eagles will casually roll through a brutal 5 stretch against teams that went a collective 64 and 20 last year. Teams actually do lose games in which they are favored.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

Hurts lost one regular season game he was favored in last year iirc

So yes I suppose it’s possible

yep it's even possible to lose to Tyler Heinecke

but it's far more likely to lose to at least one of Dallas, SF, Buffalo, or Dallas again when you play them all in a row sandwiched around KC.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

The Commanders are under a rain delay. Didn’t we used to play football in the rain?

Most stadiums don't pour the filthy rainwater directly on the fans the way FedEx does. It's a sanitation delay.

oh wait this is Cleveland... nm

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Ok everyone on the Sam Howell bandwagon - he's clearly Pro Bowl bound! :woop:

well he didn't look terrible which is a good start

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

We’ve been starving for a quarter century and are entitled to instagram every spoonful of gruel we are now getting

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Doltos posted:

Too bad football didn't start until 2013

No, Football ended in 1992

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Sam Howell may not totally suck rear end. But the Commie defense falls for the delayed handoff every single time, it's embarrassing.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Jerry sucks big time but I can’t put him at rock bottom simply because he actually wants to win, which can’t be said for every owner. Def a massive piece of poo poo though.

Snyder wanted to win. It’s not a defense.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

If Washington had Trent Williams back on the O Line it would be a playoff team

as it is, Howell will be broken into shards by week 4 and we still will have no idea if he has actual potential or not

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

God I love Emma Peel

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Who cares, take a deep breath of first place air

Three hours of bliss

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Doltos posted:

He's a great passer already. He just isn't a threat to pass first, which is fine. I'd take someone who is a threat to get a first down every time they throw the ball over a big armed pocket passer in today's NFL.

*sad echoes of RG3 ripple through the thread *

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Yudo posted:

The WFT can't play with the Cowboys or Eagles, but hey, they are completing forward passes so I'm happy. Got to keep expectations real.

Howell looks good

when he's not being crushed into paste by three defensive linemen every other play

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

This may be the first time since RG3 imploded that there were 15 or so posts in a row about the Washington Football Team. We aren't good yet, but at least we are not being completely ignored by you eagles/giants/scumbagteamfromdallas posters anymore. I think I'm going to cry...

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

:captainpop:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

gently caress the Cowboys btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

pro starcraft loser posted:

Are the Commanders for real or just scrapped by winning against bad teams? This game will tell.

umm

At least we only lost 30-0. Imagine how embarrassing it would be to lose 40-0.

predicto fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 25, 2023