Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Benne posted:

WYTS hits the Cardinals today and we got some total gems this year https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2023-arizona-cardinals

:goddamn: lol. Depressing but true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

When I first read the Xeet or whatever, I read "excitement" as "excrement". Still appropriate.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I’m honestly sad to see Colt cut, if only because he seemed like a good locker room presence. But new OC, trying to tank, etc., will get you that…

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

JPrime posted:

which one

With how bad they are/look, probably the Bye week.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

the mistake was ever having hope

hifi posted:

This is going to be a long rear end year for the cardinals

Yep.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Gonz posted:

I haven’t seen a defense like that since the 2008 Lions.

Cardinals might go 0-17.

That might get them the #1 pick. The Bears are running in contention for it too.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I just want to know what supermodel Brock is going to marry once he hits sustained success!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

He's engaged to a woman he met in college. She played college volleyball. That's about as far as I felt like going.

Well he's never going to reach Tom Brady levels of success with that attitude!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

algebra testes posted:

Worst Tank Ever.

They've already won one game, there's no catching up to the 2023 Bears for the #1 pick.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

also i have a troll-ish homer take about aiyuk that is getting progressively less ironic the more of these games he's stringing together and it's probably not going to be much longer until i feel bold enough to uncork it

Aiyuk is basically the only decent football player that’s come out of ASU in the last forever, and I will not have anyone mocking him!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Oh, ok, sorry!

I remember when analysts thought that N’keal Harry was the future NFL star and Aiyuk was thought to be barely a starter, since both played together at ASU for a year. Lol. Lmao.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Deer are way overpopulated because of a lack of predators like wolves and cougars.

Results in deer wrecking up whatever they live near. Particularly agriculture and cars. Probably doesn't help with the spread of that prion disease either.

They're also probably the biggest reservoir for ticks, so gently caress them.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I wish I still had the picture I took of a deer our friend harvested back in the day that was RIDDLED with ticks. I mean, they were everywhere; like clumps of them - I've never seen anything like it. It was about 65 degrees F in late November, so that didn't help. :shudder:

Ugh that'd give me nightmares for life. When we adopted our dog from a rescue, she wasn't house or crate trained, so we were dropping her off at the person who had fostered her. One Saturday morning I noticed a little black spec on her snout, which turned out to be a tick. We then realized that there were dozens of them, the nymphs and juveniles, crawling all over her and off of her. Found them on the sofa, chairs, the table, up some walls.

It turned out that the foster parent was one of the "nothing on or in dogs except what's natural" types, who had family in a forested/wooded area of Prescott, and so her dogs were regularly getting infested and bringing them home. She even admitted that her back yard had been treated multiple times because of tick infestations (in the Phoenix area, mind you).

Yeah, we got her on frontline for several months, treated our place, etc., but even now that freaks me the hell out.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

hifi posted:

whenever the cards stink i remember how much fun i had watching kevin kolb just sling it around and go 8-8. we need to go back.

Maybe Bruce Arians would like to come back

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Zach Ertz asked to be released and the Cardinals granted it; it'll be interesting to see where he ends up. 49ers need a TE?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39013892/cardinals-waive-zach-ertz-asked-let-go

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Holy gently caress, Michael Bidwill is the worst.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Shindragon posted:

I will admit that one was a very very satisfying win. Deebo was just a monster. Purdy looking puuuurdy good. 4 TDs. Just.

drat.

As a Bears/Cardinals fan who is cheering on the 49ers this year (in part because my best friend is life long 49ers fan), yeah, after seeing the Eagles eek out wins week-after-week recently against mediocre opponents, only for their fans to talk so. much. poo poo, yeah, this game was awesome.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Deebo does the talking, Aiyuk does the walking

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Of course we can; if the Packers don't make the playoffs, how can we laugh at them for being knocked out of the first round in hilarious fashion?

Don't tempt Xort...

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Grats Hawks fans and also, re: the Eagles, lol, lmao

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm so happy for Lock, man. That ruled :unsmith:

Yeah, I just saw the interview, and how do you not feel anything but happiness for the guy?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

hifi posted:

giving him limited credit for the offense looking ok and limited blame for the defense being bad with no talent. jury's out imo.

Yeah, I mean, they’re not a very talented team, but they’ve generally been at least somewhat competitive and also generally haven’t given up, which to me speaks a lot to the coaching stuff. So even with all of Gannon’s cringe stuff initially, they seem to play hard for him and that can ultimately be huge once they do get more talent.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

If Fields didn't play like Fields today, GB loses and Seattle is in. The Bears D did what they needed to do. Fields just can't stop loving up.

Yeah, between Fields and Getsy, the Bears offense is just pretty bad. We're three seasons into the Fields Experiment, and he'd made some progress in recent games it seems, but then only 9 points, all FGs, against a lovely Packers defense? Yeah, time to move on.

Cardinals at least are looking promising.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

You sure about that? The defense is real bad and the offense looks pretty in flux.

Yeah, there were moments here and there where they showed potential, and going into the season I thought Gannon was a complete dweeb and joke, but leaving the season, I think he might end up actually being a good coach if they can get the pieces they need?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Solution: score touchdowns and never kick fgs through strong execution of slow, methodical drives built around a strong run game.

Still gotta make the PAT! :ohdear:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Arthur Smith became available and Jody Allen can’t help herself in liking a man with a stache.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

But now I'm scared that the Packers are going to do this to the 49ers. They're the quintessential "Getting hot at the exactly right time" team right now.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Lifespan posted:

Waiting to see some Pete Carroll apple butter at my local farm stand

I loving love apple butter.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Lifespan posted:

Two things this thread agrees on, the run and apple butter.

:yes:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I mean, how can someone not like apple butter? I’m struggling to think of a food you can’t put it on where it doesn’t make it better.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

JPrime posted:

i wonder if anyone out there has a cards josh rosen jersey

I do. Picked it up on clearance. Still in it’s packaging.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Benne posted:

I hope they lose and cry and poop their pants on the field and then everybody points and laughs at their shame

Well at least they'll have stayed true with the runs

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Either Florida or Arizona, I can't tell which.

At this point Florida is a lot worse than Arizona. The Californians moving in to AZ is reducing the Chudflow.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah it really sticks out like a sore thumb compared to guys like Aiyuk, Jennings, and CMC who are all eager to lay down a block. It's unfortunate because Deebo could absolutely squash a typical corner if he put any effort into it.

Aiyuk used to block really well for N'Keal Harry during their ASU days, so it makes complete sense that Aiyuk turned out to be the better player (and teammate), lol

I will always happily cheer on success for whatever team Aiyuk is on, because he's one of my all-time favorite ASU players

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Chip was definitely on the hotseat for awhile, to the point that I think ESPN was publishing articles about the likelihood that he was getting canned. Then the USC thumping basically saved him for at least next year (his final year?).

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

OGS-Remix posted:

If KC winning leads to a Trump presidency again, every KC fan needs to stop supporting their team lol.

FYI: Every KC fan is a Trump supporter, so this is like giving them a Win-Win, lol

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

OGS-Remix posted:

Oh yeah, I need to remove the again. I'll take no Trump presidency over a Super Bowl win. Big picture I guess. :smith:

The country is rapidly falling to poo poo and civil war regardless; people might as well enjoy the moments that bring them a little happiness, like Cubs 2016.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Chiefs would have played their last drive differently if they’d needed a TD and could very well have just won it in regulation. Moody making that kick doesn’t turn it into a guaranteed win.

Honestly, with how easily the Chiefs were marching down the field, they'd probably have been more aggressive and gotten the TD, yeah. They obviously tried to an extent, but knowing they just needed a FG to tie for OT meant they also didn't want to take any risks at not getting the FG, as you obviously know.

I think the 49ers D was just too gassed at that point to really be effective and it was the Chiefs game to lose at that point.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

feller posted:

What? A touchdown in overtime 100% ends the game

Not in the playoffs now. Regardless of whether the first score is a TD or FG, the other team gets a chance to tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Shanahan explained it pretty well; his hope was that they could put up points (they did), hold the Chiefs to a matching score only (they did not), and then have the first chance at the sudden death decider.

Wilks :argh:

The 49ers need to jettison Wilks; I know he used to have a lot of high esteem, but I’m starting to see why the Cardinals jettisoned him after a year (although I’m sure in reality the Cardinals just wanted the flashy white offensive guy instead of the black HC that just had a really bad season).