Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
In the latest example of NFL players are built so goddamn different

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/07/22/seahawks-dk-metcalf-eats-just-one-meal-a-day-in-bizarre-candy-centric-diet

quote:

“Talk about how important nutrition is. Nutrition’s huge,” Garnett said.

“I’m probably the worst person to ask that,” Metcalf shot back. “I’m a candy type person. I eat one meal a day, drink one coffee and eat like three full bags of candy.”

Garnett was completely baffled.

“Man, define bags of candy, man. Jelly beans?”

“Nah, see I’m a gummy type of guy. So you get lifesavers—…”

“Come on man. Stop, man. Come on. Hold on, hold on, man,” Garnett said as he cut Metcalf off. Garnett needed Metcalf to take him through the structure of his whole meal plan for the day.

“I’m gonna just take you through yesterday,” Metcalf said. “So yesterday I woke up, worked out. Worked out again. Came home, showered. I’m hungry. Run to Starbucks, get a quick coffee. That’s going to hold me ‘till 4, 5 o’clock. This 12. This gonna hold me for like four hours. Around 4:30, I order some candy and a water. Got the Skittles gummies. Then I got the Lifesaver Creations. They the same size bag so I just mix them…get the gummy, get the candy, get the water, eat that. That’s gonna hold me ‘till like 8 o’clock. I’m having dinner at 8/9. And then I eat dinner, go to sleep. … I’m a candy eater.”

Garnett was baffled and most average people are likely blown away as well. Don’t check Metcalf’s blood sugar, but be sure to check his stats.

In 66 career games across four seasons, Metcalf has caught 306 passes for 4,218 yards and 35 touchdowns, becoming a clear No. 1 option at wideout in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I blame the media blamers

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah, I dropped dead a year ago to playing even at even a rotational level is a helluva comeback story. Breece Hall or Kyler are going to save some babies or something to have a shot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Why the heck was Miami trying to trade for Saquan

because he's good and cool and may want off the committee train for the right price.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

To think 6 months ago he was 90% retired. The pettiest bitch in football

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Makes me think of Patton Oswald describing the kfc bowl as a failure pile topped with sadness

Guess that's an athletic success bowl

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Just needs to get on the sugar rice diet

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I hope someone hires Hue Jackson again and he just keeps...existing wherever losing all of the games but playing politics so well no one thinks to fire him.

His best season in Cleveland by far was his last, 2-5-1 before you fire the guy? 2 and a half more wins than his first 2 years. He was on the upswing man.

He's the HC at Grambling last I saw

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Needs to get with Aarons shaman for his next trip.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Is there a team that is willing to give up a high pick for him plus pay him?

He had just short of 1k carries in 3 years of college. Add that in with his NFL carries and he's got Derrick Henry's pro career number of carries. There's no way in hell.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Colts contemplating never signing anyone who has options ever again.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1685810254599032832?s=20

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Timing feels a lot like excuse to gently caress him over.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shindragon posted:

eww what the gently caress

Man loves some food crime

https://youtu.be/NB4GFa7ZOAg

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Today I learned the Bears are trying to build a stadium out in bumfuck nowhere despite having one of the best stadium situations a team could possibly have: A stadium right in the middle of downtown.

Downtown stadiums rule. Everyone can get to them just like driving to work, there is poo poo to do outside of the stadium, public transit goes right there.

I assume this is a racism-based move? The owner hire someone to break into some cars during a game to gin up some hysterical news coverage?

Smallest stadium also lost it's historical status because the last renovation got hosed up. Can't blame anyone for giving up on it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

People can sound weird when they laugh

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Coping with Jim Irsay trying ayahuasca

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

kiimo posted:

I can't believe they made me click BROBIBLE

Most reliable source on the internet

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

For anyone who didn't watch the degeneracy

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1687289969646170112?s=20

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

indigi posted:

Do refs have their own training camp or is their training camp working at teams' training camps

Team training camp is ref camp

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Can't blame him for being a hard rear end. This is his one chance to get out of Reid and Mahomes shadows and it's with a team set to take a year off because they're all fired anyway.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Has anyone actually made sexual assault allegations against Bieniemy? Far as I've ever read the worst he's got is a DUI from 20ish years ago.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

He was denied time served. 3 years minimum. He'll be what 27 28yo former first round pick. Not terrible odds someone throws a vet minimum deal at him to see if he's still fast.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

kiimo posted:

It just seems so...easy to check up on

Like, the oil money thing was in all his draft writeups as potentially a bad thing that he may be an entitled prick. How can nobody have done any even moderate research on that

Everybody did less research than the study Jimmy Haslem commissioned

And promptly ignored

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

I see this movie is about child trafficking, is this some kind of weirdo QAnon dog whistle? I have never fully understood the connection between child trafficking and weirdo QAnon poo poo.

It's qanon weirdness and promotion for a weird cultish anti child trafficking org that are noted for being wildly ineffective but very good at promoting themselves as the real saviors of children. They really love to livestream their sting "operations". So yeah it's about as Qanon as poo poo gets.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

n: cj stroud is a bust

v: texans likely to have #1 pick so they can guess again next year

The cardinals own the texans pick lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Watson coming back around after he saw the camera was still on Jacoby lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Just in case you thought this wasn’t going to be ugly.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1691552250068369810?s=20

"Yeah, he's in a conservatorship, and we tried to give him money, but he wouldn't take it!" Is a really incredible defense

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow. Way more support for the blindside family on social media than I expected. It’s still shocking to me goddamn

Is it really that surprising? Most people's conception of him is a kid who didn't know what a bed was. Between that and old fashioned racism every boomer and otherwise will believe them.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

I've seen so many discussions over the years about how a bad QB really just needed to sit for a year and they were being RUINED by their team throwing them in the fire before they were ready. Now I'm being told that all that is bullshit and the only way to advance as a player is to wrack up xp on the field.

It's almost like you need to put the practice time to practical use to be good.

I almost don't blame the Colts for throwing Richardson out there.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 16, 2023

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Oher was actually in a conservatorship, that seems like something there should be a legal record of?

The family confirms that he is which is my driving suspicion that there's fuckery outside the movie money.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The Browns could always restructure Watson into the NFL's Bobby Bonilla lol

https://overthecap.com/player/deshaun-watson/5596

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How has Carter looked in preseason / camp?

Beating up 2 multi time all pros up at joint practice.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

kiimo posted:

Kurt Warner is one of the best stories in the history of the NFL prove me wrong

Damar Hamlin died and rose again on the field. He is football Jesus. Jesus has the greatest story ever told.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I can't remember if they ever released the toxicology report on Haskins, but that's pretty crazy if its true.

They did and I remember because it seemed really bizarre that he had loving ketamine in his system with a .2 blood alcohol and still capable of starting a car.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Stephan A Smith known for his hard hitting NFL knowledge like "Dwayne Haskins is more of a runner" breaking NFL news.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

They're very confident that JT is going to be wildly disappointed in money that's going to be offered

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

That's certainly an all in ask

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1693749659569701148?s=20

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Has anyone checked on Kawalimus?

Rogue Elephant posted:

so at risk of feeling like a fool.. who is that? is that the new washington owner? they replaced him with a dude who's even smaller?

Yep that's the new oligarch. Can't expect him to know the norms of interacting with mere sports people

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Still makes me laugh that after years of skipping camp and blaming rookies for a lack of chemistry, Rodgers finally shows up after leaving Green Bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

It's the preseason, the regular season is right around the corner--YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!

incoming Cowboys suspension!!!

Edit: should be a short one, if any, but the point stands that this is about the time this poo poo happens in Dallas

Didn't he have a DV arrest in college to?