Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Is this sufficient

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm perfectly capable of being crushed without you.

I'll own it. Kupp had one top-10 finish prior to this trade, had two years in the mid-20s, and then the injury year. I was 2-2 at the start of 2021 after a couple of lackluster season and figured I should just sell off pieces and try to rebuild. Didn't think he would keep up that pace through the rest of the season!

Absolutely nobody knew.

Except Steve Smith, I suppose.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

Not disagreeing with Sun God.

I'm just chiming in that I really wish I owned Pickens in dynasty.

I got really excited that some good news had come out, then realized... I own Pickett in Dynasty. Not Pickens.

Pickett still sucks.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I got auto-drafted Najee Harris. Are the ones banging his drum still feeling good today?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Puka went for 35% in one league

:clint: There's no way this comes back to bite me.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I don't like that trade for you. I'd rather have WIlson than Watson, and Gainwell than Dillon.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Kamara, what are people's expectations for him?

He hasn't looked the same since he became the bellcow. It feels like he needs the complementary back, and they still don't have it.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

I lost this week by the tightest margin i've seen or heard of. Granted, I'm new.

I lost 99.06 to 99.2. A whole 0.14 points.

You haven't lost yet. Pray to the gods of stat corrections.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

:rip:

Last year I was winning going into the final moments of the last game (I think we both coincedentally were all done after the Sunday afternoon games). Only the Colts and somebody (Commanders maybe?) were still playing, I had the Colts defense, my opponent had nobody. ESPN had been showing 99% win probability for a while. The Colts defense allowed a TD in the closing seconds of the game which put me behind by less than 1 point and I lost. That was a "go directly to the liquor cabinet, do not pass Go, do not collect $200" kind of loss.

e: yeah it was Washington, last minute QB sneak by Heinicke. lol. This is definitely not burned into my brain as an all time tilting loss or anything :shepicide:

I was on the other end of this one time many years ago.

It was a baseball roto fantasy league with a bunch of friends. The literal last pitch of the baseball season (on a sunday night) was a strikeout that was also a save. I had that closer and that gave me exactly the 2 points I needed to overtake first place. That was wild. :cheers:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

Not really seeking advice so much as venting but man I feel like I hosed up bad at QB this year. Normally I am a late round QB and stream if it doesn't work out truther. But I bought into the narrative that the middle class was incredible this year and took Dimes and Lawrence without a backup in a couple leagues, using bench spots on lottery tickets and backup RBs (of course, all the wrong ones there too, who haven't had their starter go down. If I took Achane instead of Spears or Kyren instead of Warren I'm loving life). And even going into week 1-2 it looked OK because the waiver wire was flush. But while I was waiting for these guys to figure it out, Stroud and Love and Purdy and Howell all got snapped up and I was left holding the bag. By week 3 when I wanted options the best available were like Baker or Zach Wilson or Mac Jones, lol.

Sample size in the NFL is minuscule but I think I need to go back to drafting a no doubt stud or waiting and taking a guy I don't care about dropping if he looks bad after week 1. Just like the real NFL, being stuck with a low end starter QB is a nightmare.

I used to be this way as well.

This year I have Mahomes, Hurts, and JAllen for my teams.

It feels intensely better knowing you're going to get great scores at QB. However, my teams are a combined 4-8, so take that for what you will. (Two redraft and one dynasty.)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Does fantasy (or at least yahoo) give Big Points to fake FGs where the kicker yeets to a receiver for a TD?

Asking as my hand hovers over the Lions kicker

Not sure I've ever seen this. I've seen the holder (usually the punter) throw for the TD. I've even seen the holder pitch it to the kicker who ran it in.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

I love these so much. Keep doing them!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

Had no inkling the Pats would win I was just trying to save Buffalo for later

Neither did the Bills. And it showed.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Even Josh Allen vs the rest of the corpses?

I'd think Diggs would be at least somewhat close to Reek.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

morningdrew posted:

Doesn't get down to the wire any more than this, I had Jimmy G and Meyers - he had Adams and the Oakland kicker. I was behind by .01 at one point

Ah, the Iron Condor strategy. Bold.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

take me you ANIMAL posted:

I am legit thinking about benching Tony P this week, his only game getting more than 10 points in the last month is against the Chargers and they're player Philly this week.

It just doesn't feel like he's a bellcow back. He's a perfect complement back.

Also where's all the Najee backers now? :sigh: What a waste of $38 auction dollars.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gearman posted:

I think you can get someone better for Conner.

Also got a very spicy trade offer this morning:

2QB, 0.5 PPR:

I give:
- CJ Stroud
- Sam Howell
- Tyjae Spears

I get:
- Lamar Jackson
- Gardner Minshew
- Cooper Kupp

Seems like an obvious mash? Am I missing something here? It is a keeper league and I drafted all of those guys, so there's definitely some solid keeper value on their end.

As much as I've loved CKupp... I wouldn't do this.

I'd rather have what you currently have.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Bellmaker posted:

I regret to inform everyone that Najee Harris might be “okay” :ohdear:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I have Josh Allen, Javon Williams, and the BUF def going.

He has Diggs and Kincaid.

I am down by 10 pts.

I don't even know what to root for. I have no idea how this plays out in my favor.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That is a gift and I would take that immediately.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

I’m in third place in my two big money leagues, with a 5 game losing streak in one, and a 4 game losing streak in the other. Impressive!

Last year I started 9-0, lost 5 straight and squeaked into the playoffs... then won it all.

Keep the faith! Better than I did.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

Does anyone want to speak in favor of divisions in fantasy? I joined a new league this year that uses them. The other division is basically the NFC south, I have four hundred more points and two more wins than their leader but am in third and not going to get a playoff bye as things currently stand. This seems dumb as hell in a game that is already extremely random

It's just the sliding scale of where you decide things "matter".

If this was total roto, you'd just go by PF and forget w/l altogether. I'm in one league with divisions, and it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

He’d have to learn how to catch a football first

It really is quite something just how many incredibly fast and agile human beings there are that just... can't catch a football. Despite practicing that one skill many times every day.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I guess, but I don't think most people play FF for the transactional benefit of it. The emotions is the point.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

beer league

How it started / How it's going

1st in PF, but only 6-7. I win and I'm in next week, but it should not have even come down to this. I mismanaged at least two weeks into losses.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Push trade through, win title, and bugger out of that BS league.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Maybe but this literally happened to me. I won it all in 2021, then my team just went to poo poo in 2022 and I ended up with the worst record and eighth place in the draft. Didn’t bother me, I knew the rules. I tried not to be last but the team just sucked. :shrug:

Sup, fellow 1st to last buddy. :hfive:

Re: tanking, I don't really care that much about it unless it also involves collusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Mike Penix Bruised My Ribs

wait...