Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I chuckled.

As for the leaked episodes, quite enjoyed them. It feels almost weird to get progression after what, four or five years. Wow Adam is a dick. And he's the original Adam? Yeah he ain't going to like Charlie due to who her mother and father is. Quite curious why Angels have horn like costumes. Originally I thought it was a bit of a mocking thing towards demons during the cull but they're wearing them in Heaven. None of the angels had been killed until now? Didn't expect that. The voices were all pretty great overall, Angel Dust sounds like the original VA for example. The others do a drat good job as well. Nifty is amusing. The only voice I actually hated was Katie Killjoy, it's bad, it's real bad. I actually thought they had given the wrong character the speaking line at first and it was meant to be her co host talking. The original VA was infinitely better.

So, Lilith has been missing for seven years. Alaster vanished seven years ago. Surely no connection there! Seems fans were a bit surprised by Valentino's characterization here. Overall I expect a fair amount of fandom backlash over certain scenarios, ships and the like some have worked up in their own minds in the several years since the pilot. Vox was cool.

I look forward to seeing how the show develops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
What a performance, the show if off to a great start!

Husk was an overlord! Kinda teased in the original pilot with him being shown in shadow behind Alastor along with the other overlords. His gambling likely took him down and left him in his sorry state. Didn't expect Keith David to sing, he did a good job.

Exactly what killed the angel? A new weapon Carmine made? No one had killed an exterminator until then so it has to be something new right. There are a lot of angel weapons around since they apparently can't be half assed to retrieve them during the purge, it's why Veggie has an angel spear, it's merely one of the weapons some angel didn't give two shits about getting back. I do like the she was an angel theory. We do know they can fall.

Next expisodes on the 25th

For those that miss the OG cast, they made a good bye song that came out on the same day the show did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCTbmFrB4nA

It's on the OG Alastors channel.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so is it 8 total? are two hitting at once or at they dropping the rest?

Yeah, only eight. Two the next on the 25th with the last two on Feb. 1st

Cugel the Clever posted:

Her description of her father suggests he's a creampuff himself. And, honestly, so does a reading of the biblical myths which doesn't take the entity asserting itself as the universe's just and benevolent "God" at face value: Lucifer's no perverted, evil psychopath, just someone who offered humanity the ability to perceive good from evil. This upsets Yahweh because, woops! his draconian subjugation of humanity to his petty whims is obviously pretty drat evil. But Yahweh still had power and cast Lucifer into the pit and shoveled generations upon generations of the worst humanity has to offer onto him.

Only need to look at Adam and Co. to see that, in the show's narrative, the forces of Heaven are fundamentally no different from (and certainly no better than) the demons; they just have power. I'd wager Charlie's going to realize before the show is over that the much vaunted goodness of heaven was a self-serving lie all along.

Lucifer's view point is pretty much, let whatever poo poo happens, happen. He doesn't really give a drat one way or another, unless his family is involved, otherwise the exterminations and the like really doesn't bother him. He's not a bad guy, but between all his ideas being ignored in Heaven(sound familar to someone?) and getting thrown into hell, he's more or less lost any passion he had. Seeing the worse of humanity for all time didn't help.

Lilith is the one who really made hell into what it is. She thrived while her husband merely existed.

Adder Moray posted:

That's the entire reason that Lucifer was jealous of humanity in the first place. Because they were actually free to do as they pleased, save for one thing, while angels were not.

The Lucifer in this has a different origin, that needs to be kept in mind.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 21, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I watched the Hazbin Hotel pilot last night and, uh, was there a different one ever released? Like a lot shorter, with terrible geometric character designs and a lot more swearing and no musical numbers?

Having grown up in a really lovely home, I was never able to see the garden of eden story as anything other than an abusive parent hurting his children for daring to defy him in the smallest way.

No, there was only ever one Hazbin Hotel pilot. It was made over four years ago, not getting confused between Helluva Boss pilot are you? That has more swearing and no musical numbers until the end credits.

Adder Moray posted:

But the post I was quoting wasn't about the show's origin

Oh well, neer mind then!

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's also very likely that Charlie has been separated from the worst of hell simply because nobody wants to hurt the King's daughter no matter how little they respect her. Threaten Charlie the wrong way and Lucifer is going to give you a bad time if he hears about it, now that she's actually making an independent effort she's opening herself up to dangers she'd never encountered before.

So her world view is likely very sheltered just from who her parents are in the grand scheme of things.

Pretty much so.

Both Lucifer and Lilith are the top two most powerful demons in hell, who wants to screw with them? Some might fear them due to the connection with God alone. Kicker is Charlier is the third most powerful demon but she's so nice she never shows it, so she isn't given the respect by everyone. Yeah, she could thrash Alastor, probably easily. He isn't as strong as the sins or Stolas for example. Charlie is, and more.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Megillah Gorilla posted:

No, it wasn't the Helluva Boss pilot. I went from watching that to the rest of the series, mostly in the one night.

drat, I'm confused now*. All the times I said I bounced off the Hazbin pilot, I was thinking of something else entirely and have no idea what it was.

* and more than a little embarrassed at myself

There's a ton of indie shows out there online so it could have been any one of them.

Three other good shows:

Murder Drones
The Amazing Digital Circus
Lackadaisy

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

I hope both Hazbin and Helluva continue for a long time, there’s a lot of mileage you can get out of the setting and characters

Speaking of, the latter is supposed to come back in April right?

Also do we have any concrete proof of the former getting a second season/when said season is supposed to start or is that just a rumor (it makes sense at least)?

Helluva Boss is pretty much confirmed to be four seasons.

Hazbin Hotel is said to have a longer life span.

Hazbin Hotel season 2 was announced the same day as 1 was, it's already in production.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Also I will be shocked if we don’t get a backstory episode on Charlie and/or Vaggie at some point

Good news, we are going to learn about all the characters that were human.

As in, we'll actually see them when they were human.

Or so Viv said.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Charlie isn't human though (or at least is technically half human on her mother's side depending on how you want to interpret Lilith). I think Alastor is the only one of the bunch that was confirmed to have been one once unless I'm not aware of/forgetting something (there are plenty of cases where some demons were literally born in Hell)

But in any case, good to hear we're getting some backstory eventually

Characters in Hazbin Hotel that were human:
Alastor, Niffty, Husk, Vaggie, Cherri Bomb, Sir Pentious and Angel Dust

Charlie was born in hell.

Some of their backgrounds have popped up in little comics made available on the Hazbin Hotel site.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cugel the Clever posted:

Ooh, that'd be neat. I'd love for the show to explore whether the sins that damned them to eternal hellfire were actually monstrous or just the mundane, pathetic mistakes of your average flawed, stressed human beings, leading Charlie to a "Wait... Heaven, bad??" epiphany.

Not sure they'd go that route, though, as it doesn't jive perfectly with HB's worldbuilding and might not be zany enough for the show's tone.

Out of them all, the one we know to have deserved the hell ticket was Alastor

He was a serial killer. He died when hiding the body of one of his victims in the woods, a hunter mistook him for a deer and put a bullet in his forehead. When he does his whole demon thing, you can see a red x, that's where he was shot. His origin has changed over the years some. This is due to him being a character Viv came up with way back in High School before the Hazbin Hotel was even a concept.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, apparently Cherri Bomb will be coming back at some point as well (she has a new VA like the rest but so far has only appeared in the Addict music video since the pilot)

While we’re on the subject, the main cast of HB were all 100% hellborn right?

Yes, Helluva Boss are mostly natural born demons. The only humans are their clients and victims.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Ah right, though judging by a scene in the trailer it seems like Charlie’s eventually gonna start a war of some kind (or at least a small scale rebellion) anyway

Going by the trailer she's totally setting up a Hell vs Exterminators fight at the end.

Speaking of which, exactly what is Adam and Lutes plan. Is it approved by the higher ups? Are they trying to get something in hell?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Sin of Pride: Lucifer Morningstar
Sin of Gluttony: Beelzebub
Sin of Greed: Mammon
Sin of Lust: Asmodeus
Sin of Wrath: Satan
Sin of Envy: Leviathan
Sin of Sloth: Belphegor

Mammon and Asmodeus are on the weaker sin power list. How the others ranks isn't known aside from Lucifer being the most powerful in all of hell. I expect Satan to be up there in the top 5.

Imps view Satan as if he was a deity, it's why he gets name dropped so much by them.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lord_Magmar posted:

Given they've implied Satan is the standard big, red, muscle demon with Horns. It might be that much like Beezlebub is the Queen of Hellhounds alongside Gluttony, Satan might be the "leader" Imp. In that the way he looks is basically just a really big Imp.

That or they're made in his image. Only more impish.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If Satan shows up smaller than the normal imps and weak as hell it wouldn't surprise me.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lord_Magmar posted:

Belphegor is going to be genderswapped like Beelzebub was, and no we haven't seen any demons definitely associated with her ring. Glitz and Glam are probably Sirens from Envy (but not definitely).

Here I thought Glitz and Glam were demon Klown fish or something.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Macaluso posted:

I want Bee to show up again, but I also want her to show up again WITH KESHA VOICING HER. And that's probably not going to happen which is a bummer because she was a natural. She did a great job as Bee

Wouldn't she be more likely to show up again now that she got her legal issues taken care of? It's why we got that Helluva Boss episode finally released. So she should be able to do it no?

Funky Valentine posted:

Envy is run by Leviathan and so probably all the fishy demons are his people.

Makes sense to me.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Husk looking like a Dr Seus character constantly throws me.

Husk was designed by Vivs younger sister who then gave her the character some years ago.

He's undergone two revisions since then.

So if his design seemed different that's why.

If Charlie goes full demon mode I could see her losing control and tearing poo poo up until Vaggie gets through to her.

Fun tidbit, Vaggie was originally suppose to be Angel's girlfriend.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, my guess is we have at least 3 or more years of helluva boss at least. about the same for hazbin probably.

Season four is the last for Helluva Boss. It's been planned out some time ago, Hazbin Hotel is suppose to go on longer according to Viv.

Hazbin Hotel pilot is mostly considered cannon, some of it might not be. Seems to be a pick and choose thing depending on if they want to retell it for amazon.

Helluva Boss pilot is not considered cannon, which I guess is good for Loona.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 24, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

I forget, what was different about Loona in the original pilot?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

She said she has syphilis.

She still could of course.

That's it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Speaking of HB there was also that thing about some human agents gaining proof about the gang’s existence that felt like it was leading to something (though I’m not sure what they could really do against a group of trained killers and a high ranking demon)

I expect we'll see people on earth being told demons exist. This will cause our favorite little IMPS to get in massive trouble, along with Stolas. Possibly facing a sentence of death, until said proof is discredited.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Sounds like a good series finale arc honestly

Maybe it'll be the basis for season four with things getting a lot worse before it gets better.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Macaluso posted:

I'm really interested in seeing what eventually happens in the show to make Alastor drop his smile. I imagine that's a several-seasons-in event, but it's such a huge thing about his character that he always smiles even when he's annoyed (particularly hilarious when he's dealing with the egg bois) that eventually there's going to have to be something that happens to cause that

The always smiling aspect is part of his character. He believes a person not showing a smile no matter what is a sign of weakness.

The only time I can imagine him not having one is if he's getting hurt.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If he is behind all of it, sure!

Episodes Five and Six are up.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 26, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
poo poo happens.

Episode 5:
Lucifer is truly the awkward parent unsure how to connect with his daughter. He and Lilith split? Explains why he seems so alone, she was probably the only thing helping him after being crushed by Heaven. That still weighs on him and seeing all the evil has clearly wrecked him. You gotta love his duck fondness. Alastor's eye twitching as he showed up at the Hotel clearly tells a tale, he hated him. Then we learn thanks to Husk later Alastor is on a leash? Speculation: Oh yeah, he and Lilith definitely fought and Alastor lost. Is she using him for something? Were they trapped somewhere? We have questions! We got a good reminder Alastor really isn't nice, he was a serial killer. And we end with Lucifer coming through enabling Charlie with Vags to go to Heaven!

Episode 6:
Heaven didn't suck? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Did anyone else expect a more rigid society with stern laws and rules? I was. Okay, it kinda did suck. We saw it was arbitrary at best who gets in or not. None of the angels knew what really got someone in or not. We see Adam and Lute (without the helmet no less) there so there goes the theory they live elsewhere or are different from other angels. What we did get confirmed was the Vaggie theory! She's an Angel! Formerly. Still is? Whatever. She was an exterminator until she couldn't kill a demon kid for which she lost the eye, had her throat cut? I thought she did, might have to rewatch that. Okay on a rewatch it was her wings? The animation on that is kinda wonky perspective wise. Thanks to Charlie she survived. Adam and Lute are stick dicks, Sera knew what was going on in Hell and was keeping it quiet. Not everyone knew it though, as the other big angel who is actually a small little angel named Emelie had no idea and isn't happy. She's clearly going to help, and likely fall due to it. We got to see the rest of the gang bonding on a night out! Angel considers the other his friends and he cares! They actually value one another. One month until extermination.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 26, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

I like that Lucifer isn’t evil (in fact he’s actually a pretty good dad in most respects), just a bit understandably depressed/jaded. We’ll be seeing more of him going forward so I look forward to that.

Now I kind of wonder what Satan’s like since they’re apparently two separate beings in this universe (I imagine him being a bit more hardcore at least what with being the Sin of Wrath and all)

Not a spoiler but responding to the above so will put it in tags anyways.

Depends on what you believe there can be Satan, the devil, Lucifer and the beast. Some say they are all the same. Some say two or three of them are. Or are each of them their own thing? Or maybe it's merely what people thought are the same being, let's face it, lots of people that claim to read the bible sure as hell don't even know. And the whole physical description of the devil/satan was taken from a Pagan god. You know, the whole hooves and horns thing, yeah Christianity got that from the Pagans. They wanted to crush that system of belief so moved Jesus birthday to December 25th which shocker of shockers, was the Pagans grand holiday. Talk about dick moves by making your own devil the literal description of someon elses God, also steal that day of celebration. No one actually knows Christ true birthday, it could have been any time between summer up untl some time in December. There's been debate about it. And that's if you actually believe it happened at all.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Adder Moray posted:

I am pretty sure she's not the one that's going to fall here.

Despite what the speed of this season may suggest we got many more seasons to go so I can't see things getting resolved so quick in a good way. Got to be a struggle to drive the storyline. For those wondering, the VA's are back in studio recording season two right now.

Macaluso posted:

Also two visual things I really enjoyed.

Lucifer pulling out a golden fiddle and playing it with a scowl on his face, and Charlie having each egg boi on her phone as separate contacts

Those were great!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

That gave me a good laugh!

Here you think they'd praise the whole trying to redeem sinners.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
New theory and it might explain a thing or two.

We’ve jumped to the conclusion Alastor fought Lilith and it’s why they both vanished for seven years. Instead, I propose a different scenario.

Lilith was the one who first empowered Alastor in a deal. Freedom to have his murderous fun for some centuries. In return? He had to serve her when called, first she sent him out to kill various Overlords who had proven problematic or might be in the future. Ones that had done her or her family wrong, that and they might have spoken out against a certain little idea that got tossed around now and then.

War with Heaven.

Lilith was the one who became the big bad in charge of hell, would she ever forget Heaven tried to put her with Adam, I mean, come on that’s almost worth revenge in itself. It was bad enough Heaven had cast her and Lucifer down ruining what made him so amazing to her, she had made something of Hell, Yet, was that enough to push her? My thought is no. Then came the slaughters. She began to put things into motions behind the scene. Still, she held off, she was worried about losing what she had, including her family.

My bet is he at one point Adam with Lute attacked Lilith. She’s not Hellborne, technically she is the first sinner. That would mean she’s fair game, or even if not, we all seen how Adam is. You know he would try for her at some point. They fought and he ran, probably ended up with a screwed-up face, hence why he’s always wearing the demon mask and horns.

She was fully invested now; troops might not be a problem but how to kill an angel? No one had done it. Until Carmine did, the one with the weapons, the one that makes all the fun little guns and bombs and things that kill. She’s working for Lilith, had been for centuries, Carmine used whatever they came up with to kill the angel when it came for her and her daughters during the cleansing by random chance. They were sinners, they were fair game. It’s one reason Carmine might be so nervous and worried unwilling to tell even Zestiel the truth. It throws everything into jeopardy. Someone might find out, bad enough one of the vee’s suspected.

Final planning is why Alastor is back, he’s supposed to get some things ready, make a few deals, spy on the other overlords, you know all that fun stuff. Then he discovers by chance Liliths daughter is trying to do this noble and good thing. The fool. He can use this, use Charlie’s naivety, take down Lilith and get free of his leash. He’s had his fun, now he wants to run wild. Only he needs a way to deal with Lilith, what better way than through Charlie?

Some of the details might not be exactly right, but I believe it went something like that.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hot take.

I like Emily with Charlie more so than with Vaggie

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Eh, your bestie and your girlfriend can be different people.

My speculation: By the end of the season Adam will have been booted (whether he "falls" or just gets fired) and Emily will be given his job as ambassador to Hell.

True enough and I can see that happening.

Diabetic posted:

I think the really hosed up thing everyone glossed over about Heaven: No one knew how to get into Heaven, they only have Adam's take on it, and he's the least reliable source because he only got in because he was the first. Adam wasn't some holy man, he was just the first man. Asking angels what it takes to get into Heaven and they hesitate is really, really hosed up. Charlie herself should have every right to try to get in because she's born in Hell, it's not like she fell, she was born there.

They trusted the system, if you are good you go to Heaven. If you are evil you go to Hell. They took that as fact and the reality of all things. They don't appear to have asked exactly who makes the decision, what are the basis to be good or not? It's like having a computer and having no idea how it works at all. You know it works so that's good enough. It does the thing it's suppose to do, why bother about the details? One thing I'm left questioning is, where is God? Has he even been mentioned. Heaven has, angels have, yet no one has said God. Does that strike anyone as odd?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/HazbinHotel/status/1750941754746913009

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The only thing we know is that Zestial is the oldest of all the overlords.

He's practically anicent.

His manner of speech might suggest a time of catles, knights, etc.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

i wonder whether Angel Dust's sister is gonna be A Character, she's supposed to be up in heaven right?

She shows up a few times during the Welcome to Heaven song, she's the pink fluffy character.

https://hazbinhotel.fandom.com/wiki/Molly

One funny tidbit during Lucifer's visit is he whips out a golden accordian, likely a reference to Viv at one point saying Weird Al was her dream VA for Lucifer.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I still maintain Alastor is only doing what he is doing to use Charlie against Lilith to get free from his leash.

He told his friend to leave, if he was there purely for entertainment he might be willing to let her stay. This might be a slight indication that the hotel if not those in it have another purpose for him. ie: Using Charlie.

Alastor comes off charming, only that charming personility can quickly fade if you tick him off. We saw that with Husk when Alastor went all meancing and threatening. Again, he was a serial killer. He's not a nice person.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If you been wondering how the show is doing:
https://twitter.com/TheCartoonBase/status/1752059586457043167

Seems like a winner.

Have noticed actually discussion on it in places has been rather subdued compared to what was expected.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just the main different is attitude; Alastor's the pinnacle of Overlords and has to constantly establish his power and dominance to get a mote of respect, and also because he enjoys it, while for Stolas, being a demon wizard (or maybe more Cleric) is basically his fairly undemanding job, and he's middle-tier nobility otherwise, who's spent his life being told what to do and what role he plays in Hell, as well as having little reason to ever know how to fight or use his magic in a serious fight. ...that said, if they ever met, I get the feeling Alastor would politely make excuses to leave mostly because Stolas would have a decent chance of being down bad for him.

The other Overlords have made businesses if not provide a service or goods to the people of hell expanding their influence. Alastor doesn't other than standard deals and now his radio show again. The more souls you own the more powerful you are, we know that Vox actually beat him in a fight once. Alastors been gone for seven years, has he gained any new souls since then? Depending on the answer he could be vastly more powerful now than he was or stayed the same while the others like Vox only increased as time went on. Other than not being dead he's got to prove himself once again. The others have at least been around to keep up their profile. There is still the question of where Alastor has been, Earth?

Lucifer - The King of Hell
Charlie - The Princess of Hell, heir apparent to Hell's throne (Lilith is usually grouped here with Charlie, I suspect her power likely rivals Lucifer)
The Seven Deadly Sins
The Demons of Ars Goetia, which includes Stolas
Overlords - Demons who wield considerable power
Sinners - Demons who were once humans on Earth
Hellborns, such as Succubi and Incubi, among other unknown demon species of Hell
Lowest class Hellborns, such as Imps and Hellhounds - The bottom of Hell's society

Here's a chart!

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think Husk is actually more likely to end up taking Alastor's place as the Hotel patron. He's already an overlord (sort of), if he got his soul back from Alastor as part of said heel turn I could see him chosing to stay with the Hotel and take over Alastor's "duties".

Husk is back to step one, hell he might be negative step one considering he has to serve Alastor. All the power of being an Overlord is pretty much gone. It's hard to say exactly how capable he still is, he can certainly fight but he's likely gambled most everything to Alastor long ago.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Warden posted:

We don't actually. We know by Valentino's words that Alastor almost beat Vox once, which is not the same thing Vox beating Alastor. A fight can end in many ways. Others can intervene, one party can retreat before getting beaten, or it can end in draw.

A fair point.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Njashi9 posted:

I think it's worth keeping in mind that we ain't operating in DBZ power level territory where being more powerful makes you unbeatable by anyone below you. Last time we saw Stolas he was almost killed by a simple hellborne and it wasn't really treated like something especially noteworthy.

It wouldn't suprise me if there have been Overlords that have challenged members of the Ars Goetia, but the fact that sinners are limited to pride ring probably prevents those types of conflicts.

It's not DBZ, but this is the stated hierarchy of those in Hell. I'm sure those smart and wily, cunning and clever can get the better of someone stronger but it's probably a trickier matter without some trump card. Stolas himself can turn people into stone with a look. There are simply some just way too powerful to defeat for someone beneath them.

It's why sinners are terrified of Overlords despite those people being one step higher.

Yet those Overlords were sinners, the fact they were able to rise up and tackle others shows one can move up, it depends on how you go about it. In this case, gaining ownership over souls. More souls equals more power. How it exactly works we still don't know, time may tell.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 30, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Had wondered about the wing scars on her back myself but was able to write it off as Charlie being rather naive and taking things at face value. Vaggie could have told her anything and Charlie would have believed it. Demon fight, the angels tortured her, the whole eye thing helps to sell the lie easily. The question I'm really wondering is can demons kill her? She is still an angel and they can't be killed by demons via ordinary means.

Betting when the attack happens or is a few minutes into it Emily will get it stopped. How? She'll rally Heaven to stop it. They didn't know. Do you think people in Heaven would want other human souls to be wiped out? I'm going to wager that's a no. Sure it's suppose to be the worse of the worse, except there is still a lot of probably not the worse of the worse down there, including family of those in Heaven. I can't imagine they'd be happy knowing those that didn't make it are being hunted and slaughtered every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Another question.

Is Emily actually Lucifers replacement?

Might explain why she's so young yet so very important.