Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

finally got to play the cpu a little bit in the demo, and i like the parry system a whole lot

my g14 laptop with a 3060 is running it like poo poo though- like 43fps? anyone else having similar issues? i havent hosed around with settings much but i figure the drivers and final build will be better optimized

I play on a laptop with a 3050 and it’s totally fine. Are you on windows 11? Update all your drivers? Are your settings too high? How much ram you got? Be sure to launch the GeForce experience to make super extra sure your video drivers are up to date. I’ve seen old video drivers cause some real bad poo poo.

Also the game has a “shader warming” function in the settings menus that I’d recommend trying.

Unrelated:

https://youtu.be/23Jxa_9Zt9k

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

A friend of mine had a great computer but was running windows 10 and some old drivers, the game ran like poo poo. I don’t know if it was just the upgrade to win11 or the driver update that fixed it, but it’s worth a try if you have no reason to NEED to stay on Win10

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

I really didn't have much time so I had to laser focus on stuff I wanted to see + make youtube vids for.

I will say "hard inputs" are kinda a dying breed? Only a handful of characters have charge, they got rid of mash motions, Lily and Hawk are the only 2 characters with 360 motions, and only gief has a 720 motion.

Geif still has 360s. I didn’t play it but the videos flying around YouTube have shown command lists

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

So my friends are getting this and tbh I’ve always had a passing interest in fighting games so the Yakuza-style single player is enough of an excuse to get my cash.

That said I’m a total novice, and playing through the multiplayer tutorial I had a hell of a time doing double quarter circle inputs. I’m using a game pad and was trying to use the dpad. Should I try using the stick instead?

No, never use the analog stick for these games. The game is designed for 8 directions and digital input. Using the stick is less accurate since you can “miss” the direction you are trying to tap, and slower because of the extra travel your thumb has to do

Don’t get down on yourself, if you’re a total newbie to these games it’s gonna take a bit of practice to get these motions down. You’ll get it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It grinds my gears that 6 face buttons hasn’t been any console’s standard since Saturn. Xbox doesn’t count cuz those two buttons were in silly spots.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

morestuff posted:

Yeah but they could just not have an open beta

But it’s a stress test. The open beta isn’t a reward/punishment and it isn’t for us, it’s for Capcom.

I also notice PS4 is left out. I have to assume at this point PS4 just isn’t included in crossplay.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Basticle posted:

The demo also defaults to 30 for World Tour fights on PC for some insane reason. I forget what the toggle in the options is called.

On PC it’s literally called “30FPS in world tour battles” yes/no

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Modern controls giving you the optimal target combo depending on if you get a counter hit or not is just so loving stupid and goes completely against what the entire point of an alternative easy control mode should be.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

PepperKeibu posted:

The rank down protection in this game is obnoxious. I've been losing nonstop for awhile now and no matter how many times I lose I get -0 LP and remain at the same rank. A rank that I cannot win a match at. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to prevent players from ranking down to a rank better suited for their skill level.

Bahahah I said this exact thing would happen the moment I heard that you couldn’t rank down and nobody believed me that this would be a problem.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Or your friend comes over and smurfs on your account a bit while eating pizza and drinking Dr Pepper and just being bros.

Now your account is trapped at Gold when you have no business being up that high and have no way to end up back at an appropriate ranking

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

morestuff posted:

Is your friend refusing to play casual matches for some reason

Perhaps. Or clicked the wrong button. Point is that’s not an unrealistic scenario and it shouldn’t even be a problem, but because capcom said “demotions hurt feelings” you’re hosed

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Mr. Trampoline posted:

I tried that. No luck. At this point I've tried nearly everything - running SF6 at absolute lowest settings, unplugging unnecessary usb devices, closing extra programs, configuring the nvidia gpu settings - nothing. I've even tried fixes people have posted for SF5, which I saw some people had the same stuttering issue I'm having with SF6. I've tried other games - rhythm games, Tekken, Strive, and none of them do this. At this point I just gotta hope the full release fixes the issue I'm having and runs better.

Windows 10 or windows 11?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

If there’s no particular reason you can’t, upgrade. I’ve seen it work and I figure it’s probably the only thing you haven’t tried yet

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Nah luke owns

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Has Capcom stated precisely what is included in each of the three versions of the game?

The year 1 character pack is straightforward. Beyond that, there's costumes and maps, but have they said exactly what costumes & for which characters, and what maps?

Nope, just how many you get and you gotta pray they don’t suck

(I bought it!)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

chumbler posted:

Feels like a bad idea to post on twitter about getting a street date broken copy, considering.

Capcom isn’t gonna do anything to anyone for buying the game. I guess the store can get in trouble but imagine trying to justify to anyone “you aren’t allowed to play in our tournaments because you legally bought the game at the store selling it to you and you didn’t even realize it was a few days before we said they could”

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Lichtenstein posted:

Very good. The game wanted to spook you showing most servers as 3-bar for some reason, but as far as matches themselves went 3-5 bars were all perfectly smooth sailing - and that's on wifi.

The ping to the server means nothing, the matches themselves are peer to peer

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

To gain a 5% damage and hitstun buff you must kiss your same-sex opponent on the lips.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

what happens when it gets to 100%? :ohdear:

:gay:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Phenotype posted:

What's a good PS5 fight stick nowadays? Hoping to spend less than $200, but I want something decent. Used to love the old Madcatz TE Fightsticks, wanted something with that kind of heft to it. I was told the Hori sticks are pretty good, but can they really charge that much for a fightstick that doesn't have Sanwa parts? Are the Hayabusa parts on those things high quality as well? Same for the Qanba fightsticks I see recommended, too, they're using Qanba sticks and buttons.

Any licensed PS4 stick will work just fine, so it’s not hard to get something under 200. And Hayabusa parts are pretty great and also totally swappable with Sanwa if you prefer.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Lol Capcom just quietly sliding Denuvo in at the last minute.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It just occurred to me that they quietly added Denuvo the moment reviews came out. They left it out of the game until critics were done with it so it wouldn’t impact their score.

I gotta say, I respect the balls it took to do that

Edit: like if Disney screened a “review friendly” The Little Mermaid for critics and then the version that makes it to theaters is the real one with a 20 minute uncensored rape scene

Jack Trades posted:

Do big time reviewers ever mention Denuvo?

No but they’ll mention “it’s weird how there game chugs for no reason”

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 30, 2023

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

I hate having to defend loving DRM but Denuvo only affects performance in cases where idiot developers implement it wrong. There have been several high profile cases where the public have gotten access to both a Denuvo and a Denuvo-less version of a game and comparisons always confirm that.

Plus the benchmarking tool they are freely distributing, which obviously doesn't have Denuvo, also chugs quite a bit during the World Tour stages.

There's plenty of viable arguments you can use to critique DRM, such as Denuvo, but the performance ain't it.

Regardless of how well we assume it’ll work at release, capcom still left it out exactly long enough for reviews to come out before putting it in. They left the DRM out until the people who could publicly complain about it pre-release are all done reviewing it.

That’s both sneaky and funny

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

hello internet posted:

Is this even a real thing in 2023 or is it just another case of gamer superstition?
If anything it’s more real now than ever before since everything is transmitting something.

Just buy a wire.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Storm One posted:

Paid character DLC, BP or not, is garbage. What I'm 100% ok with is paid cosmetic DLC.

Everything gameplay related has to be in the drat game from the start or patched in later if needed. gently caress paying extra for characters, training mode features, replays, cross-play, etc.

It wasn’t that long ago when getting new characters and balance updates and features entailed buying a whole new game, and if you didn’t buy the new game you didn’t get the new system level changes, new balance updates, and you couldn’t play online with anyone who upgraded.

Paying for extra characters if you want but still getting the new balance changes and not being excluded from netplay if you choose not to pay is totally the superior option

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Storm One posted:

Sure, buying a whole new version would be preferable for all of those except the balance updates that should definitely be added with patches to the existing version, and perhaps a few new moves or such.

Gating characters behind extra payments is lovely, if they need more money to continue supporting the game and developing the next version get it from cosmetics.

Buying a whole new version of the game is gating characters behind extra payments, except it’s also gating a lot more than just characters behind extra payments

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

What I wish more games did was let you roll back to previous versions. Even if they don’t let older versions play online at all, having access to previous builds from when the game played different would be great.

an example I like to use is everybody liked SF2 Turbo a lot more than Super, and it would be lame if everyone’s copies of Turbo transformed into Super without any way to go back

On consoles you can install the disc and just not let it patch up, but not every build of a game will have gotten physical printings.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

chipotle codes will only work on consoles, not on the pc version for some reason?

Redbull all over again.

Why do we let capcom get away with this!?!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Capcom hasn’t demonstrated, or even mentioned, if the PS4 version has crossplay.

With broken street dates, has anyone been able to confirm if it has it one way or the other?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/1535398105121583104

I think when they just say crossplay, they mean full crossplay.

All he said is “crossplay” and absolutely nobody, especially not a capcom employee, has clarified “all systems” or not

In fact we have had three betas that didn’t include all systems and it’s very upsetting that Max was apparently the one person on the planet to ask someone at capcom the question and he failed to say “is that for every system?” as a follow up

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

If only there were three online beta tests they could’ve tested custom lobbies in. Oh well that would’ve been impossible

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Spacebump posted:

How do I unlock the free copy of Super Turbo? I linked my psn and capcom account. I logged into 5 for a second and back to 6 but nothing happened.
If you hit Start there should be some kind of button for announcements or notifications or something. From there you’ll see some messages with present icons. Click those to claim

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

Is there any way to use custom avatars to fight offline/locally?

Nope, it’s lame. If this was the early 2000s they would’ve had a feature where both players pop in their memory cards and load in their customs.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I found a “break the scooters” minigame that is good for grinding gift money, but it won’t let me turn up the difficulty from Easy. How do I make it let me turn it up?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Just pick guile. He’s THE chargeguy of videogames

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

SF6 doesn't have any cross progression, right? I have it for PS5, but if I buy it for PC I'd end up having to start over again right?

Yeah, you’ll be starting over. Capcom advertised cross progression but I think they sneakily just meant ps4 to ps5

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I knew the pixelated apes ruined lives on an individual level but on a global scale!?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Wanted to bump this question because I'm in need of one too. Plus the D-pad is hurting my old man thumb :(

https://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-commander-octa-for-playstation-5/

https://pdp.com/products/ps5-pc-victrix-pro-bfg-controller

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Lol this tournament I’m in told everyone months ago “this will be the ps5 version of the game. Make sure you have a controller that works. Check here for details”

Pools are getting held up bad because there’s always multiple matches being held up by people waiting to borrow the one Brook adapter rotating around the building. Come on DQ these guys

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

SPACE HOMOS posted:

The local barcade (that does 10 dollar buy in smash every thurs) is starting SF6 tomorrow. But its on PS5s and has over 90 people signed up. Not sure how thats going to work unless they have those brooks dongles. Seems like it would be smarter to ask a couple people with laptops to bring them.

If players were warned well in advance then TOs should feel absolutely fine DQing when people are holding shy up cuz they didn’t deal with their own hardware beforehand

Pockyless posted:

Plugging and unplugging in sticks to PCs while games are running can cause even more issues. This is why plugging in two brooks adaptors into a PC setup was what defend the north did, but even that needed to have techs running around the venue because it wouldn’t work sometimes.

I’ve participated and run several PC tournaments and there was never a fraction of the drama that PS5 controller stuff has caused in just this one tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Their flyer doesn't say its on ps5s. I only know as my roommate asked the guy running it.

Oof. Yeah if they aren’t specifying which version then it’s best to either have PS4 or PC so everyone’s stuff will work

Also hot tip for tournaments, specify for anyone bringing a monitor: 120 hz or greater. Half the monitors at this tournament can only do 60 so all of the setups have to be run at 60hz in the interest of lag consistency and not having half the machines have wicked screen tear.