Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

In my 0.5 PPR (TE premium) superflex dynasty league was offered the following

Give:
Miles Sanders
2025 3rd round pick

Get:
Isiah Pacheco
MVS

Now I have little to no interest in MVS but i'm thinking of countering with asking him for Pacheco and Gerald Everett, as my only TE right now is Cole Kmet. I'm obviously giving up the best asset in Sanders but i'm not going to be competing for the next year at least so getting a little younger with an RB who's on a better offence (and who can catch maybe?) seems interesting. Worth noting I currently roster Mahomes and McKinnon so I'd have a lot of Chiefs stock.

Thanks for everyone's help all the time even though I don't contribute as much as I should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I wouldnt want MVS. I dont think he can be relied on as a fantasy started at all. Everett is on the last year of his contract with the Chargers and (last I checked) cant block to save his life so I'm not sure I'd want him either, if you're not competing this year. Can you counter to offer a 2025 4th or 5th instead of the 3rd and just acquire Pacheco?

Our rookie drafts only go 3 rounds.

Didn't realize Everett was in a contract year, thanks for the info. Though it could be a good thing if he gets the contract year production bump, I could maybe flip him before the deadline or next offseason for something. Plus the Chargers didn't see fit to add to the position in the draft.

And yeah MVS is a non-starter.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

ChocolatePancake posted:

I would not do this. MVS and a 2025 3rd round pick are both basically worthless, so you are essentially trading Sanders for Pacheco. I do not think there is a likely scenario, barring injury, that Pacheco out scores Sanders this year.

I see what you're saying and i'm not at all interested in MVS (Maybe Gerald Everett instead), I guess i'm thinking longer term with Pacheco vs. Sanders

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Ended up not being able to agree on draft picks for Sanders as I was looking for 2 early-mid 2nds (rookie draft) and a youngish player. Not even sure that's enough for Sanders though?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

I would be looking for a second this year and next.

Ended up trading Sanders for my 2024 2nd (which should be early) and Jaylin Hyatt (who I wanted instead of a 2025 2nd).

Edit: Jingleheimer, that is a bonafied blockbuster!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

You mean his 2024 second right?

And Hyatt is my favorite receiver in this class. Didn't have my highest grade, just was the most loving fun.

No, it's actually my 2024 2nd that's been traded around a couple times.

Edit: Yeah I chose Hyatt partly based on some of the hype on these here forums. Am I an idiot? Time will tell!

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 11, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I have Lamar in dynasty (superflex though) and I was asking for 2 1st round picks plus at minimum around the draft

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I think there are far fewer questions about the Ravens' passing offence in a fantasy context than there were the last couple years.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Keeptradecut has them almost at the same value.

Calcs are dumb.

True but Keeptradecut is probably my least favourite. Crowdsourcing makes for some wonky valuations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Whew

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Ayudo posted:

1. Kelce,
2. Andrews,

a big gap

3. Hockenson,
4. Pitts,
5. Freiermuth.

That's the whole list.

Edit: Shultz is your $1 punt the position guy.

I'd stick Goedert in that 3-5 area personally

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

🙋

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh gosh, look at this
https://footballabsurdity.com/draft-sheet-form/

I love you.

Also, the preseason is upon us! Go Football!!

You guys rule!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

When he drafted Waller... CMC, Tyreek, Eckler, Kelse, Diggs and Kupp were all still on the board lol.

Man I wish I was in a league with rubes like this

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

EconDad posted:

It's incredible how fast everyone forgot that CMC is always injured. He's being drafted like he's ironman, all of a sudden.

Spoiler: He's not ironman.

CMC had had twice as many seasons where he's played in every game than not. Everyone forgets that because he had 2 injured seasons in a row.

He's not an ironman, but very few RBs are

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Vargo posted:

Have any of you ever done a league that allows you to trade draft picks? I've got an offer in my 12-team home league that is essentially me giving up my 1st and 4th round picks for an extra pick in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Since I'm drafting 7th, this pretty much means giving up Kelce or Kupp for guaranteed shots at Sun-God and Mandrews?

I don't know how to measure the value here, is the thing.

Footballguys has a draft pick calculator

https://www.footballguys.com/pick-value-calculator

But I wouldn't give up a 1st for an extra 2nd and 3rd

Edit: wow I was waaay late

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 28, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

The thread moves fast and I'm sure this got missed.

I'm leaning hard toward Hock for my fourth keeper. Again, this league is set at 4 keepers, they replace your first 4 picks, and you can't opt out of keeping and get that draft pick back. Next year we go back to full redraft.

My WRs aren't great, but I'm confident Godwin, Higgins, Cooper, and others of that tier will be available during the draft. After Hock the TE value drops sharply.

What pick do you have?

I'd keep Higgins if it were me. Sure TE drops off quick but you can put something decent together via streaming (or draft Hockenson depending on where you pick) but if you miss out on Higgins your WR core could be dire.

If you really feel like getting nuts in a PPR league, drop Henry and keep both Higgins and Hockenson probably don't do this

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

We won't know our draft order until it opens, so no clue.

Higgins was my first gut choice as a keeper over Hock, I just started looking at draft sheets and saw how TE just drops after Hock (whom I got two years in a row via draft and it was nice never worrying about that position) and got nervous.

Higgins hosed me a lot last year with boom/bust and injuries.

How many WRs do you start?

If it was Kelce/Andrews absolutely, but Hock is at the top of the TE blob which :effort:.

Don't necessarily project injuries from last year onto this year.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

I'll blame you when I invariably get stuck with streaming TE nobodies.

As you should.

I'm drafting the hell out of Gerald Everett as a late round TE fwiw

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Floofy posted:

Is there a team to target for us non-DST streamers with a strong schedule? I’ve been seeing the Browns come up a few times on other sites

I've been looking at Baltimore or Denver for the first 5 weeks

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

12 team 0.5PPR 2 keeper draft last night (didn't have a pick in the 5th, 6th and 8th rounds due to trades):

QB - Dak Prescott
QB - Kyler Murray (WW pickup, put on IR)
RB - CMC (keeper via trade)
RB - Joe Mixon (keeper)
RB - D'Onta Foreman (WW pickup, dropped Tank Bigsby for him)
WR - Chris Olave
WR - Scary Terry
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Nico Collins
WR - Tyler Boyd
WR - Jakobi Meyers
WR - Jameson Williams (hoping I can stash him for the back half of the season)
TE - Mark Andrews
K - Greg Joseph
DEF - Ravens

I'm happy with my RB/WR/TE starters, but god help me if I have injury trouble.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

We're all dumb because I forgot the Nearsheets existed and was just talking about my own auction values chart on the site. There I just add about 10% to the high end guys because I want fantasy owners to get some because it feels good. Then I take the difference out in the WR2-3s because I want a crash to happen while the users still have wr slots available because it feels good.

Free survivor league, anyone? This is where you pick a team every week and they win, you aren't eliminated. But you can't pick the same team twice in the year.

https://fantasy.espn.com/free-prize...d7-1b16a7bb42b1

Love me a survivor pool, i'm in

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

ChocolatePancake posted:

Once again all my decisions were wrong.

I have a feeling this post will be quoted quite often in this thread

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Freaquency posted:

RIP to all A A Ron drafters

And Garrett Wilson

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Well, waiver claims are all in, time to go to bed and feel stupid in the morning regardless of the result.

:hmmyes:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

EconDad posted:

$200 out of $250 budget for Justice Hill is the only way to win your league. Ask whoever did it in one of my keep-four auction leagues.

:lol: I got him for free this morning after no one claimed him. I actually tied for both Kelley and Gus but lost because they were farther down I'm my faab order.

Got Puka for 28% :getin:

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 13, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

$187/200 was spent for Puka in my BML.

Does sleeper even show the other bids, I can't figure it out.
It should when you click on the right side of your league chat. It should have the dollar amount and how many bids were made.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Yeah Mingo is the drop easy

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

JSN was dropped in my 0.5 PPR league. Realizing every league is different, how much faab should spend on him? Currently bidding $17 of the $76 I have left.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

I want to pick up Spears in my 1PPR Yahoo Keeper league.

QB: Hurts
RB: CMC, King Henry, Rhamondre Stevenson, James Conner, Rachaad White, Charbonnet, Hunt
WR: Tee Higgins, Christian Watson, Mike Williams, Dotson, Jakobi Meyers

I'm pretty thin at WR so I'm thinking its Charbs for Spears?

I would drop Hunt tbh

Also this might've been missed at the bottom of a page

MakaVillian posted:

JSN was dropped in my 0.5 PPR league. Realizing every league is different, how much faab should spend on him? Currently bidding $17 of the $76 I have left.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

Even with the news of him going to the Browns?

Yeah. I mean I don't think Ford is great or anything, but as someone has already said before, the Browns already chose Ford ahead of Hunt in the offseason and it took a season ending injury for anyone to sign Hunt. He'll get a bit of work but you're probably never going to start Hunt as you have 5 better RBs so why not secure the handcuff for your #2 RB.

Play posted:

Anyways, I'll simplify my question please help since I have to decide by tomorrow. Waller vs SF or Hunter Henry vs Jets.

Henry. The Jets are only 26th against TEs so far this year and Henry seems to be Macorkle's favourite target

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

ShowTime posted:

He was limited at practice today due to ankle issues. It's probably nothing. I hope it's nothing.

Thursday and Friday practices are the ones that matter. Unless he's limited or out for those 2 don't worry too much

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

T-Square posted:

Our negotiations snowballed into basically trading each other a third of our rosters lol. This is either gonna sink me or help me out in the long run, but I honestly don’t hate it and I’m fine with whatever happens because I needed a little upside gamble with Taylor to be competitive with the top teams right now down the line.

I sent:
AJ Brown
ETN
Montgomery
Stafford (Who I just picked up for $0 on waivers this week to cover Richardson just in case lol)

I got:
Bijan
Taylor
T-Law
McLauren
Addison

That is a good trade for you imo

Edit: Ended up getting JSN off waivers, though I spent 24% of remaining faab to get him and no one else bid so a bit of a waste of money but I think he's got good upside for the rest of the season

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 21, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

T-Square posted:

I just found out that more than one person in my new league, both of which have been playing fantasy for years, thought that our FAAB was real money on top of our buy in so they weren’t making wire moves or were making $0 bids

This was after I publicly explained that FAAB was not real money in the league chat because yet another person thought the same thing. All of which was after I explained how it worked during the conception of the league and then everyone voted to use the FAAB for waivers :doh:

So yeah people do be terrible at fantasy

:lol:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

In redraft what pick would Kyren be worth at the moment?

The current owner is about to be 0-3 and looking to blow his team up for picks next year. I have CMC and Mixon with Herbert as my only other option. I'm probably going to be 1-2 after this week and will either be just in or just outside the playoffs.

The current owner will likely ask for a 1st which is too much imo, I'm thinking a 3rd is about as high as I'd go but not sure if I'm undervaluing Kyren.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

RCarr posted:

Ymmv but I would not hesitate to drop his bum rear end

Yeah, one good game against the Raiders doesn't make him startable in my eyes

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I'm wondering if I should look at trading some of my WR depth for a decent 3rd RB in my 0.5 PPR keeper league (currently 1-2 and just outside the playoffs)

Current roster:

I was thinking of targeting someone like Miles Sanders, James Connor, or even a James Cook/Aaron Jones type low-end RB1. We can trade next year's draft picks so I can potentially make up for some value discrepancy on my end.

Am I being too cute and should just be happy with my good WR depth?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Received a trade offer in my 0.5 PPR keeper league and not sure

My Smith-Njigba and a 2024 5th round pick for his Miles Sanders. He also has Najee Harris...

Current RBs: CMC, Mixon (starters) and Khalil Herbert on the bench

I have decent WR depth (assuming Mike Evans isn't hurt for too long) so I've been kind of looking for an RB2 to plug in for injuries/byes and the occasional flex play.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Gearman posted:

No, it is the players who are bad.

Yes we are nigh infallible beings who can only be let down by the elite athletes (and their doofus coaches) we put on our fake football teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

This has me really evaluating my roster. I have a pretty good RB corps with CMC, King Henry, Conner, Rhamondre, White, Spears, Charb

My WRs? Higgins, Watson, Mike Williams (RIP and dropped) Jacobi Meyers, and then bench stashes

Sitting at 3-1 but I feel incredibly vulnerable and not certain CMC can lead me to promised land alone. Would you consider trying to trade CMC in my case?

I would absolutely try to trade one of Henry or Rhamondre for a WR. Watson being WR1 is not a place I would like to be (I say this as a dynasty owner who's WR1 is Zay Flowers/Tyler Lockett).

Edit: Nice graphs FCS