Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Not a fan of the 30k noise marines tbh. There's no variation on the theme imo, they need more bits and bobbles... more personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Having to glue faces to heads in Necromunda pisses me off.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I miss Dawn of War.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Abaddon, well known for fixing bread prices in the fourth quadrant and pushing Oxy all over terra.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

What are your top 5 color considerations?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I finally finished kitbashing 2x Iron Warriors lads made out of some Hellblasters. Heads are just bluetacked on for now, but everything else is glued. I hope the mk3/x hybrid armor doesn't look bad after it's all painted.

I'm also slowly making it through 5x Noise Marines (also out of Hellblaster bodies). 1x is 90% done, just deciding on a backpack. The other 4x bodies are have been shaved down, studded up, and I've finished most of the guns. I've still got to do armor details + cables going in and out of armor/guns on all of them.

I've got a delivery coming soon and I'm excited. The Legion specific upgrade sprues will complete a few custom kill teams I had in mind, specifically the Night Lords and Alpha Legion stuff.

New stuff:
Nightlords new & old heads and shoulders
Iron Warriors new heads and shoulders
Iron Hands heads
Alpha Legion new heads and shoulders

New Units:
Traitor Esoterist Consul
Exodus (Alpha Legion)
Grimnyr
Brôkhyr Iron-master
Ironhead Squat Prospectors Gang
Vartijan Exo-Driller x2
Delaque Gang

I'm looking forward to finishing these projects up.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Cato Sicarius I choose you!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Where the hell are my 40k chaos dwarves? Come on GW this stuff writes itself. The Leagues of Votann Hashut, with Hashut being a fully sentient (non daemon possessed) Ancestor Core way out in the Halo stars region that's seeking full empyric apotheosis without the help of the big 4... and it's currently succeeding.

Now give me some curly beards, tusks, bulls, and tall hats.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

WIP of one of my Noise Marines

The Demilich fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 3, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I actually opted to cover the current work on the Noise Marines in grey stynylrez just so I could get a grasp on what I've done so far since I've been working in clear UV resin.

So here's a minor update over the last hour plus some other lads:

Here's two more:

They're sharing the head because I only made the one head out of some Escher hair, so it def needs a bit of a tightening up. Prob going to chisel some chunks out of the mohawk/helm connection point and redo the details.

The next few heads I'll prob build up from plastic skulls. Do the meat, skin, give them the black orbed eyes, etc.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Samovar posted:

I hate to be this way, because these look awesome and over-the-top in the best ways...

... it's just that the barrel of the gun is just slightly at an angle compared to the body and it's doing my nut in. I can understand if it'd be too much trouble for something so minor, but that's the ONE problem I have with it.

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah I admit I noticed that slight difference in angle as well and it bugged the heck out of me.

Might just be the angle of the profile shot? I don't see it with a full on side view

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Spanish Manlove posted:

the break in the middle is crooked. You can see it when you extend out some lines on the two halves

Ahhhhh, gotcha, there was a caveat I found during the kitbash that made me settle on its current iteration. If the extension of the gun was not placed a little higher like it is, then thr first coils end up being flush flat with the top of the extension, and it looked awful. Having the coils be sunk a bit deeper made it look a bit normal despite all the other changes. So I opted instead of lining up the middle line, to line up the top and bottom lines

I've still got to add cabling so maybe that line won't be apparent at all once some more visual confusion is introduced.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Well I did it on my phone with fat fingers

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Anyone know the name of the Eldar/Drukhari bits that stick out of the armor like wings, and the purpose of them on the armor?

They look like this on the Incubus Warsuit

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

BizarroAzrael posted:

What's the gun made of BTW? HH Special weapons? Maybe a Hellblaster gun?

It's half Plasma Incinerator from the Hellblaster kit and half an admech Volkite weapon (I think) that was grabbed from a bits box for $0.15!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Had Instagram remind me that my Blood Angels kill team hasn't been painted since I kitbashed them 2 years ago.

:thanks: :thumbsup:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Ugh, I hate sculpting heads!
Can't do this poo poo at all it feels like. This was just a GW skull with clear uv resin, steel balls for eyes, and greenstuff ropes.

Think I just need to abandon using steel mesh for the mouth grill. I guess I'll just try again with only greenstuff but I'm not looking forward to it.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Everyone needs heads, including me lol

Noise Marine Update:
These are the only non standard primaris heads I have right now for my noise marines and it sucks.

The squad is about 90% done, only 2 models need power pack arms/speakers, one needs the rest of his armor to be blinged out, and the eventual 5 heads that will be used need to be magnetized cause I like being able to pivot heads whenever I want for photos or do full swaps.

Anyway here's (a) wonder wall (of pics)

NM1 (dude that needs more bling)

NM2 (needs speakers/poqerpack arms)

NM3

NM4 (needs speakers/poqerpack arms)

NM5

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Bucnasti posted:

yeah I might be able to help.

Holy gently caress how on earth did you acquire so many?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

gently caress me, the 2e noise marines are $30+ a piece on ebay. I was going to buy the three models and then make some thermoplastic casts for bits to use, but I'm not spending $100 on 3 models.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I'd like to throw my armies in a display case/tower of some sort, any recommendations?

Cheaper the better btw
I'm down for used options as well it's not like it can't be cleaned up.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I'm debating using these for display boxes now

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I like old scouts, but yeah, intermix them into groups like the Black Templars do.

Phobos armor struck me as not an armor variant you give to newbs, but a specific purpose built armor variant like mk3 armor. Frankly it should have been a Raven Guard/Corax creation that filtered through to the rest of the legions, an armor variant that trades a bit of armor value for increased movement or something, which would definitely be a valuable bit of gear to both Alpha Legion and Night Lords for example.

Heavy intercessor T = 5, M 6"
Intercessor T = 4, M 6"
Phobos T = 3, M 7"

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Eej posted:

Phobos already get extra movement. They are all Infiltrators which is way more movement than the extra 5" in a game that you propose

What's weird is I loaded up wahapedia just to look at incursors since they're wearing phobos and it didn't show 10" movement, but Infiltrators do lol

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Yeah I was simply looking at movement and not including an rear end load of ancillary rules attached.

There's a reason I don't like playing 40k lol

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

WFRPG 2E for lyfe

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Finally got another missile launcher for my Iron Warriors Terminator 2.0 project, so now they've both got a proper tyrant siege terminator feel.

My headcanon is the Iron Warriors who are elevated to the elite echelon of the Stor-Bezashk may undergo multiple additional surgeries to become living war machines, akin pseudo Dreadnoughts.

Portions of the astartes body are outright removed (such as the arms, which are replaced with augmetics), and further cybernetic enhancements are installed in addition to further modifications to the black carapace so the warriors can integrate better with the arnor.

Just like the arms are no longer flesh, The terminator heads you see don't actually have an Astartes head in them, they're no longer a helmet per say, more of an updated auspex/auger array while the marines torso and actual head is encased further inside the shell.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

S.J. posted:

I love every bit of this. Do you plan on using them for Obliterators or something else?

I made my own ruleset for 40k, so they'll be getting their own custom statline. But for a normal game they could def be Obliterators. They could also probably be a stand in for a character like Abaddon, a Helbrute, or whatever else is on a 60mm base

I still haven't figured out how to really ascribe my own point costs to my system yet. Hopefully I can figure it out to make army building easier.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

drat lol I guess my Avatar is no longer valid for games lol.

I wonder if my Ulthwe is still good...

It absolutely could, just pop that little dude on a big old base and make a whole diorama out of it. Put a bunch of dead teeny tiny marines or whichever other enemy you desire.

Efb

Eej posted:

Just fill his base with tiny Epic marines shooting at him so it's actually a scaled down diorama

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I'm upset that Al-Saqr's av isn't

Maybe even a

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Muir posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Bruh I already made the avatar

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Super Waffle posted:

Work in progress on my Terminator Warsmith. Leviathan terminator captain is the base model, obliterator right arm and chaos terminator left arm, primaries techmarine head, plus other bits and bobs. Belt buckle is a poorly uv resin cast warpsmith kneepad made with blue stuff, I'll probably remake it. Load out will be power fist and combi weapon. Any thoughts or critiques?

I really like this, and fantastic work on the IW skull and use of older IW terminator shoulder pads. I feel like the left leg could use some additional studs on the banding, I don't see any on the inner portion of the leg.
I'd love some side shots of this to see the arms a bit clearer.

If you're not satisfied with the belt, you can always opt for a big ol gut plate, or a wwf style belt.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

EdsTeioh posted:

Careful with the pin vices on Amazon; a lot of the cheap ones come with bits that are flat on the tip and are basically useless for actually *drilling.* I got one a while back that has a nice handle but ended up having to buy a full new set of bits from Army Painter.

To add, many bits on aliexpress are like this (flat) as well. To get around this flaw, use a knife tip to make a central point so you can keep your bit steady. I literally just stick the tip of the blade in and spin it a little bit, it works like a charm.

The pin vice itself that I got off Aliexpress however for $4 each are amazing though.

coelomate posted:

tbh I remember ebay deals being easier to score a decade ago. Maybe the surge inpopularity combined with so much being out of stock at GW means there are more bidders? But even the janky old collections often go for a hefty multiple of the current MSRP.

More like ebay "deals"
The prices are terrible usually.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

That leads me to my next recommendation: magnifiers!

I honestly can't do poo poo without them

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

A good use for the lovely bits is as a hole punch for thin metal sheets to make studs. Just flip the bit in the vice so you have a flat surface for the punch.
Just punch them out on a silicon mat to make life easier

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Eediot Jedi posted:

Imagine being a thousands sons player lmao

Oops alll Tzaangors
And gods knows how many Ahriman.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I bought some thrift store toys and am going to make an ork freebooter galleon. I've been looking at reference pics and good lord there's some insane kitbashes out there.
I also found a big drill! It's twice the size of the Terrax Pattern Termite Assault Drill so I guess it's going to be another custom model/proxy. I'd like to redo the main drill blade though since it's so drat basic compared to the forge world model.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Anything I can do to get the glued on portion of the base under their feet off or do they just have lifts at that point?

Your dudes have lifts now. If you want after you cut around the feet you can sand down the remaining base, or attempt to cut it further. I'd sand it tbh if you're dead set on it. Just throw some sand paper down and slide your marine back and forth on it till it's where you want it.

What I've also done in the past is after cutting the base away, I just glued it directly to the new base and visually hid the old base portions with modeling paste and other textures which will hide it completely. Hell you don't even have to cut the base away if you don't want to, just glue the whole thing to a larger base and add more modeling paste, dirt, sand, etc.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

If you go too deep just pop a little greenstuff in there.

More importantly decide on which direction you want your polarity that way you can stay consistent.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Ashcans posted:

Example of how the old and new models compare:

Don't talk to me or my little sister ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Frankly Sisters of Battle having a well armed children's crusade is fitting