Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

nexous posted:

drat you joe biden

Joevid-19: Beau's Revenge (Dupont Heir edition)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

fosborb posted:

The Demilich, i'm sorry i rebooted the thread immediately after your question. i've been trying to find citations on your "how long to rest after covid" question and i'm not having success yet on anything that isn't New Yorker posts talking about how having covid is a great time to recharge

Yeah I've been looking for stuff related to post recovery sudden death & related information hoping it would ping something related, but there's been no dice as of yet

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Phigs posted:

It might help to tell your friend to think of COVID as an injury. The infection is basically an assault on your body and some damage will have been done that your body needs to recover from. And the universal advice for injury recovery is to rest for a while.

Already did that but they want an ~article~

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Don't mind me I'm just mainlining 2000+ posts playing catchup. Gotta say I'm happy to see probes being handed out.

road potato posted:

God drat this thread moves fast. Three pages back but less than a day.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.m4721
"Only return to exercise after at least seven days free of symptoms, and begin with at least two weeks of minimal exertion"

This flowchart is... a lot, but good

Minimum 7 days at each phase, so 5 weeks after before going back to normal. It's a bit more than what folks are saying for 'take a whole month off' but I started wearing a heart rate monitor very regularly after COVID and logging all my exercise, tried to stay in the low zones for like 4 weeks before starting to ease back into it.

Still... not feeling great about heart health 9 months later.

Oracle posted:

So its been suspected for awhile (casual perusal found studies as far back as 2004) that infections can raise the risk of cardiac events, even before covid, but it never really raised the alarms until, ya know, THE ENTIRE WORLD caught a novel disease that seemed tailor made to screw up your blood/blood vessels multiple times.

E.g.

A metastudy on post covid MI

Similar one for strokes and blood clots (this dude loves his metaanalyses)

A review of post-covid cardiovascular complications and possible treatments
Too much to quote here but a lot of data on risks after infection. Money shot is:

American College of Cardiology recommendations for returning to exercise post-covid (its a pdf lol)

And another scientific article from last year that describes what returning to exercise should look like depending on how severe your infection.

This article puts the above in layman's terms rather nicely.

Solid posts, thank you for your efforts

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Ugh I'm sorry.

It was so, so easy to get Paxlovid here:
https://sesamecare.com/medication/paxlovid

No lying of any kind required. An easy minute long phone call and we had a Paxlovid prescription called in before we were off the phone.

Hell yeah

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

bedpan posted:

ppl already doing enough harm to themselves by posting on SA

The psychic damage can be immense at times.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I sit alone at my imported Malbec purple heart table, my Brioni suit lined with unkempt creases. Dried beet dust is formed into lines on a mirror in front of me.

I take a rolled up hundred dollar bill, of which I have thousands, and begin ripping lines. "I can't believe how much money I made off the pandemic" I whisper to myself.

I sit, alone and probated, in my empty high rise apartment looking down at this damned streaky mirror, trying to see where it all went wrong; but all I see is a few red smears where a man used to be.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

MjolnirMan posted:

In the last week alone, 5 people I know IRL who are totally unconnected to each other have gotten it for the first time. Two in the last 24 hours. I don't know that many people, and only know 3 or so more NoVIDers. I assume this is a confluence of people dropping their guards, a new strain with more immune evasiveness, and fading immunity from people's last vaccination or infection.

Two people I know admitted to catching it "for the first time!"
Press x to doubt lol, none of them mask.

Part of me wonders if they've actually caught it a few times previously and were simply asymptomatic, and now that they've caught it enough times it's to the point where being asymptomatic is no longer possible.

In any case my sister and her family are flying in tomorrow to bring my grandma home from her multi month long visit, and all of them will no doubt be unmasked on the flight. I don't even think they've considered their actions will potentially maim the ones they supposedly love (grandma and the kids). Truthfully I don't think they consider anything outside of their own immediate consumptive interests. Pretty sad poo poo tbh. Even if they get sick I think they'll write it off as flu instead of actually testing.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Bamlanivimab sounds like it belongs in a Beach Boys song

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I got front row seats to see Groban in Sweeney Todd and all I got was this lousy shirt debilitating cough!

The Oldest Man posted:

Good thing that five day isolation period is following the science and *touches earpiece*

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/eclinm/PIIS2589-5370(23)00235-3.pdf

Seems like something they should run higher quality studies on, welp cya

e: ofc they should also do a high quality RCT on different isolation protocols' effect on airline ceos getting really sad, don't want to exclude the possibility of bias in that critical domain

:screams:

Animal-Mother posted:

The unofficial secret motto of the culinary industry is "NEVER call in sick."

Line cook was the deadliest American profession wrt Covid in 2020 and 2021.

"Lockdowns" my loving rear end. These people never stopped eating out. And blue collar people died for it, almost entirely POC.

You're insane if you think about this or remember it though.

poo poo like this is why I'm proud I haven't eaten in a restaurant in like 5 years.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Bastard Tetris posted:

Anti-vaxxers live in my mental ignore list, but goddamn a smallpox pandemic would be a society-rending nightmare in our current state of the world.

Not if you, uhhh... *checks CDC notes* wash your hands!

blue squares posted:

please help, friends. hosting a baby shower for my wife’s coworker. she ate lunch yesterday with someone who tested positive this morning. trying to figure out whether my wife could be contagious already tonight. going to tell everyone regardless, but trying to decide if we need to cancel preemptively or just let folks decide. no one she works with wears a mask anyway

we can do three rapids too

It's a shame to see pregnant individuals play maskless Russian roulette with their own and their expected child's health. My sister is maskless idiot and just got notified of a hosed up pregnancy.

Fun times.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Welp, my sister who flew cut her trip short and left early because she's feeling "deathly ill".

I doubt she'll test and I know she got on that return flight maskless.

Gee, I wonder what illness kicks in after only 2 to 3 days and makes you feel like death? I guess I'll never know!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I love living in a psychopathic society!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Buffer posted:

It doesn't actually seem to have impacted availability at all - nor do you know the situation / medical history - but I appreciate the moralizing party gal. You have a lot of room to get up on a high horse here.

Lib and let die posted:

I believe Poppers should be on ignore, friend.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

lol "please sign this new document after we hosed something up, please bro, it wasn't a serious mistake, no harm no foul just please sign this right now bro"

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Rock Puncher posted:

im going out to a friends house next week, any precautions i can take that dont involve looking like that dude from batman or whatever with the cool facemask

Why would you willingly look uncool?

Steve Yun posted:

my test2treat tests arrived

it’s one test per box

NeonPunk posted:

Just how big are the swabs???

Farnsworth good news is a suppository.jpeg

Maniacal laughter intensifies

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

GXL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WpOu_sRDQ

This song contains satirical references to gun violence. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN VIOLENCE. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN OWNERSHIP. I DO NOT SUPPORT CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS.

If you decide to quote this post, I’d really appreciate if you included the disclaimer text so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again, CSPAM covid thread. Couldn’t have done it without you. Fare thee well.

TOTAL SYMPTOMATIC COVID INFECTIONS TO DATE: 0

This man FUCKS
Stay safe comrade, come back when you're ready

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Had to pick up a niece today from school who was sick, which rapidly accelerated my anxiety. The school is only one block away but I made sure the windows were down with both of us masked in 3m's. Here's to hoping I not only don't catch whatever they have, but don't spread it to anyone.

In better news though thanks to The vaccine finder posted earlier, I found a very local Dr with there own clinic offering Novavax. Every other listing was Walgreens which lol

I'm going to shoot for mid October.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Totally love seeing my cousin who received an organ transplant a few years ago at a oktoberfest maskless looking bored as hell.

Just love it!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

NeonPunk posted:

I'll grant you the temperature is an issue but you gotta give me a citation on the human immune system being able to fight off fungi

It just feel like it's kinda a bad idea to give it a taste of our blood and assume nothing will comes out of it

Humans fighting off fungal infections?
Not if you've caught covid a few times!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Trying to score some test2treat pax, will report my results

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I've been neglecting getting my shot due to stress and anxiety, so I'm going to call around to find a dealer who utilizes the bridge program tomorrow.

It's a lovely feeling having supposed loved ones taking no precautions at all. What used to be my favorite season and string of holidays has turned into a lonely anxiety ridden hellscape.

Also getting dates is ultra hard now.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Pax authorized and being mailed. Hell yeah

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Just be "honest", we're all fat depressed smokers with a positive result that we don't have a photo of after all ;)
(note: this method was valid for CA)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

According to the email I got I'm receiving (1) PAX - 100MG 30 DOSE PACK TABLET

Stupid question but is this a normal amount of doses for 5 days worth?

The Demilich has issued a correction as of 08:12 on Nov 3, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Woke up tasting metal the other day, but I figured it was because I was scraping my nasal cavity with the little test qtip (tested negative btw)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Dating is impossible now lol

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

So I've hosed around and not gotten mothed up, and then I read in this thread several posts back that there's an actual updated vaccine coming?

Someone please clarify

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Gunshow Poophole posted:

where are you located

in the USA the available moth juice is current. there is no updated vaccine coming.

in other countries gently caress if I know what's happening

US; Thanks for the quick reply.

This'll be my 9th shot :coronatoot:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

9th vaccine acquired; I'm mothed up and seeing the light!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Any recent solid science articles going over how covid is NOT getting milder? I need to shut someone up ASAP.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

"The CDC is no longer recommending Americans to stay home after testing positive for COVID-19, a major shift in policy that comes as much of the country has moved on from the height of the pandemic."

Wow, Biden truly is the most progressive president in history for putting *checks notes* grandfather Nurgle, Plague Lord and Master of Pestilence, as head of the CDC!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Anyone know of any spiffy discounts on 3m 9105 vflex masks in bulk?

I'm open to any other masks that are as large or larger btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Heh, I have a modification in my genome that alters CD209 transcription.
https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs4804803
This on top of the Neanderthal bennies rules. Too bad the microplastics saturating our existence are probably why I'm sterile.

I'm hoping to get my tenth vaccination soon, but I need to find a new pharmacy.

Also, I'm pretty pissed at myself for missing the last window to get pax from test2treat.

Steve Yun posted:

friend is going out having threesome sex while wearing an N95

that’s some dedication I didn’t even know was possible

Mouth stuff is half the fun. This is basically a cheap way of doubling half the fun someone can have. It's like loving one whole person half as effectively twice.