Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Sephyr posted:

"At a moment's notice" may be pushing it. Those chapters all have protectorates and wars/defenses they are currently pursuing, and many cannot everything and book for Ultramar unless they are happy to let whole sectors get eaten by Tyranids, swamped with rowdy orks or socialized by the T'au.

Add in the vagaries of warp travel and it may be weeks, months or even years before significant reinforcemernts arrive. Unless the plot needs them to get there immediately, of course!

Space marines are ruled by honour, and the honour they hold most dear is their connection to their primarch if known. When the home world calls for aid, it isn't much of a choice.

Sorry about your sector mate, but we have bigger priorities. They would and do literally abandon their own worlds to defend the primarch's world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

S.J. posted:

Play a chapter that's constantly near total ruin and you never have to justify it

It's 40k! That is every chapter!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ashcans posted:

It’s the reverse of the Russian equipment scam, where instead of moving one tank around and photographing it to pretend you didn’t sell the rest of the squadron, you paint dozens of tanks with the same markings and just avoid having them appear together so 40 tanks are just one on paper.

Part of the reason Space Marines are mythologized as being such incredible warriors is that ‘Brother Septimus’ has a service record of dozens of campaigns, thousands of confirmed kills, and numerous incredible feats because it’s actually 108 separate Marines all consolidated for paperwork deception.

Alpharian Economics.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

AndyElusive posted:

Here's a fun thing to wonder about, how many Space Marines actually took part in the Seige of Terra on both sides?

That's easy, just one, Alpharius.

Or two if you count Omegon.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Potato Salad posted:

Wait really?

No sorry, it was just a joke about alpha legion being secret good guys. :v:

Fall Dog posted:

There's a similar interaction in the Eisenhorn series (I think) where everything almost goes wrong because of a single unexpected Chaos Marine.

And then they have stories about how the plucky average humans kill multiple chaos marines.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

World eaters aren't doing great but they're no leagues of votann

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Monoliths posted:

Good (?) news is it was kind of a sliding fall on a tray, and only about a dozen minis broke. The one true cost is a cool converted staff bit that has vanished, but for an army where everything has dainty aerials it wasn’t that bad. Also narrowly avoided taking out an unfinished Sylvaneth army on the way down, that part was actually a little miraculous honestly cuz I thought that poo poo was finished for sure looking at the mess.

Praise be to the Omnissiah.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Winklebottom posted:

Kaskirn for WH+

Whoever mentioned it earlier from the silhouettes was bang on. That is one hell of a dark eldar waiting to happen on the left.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

SuperKlaus posted:

Every Battle Sister model that makes you glue her shin to her calf is my enemy.

I hated assembling a ten box of sisters so much.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Was kinda hoping the scouts would be sleeveless as I've come to love the muscle marine look of bt neophytes and khorne berserks.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Thank you for reminding me of Calgar's old pet dinosaurs that he used as writing desks.

Big johnny five aces energy

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

anybody who has their tank-armour-wearing space soldiers leave their helmet at home is loving silly

you're wearing tactical dreadnought armour

except the helmet

put the goddam helmet on, the space elf sniper is going to shoot you in the face

anyone wearing a helmet clearly does not have enough faith in their emperor

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Can I just ask what in the absolute rat gently caress are gw thinking with the price of the new marine combat patrol? The terminator librarian is made of solid gold or something?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Eej posted:

Terminators - $65
Terminator Librarian - $38
Terminator Captain - $40 probably
Infernus Marines - $60?

Combat Patrol - $160

Seperate - $203

So I guess it's kinda a discount still

The mid tier starter set has everything but the librarian plus a whole bunch of nids for significantly less than the combat patrol. Even the high teir starter is not that much more than the combat patrol, has the lib, has the nids, plus some terrain.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

That's great. Initially I disliked how the mouth is all plasma, I felt it made the jaw hard to read, but maybe look up how people make dripping blood effects, and do that but with your plasma colour, like it's drooling plasma from just shooting?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I like the idea of a phobos chaplain

"Smite them brothers, drive the alien filth back and leave none alive!"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Thin your realities

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Cease to Hope posted:

making it impossible to refresh the evergreen value boxes was a bad idea imo

for example, the CSM box is miserable

Imagine being a thousands sons player lmao

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Man, you'd think auspex tactics of all people would support gw changing their website into a sterile power point presentation format.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Lostconfused posted:

The youtube video algorithm is incredibly dumb.

I've clicked on the two paint thinning videos in the OP, the one poorhammer video linked in the page previously, and now my whole feed is at least half warhammer poo poo. I think I've watched around 10 paint tutorial videos, less than half of them were useful, and I don't think I want to see another one again.

Go to your watch history and remove stuff you don't want more of. Their algorithm is so desperate these days. Hey you watched 30 seconds of this before clicking off, have more.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

It's interesting that the heresy assault marines have grounded poses, meanwhile 40k assault marines are kickflipping themselves off of the nearest convenient rubble.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

rantmo posted:

I mean, at least through the first two books of HH, only Little Horus is described as looking like Horus.

I'm pretty sure Loken describes in book 1 that it's considered good fortune to look like dad in the Luna wolves, and that happens more often in the LW than normal. Little horus aximand was the spitting image of horus rather than just resembling him like most do.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The problem with lord solar is he actually looks like a heroic no nonsense commander leading from the front with enough ostentation to stand out but not too much that they look like a toff in love with their own legend.

None of that is what I think of when I think imperial guard.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I wonder who they're going to cast as Henry Cavill.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Virtual Russian posted:

yeah, that is what I mean, digital sculpting is still very new, it isn't a GW problem. Most artists get carried away because you can do more detail, and that detail is much finer than what you can do with traditional methods.

A lot of artists making stuff for 3d printing do this, but I think it's because they're trying to make their preview images stand out, to make it look like they've put more effort in inscribing details than just called it a day at nicely rounded or flat armour.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

If you eat the brains of someone who loves the emperor, you can double up your worship time

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Bring your own charcuterie board.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The Demilich posted:

Alright I need an 8"x10" rectangular base that is 4mm thick.

Any idea where I should look for this unorthodox base?

Buy a cheap photo frame and yoink the backboard?

e: 8x10 is a common size and the backing is usually about that thick mdf like stuff, though if on the cheaper end it might not be, and you'll have to tear off the stand. If you're passing by a framer ask if they have any broken or ones that were discarded. We had heaps of frame backs especially in bigger sizes, they were discarded occasionally for custom jobs and we built up a huge supply.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 3, 2024

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Oh huh.

Terminator Captain no longer has a thunder hammer or relic shield option.

Well, gently caress.

Wait why the gently caress does the chaplain get a shield now?

Shield of faith, but literally.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Lostconfused posted:

:wrong:

My models look less cool when I'm through with them.

It was a bold choice to go with that super light absorbing black in a monotone scheme, representing fighting in the absence of light, but it paid off imo.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Let none forget the Fighting Tigers of Veda

https://fightingtigersofveda.com/2022/08/the-fighting-tigers-of-veda-overview/

e: they seem to have left behind the cringey power-armour tiddies and and WHFB horse tail topknots, but kept the radical tiger stripes I'm taking notes on for my future EC

absolute psychopath, pairing goblin green base rims with static grass.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Professor Shark posted:

Goose Gnome looks amazing. Want those animals.

Untitled Goose Gnome, a mix I never knew I wanted.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I love noticing his gloves first, thinking, drat, there's something very wrong. And then seeing his hands and it's like ah. At least they match.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Now I'm wondering if GW sculpts have a skeleton rig that can be moved around for posing, then any weirdness in the joints fixed manually. It would make a lot of sense for Marines in particular.

They absolutely would have this. It's a core 3d modelling skill, hobbyists have made poseable marines 3d printing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

bird food bathtub posted:

I still pull out my 2nd edition Dark Millennium cardboard cutout Ork dreadnaught for laughs every so often. It's an officially licensed product, that makes it legal!

What base size though? :colbert: