Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Origami Dali posted:

Oh, and Skinamarink is great.

Wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

dorium posted:

That’s not too bad. I have a Tenebre shirt from Rucking Fotten that a lady got really angry at me about because “you probably like torturing women huh”. I laughed in her face and walked away.

The shirt in question

I dunno what she was smoking. Whatever.

Shirt rules. I just got my The Thing teesh today (and ordered one of The VVitch ones as well)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Oh, hell yeah, my go-to Alamo is playing The Descent tonight! It's one of my favorites and I've never seen it in theater, so I'm stoked

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Agreed. He killed it in Jeepers Creepers and Barbarian, so I'm fully on board for him leaning into more horror

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I've got the Alamo pass, so seeing Imaginary is gonna cost me $2 (plus beers). I guarantee I'll have $2 worth of fun (probably helped by said beers)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm all for stretching the definition of what is and isn't horror, but Poor Things ain't horror

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I didn't agree with it then either

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sorry, musta missed all the horror of the body stuff

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I think Killing of a Sacred Deer and Dogtooth are both much more horror-ish (and better) than Poor Things

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

dorium posted:

using a Fever Ray track on that Omen trailer really got me tbh. The imagery and Fever Ray are a powerful duo.

Read this as Sugar Ray and now I'm bummed it's not

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm gonna watch The Crow (2024) and I'm gonna have fun. Would be rad if Alamo does a screening or two of the original around release so I can see it on the big screen.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

XIII posted:

I'm gonna watch The Crow (2024) and I'm gonna have fun. Would be rad if Alamo does a screening or two of the original around release so I can see it on the big screen.

Uodate: they are!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Medullah posted:

Whoops yeah I knew that. Some scary shorts do not need to be made into full movies. See also The Cellar Skinamarink

Ftfy

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Oh I have no hate

Ive got enough for both of us

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Paying the $8 or whatever to remove ads from YT is absolutely worth it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

Not a movie, but if you can ever see Evil Dead: The Musical it literally ends with blood spraying EVERYWHERE, including the audience. They were using squirt guns, people had those bulb pumps going as limbs were torn off, it was awesome. They even sell white T-shirts with the musical logo on it so you can leave with a nice blood-spattered souvenir.

Seconding this. Was a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Alamo is playing Alien and I think I gotta go