Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Kiss made Destroyer which is a seriously good album. Of course if only happened because Simmons thought releasing a critically acclaimed album just as they were getting famous would make their career, so they brought in Bob Ezrin to produce and gave him a lot of control over the song writing in order to make something that was actually good. The result was a really loving solid album from start to finish that's leagues better than anything else they ever did, with one exception:

In the late seventies to make more moolah the four members released solo albums that were also Kiss albums at the same time. Guitarist Ace Frehley wanted to prove himself and he did so by making an album that kicked the stuffing out of his band mate's efforts.

So the Kiss discography is a sea of crap with two giant loving diamonds in it that show how good they could be when they were actually trying.

Also Paul Stanley is a great singer be honest, how many of you Simmons was the singer, and y'all probably know I Was Made for Loving You without knowing it's by Kiss.

Sorry I'll stop now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Not to mention the articles that are just ads themselves, about the new McDonald's menu or an item at Lidl that is apparently causing a stir on social media or whatever.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
When GTA 6 comes out we're hosed.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Fatty posted:

I think that narrative only came out after the deaths, and feels a lot like the widow trying to make her husband a bit less of a monster.

Even if it's true I don't see how it makes it look like he wanted to go, if he was going to go to the bottom of the ocean whether he liked it or not he might as well make the most of it.

E:

Tesseraction posted:

I was watching a video by an engineer on these kind of things and he was saying that while it's true that using controllers for certain things is perfectly fine (turrets in the US military was an example given) it's apparently extremely stupid to use on a submersible, a) because you shouldn't be using it to control movement for something you're currently in and b) because there's nothing to secure you to your environment (such as a fixed chair), meaning if you get disorientated you could press what you think is forward and move left, ensnaring your submersible on debris.

They're also usually wired controllers, making it wireless is one more thing that can go wrong. Apparently they did this so they could "throw" it to a passenger and let them have a go piloting the sub.

escapegoat fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 5, 2023

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Fitting for a sexual predator to announce the queen's death on the beeb.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

fuctifino posted:

He was the one who announced the death of liz

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1567932445894348803

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
I could have sworn he was the voice of the Welsh-language train announcements the last time I was there, though I can't seem to find any info on it. Awkward commutes tomorrow if so.

escapegoat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 10, 2023

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Guess not then, similar voice though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JAkXQtygtc

Also, lol.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
I showed you my arse pls respond.

Sanford posted:

Very unsexy photograph. Looks like he’s grudgingly reapplying for an updated bum passport.

Arseport.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

domhal posted:

It wasn't tasteless. More like chicken.

Pork, so I hear.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Absolutely love to see the authorities, banks and media bending over backwards to prostrate themselves for having deigned, deigned to besmirch the good name of his his Excellency, King in All But Name, Deliverer of the Most Holy Brexit Lord Nigel of Farage, Champion of All the Peoples of England and Fishes of her Seas, Conqueror of the Empire of Brussels in Europe in General and Britain in Particular.

So good of the government to step in because he and he alone was inconvenienced, it's only right after all that this one particular private individual get his every way and be repeatedly allowed to impose his will on the rest of the country.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

crispix posted:

lol that might be the poshest heckling i've ever heard

It was posh heckling that did for Boris in the end so let's hope it keeps up.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Crystal Thenis posted:

I find Ireland fascinating but being one of the few people here with no biological links whatsoever it’s more of an Oliver Twist looking through the window kind of thing.

there is just so much life and possibility. even the wood chip thing quaint in a way when you compare to HS2 or any other of our corrupt schemes.

the average brit has no idea about that housing scheme or any of it, and i guess the new passport folks are happy to stay quiet. good on them/yous but yeah, jealous.

There's still a Common Travel Area between the UK and Ireland after brexit, so anyone is free to move there if they want.

You can even get a passport after five years.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
War on obesity is getting out of hand.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Too bad there wasn't a period of say, six weeks or so, where the schools were going to be closed anyway and the repairs could have been carried out without any disruption and saved everyone a big last minute scramble, but alas.