Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Zantie posted:

Washington state's weekly update, cobbled together from the state's excel reports Cumulative Counts and EpiCurve Counts.

Appreciate this post, kind of a bummer because this is the first semester my wife has to go back to teach in person. 2021 Was distance due to covid protocals, she got fall 2022 off from fmla, and her department let her do spring virtually too cause she was still in chemo, but we wrapped up treatments this summer and now they all expect her to go back. Fortunately it's university teaching and she only has a couple classes a week and can stay home otherwise, but they always find ways to pull people in for meetings (and love to have them over lunch!) so we're a bit worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

bedpan posted:

lmao at the "covid doesn't spread in schools" brain poison

I think it’s more that schools operate as a business rather than institutions of learning and “asses in seats” are super important for their “metrics”. without speaking for that professor I imagine they face a lot of pressure to not cancel class for Covid or such atm, it’s entirely possible that the email they sent out about it was a passive aggressive way for them to let people who care try to make an informed decision about their attendance that week or such.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

No one has ever given me poo poo but I'm also a dude. A couple weeks ago some old lady yelled at my wife while she was walking to work but she feels a lot less self conscious than she did when she had to RTO so it didn't really bother her.

My wife is a petite asian lady and there was a decent sized wave of hate crimes against this group when trump played off covid as the "China Virus", including in our area. She's not chinese but of course that doesn't matter to chuds. Between her immunocompromised situation and that possibility of just getting assaulted in public we've had me mostly handle errands since the pandemic started. I sometimes get mild questions about still masking up in public in my p conservative area but obviously the kind of cowards that attacked women half their size aren't really itching to pick a fight with a big guy that works in construction.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

The Oldest Man posted:

That is loving garbage, I'm sorry your wife has to experience that and the two of you have had to reorganize your lives around avoiding it even a little.

I was just sort of responding to the idea that "no one bothers people over masking", honestly I handle most the cooking/grocery shopping in our household anyway so it's not a super big deal but yeah considerations drastically change over stuff like this depending on who you are. I don't get much "harassment" over still masking but people do still point it out, mostly just small chat questioning. The way I've found to deflect it is just mentioning that I haven't had a cold since masking in public and if this minor inconvenience means never getting sick again I'll take it and p much everyone can relate to that, regardless of their political leanings on the whole covid situation.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

The previous thread is linked in the OP (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997695, for quick reference, others are there too), but the reboot is intended to be a fresh start that's been working well so try to err on the side of not picking at any intergenerational scabs.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Phigs posted:

I think, ultimately, people are just going to have to accept that this thread is going to be skeptical of medical authorities. We've seen doctors prescribing Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine and all sorts of quackery. We see doctors recommend against masking in public. We've seen doctors recommend cloth masks over n95 respirators. This whole entire pandemic is multiple levels of authority and the medical field showing its rear end. We're living through a horrifically, horrifically mismanaged pandemic. Listen to doctors is just bullshit in this climate.

It's a good idea in general to listen to medical practitioners. But there needs to be a place to discuss the possibility that individual doctors are wrong. There are lines that should not be crossed, but I think we can attack those as they come. I don't think a blanket rule of trust doctors is good for the thread. If someone comes in here saying their doctor prescribed them Ivermectin for COVID are we just supposed to go "listen to your doctor"? What if their doctor says Paxlovid is unnecessary because they're fit? That's bullshit some doctors do say. If their doctor says it's bad because of meds they're taking or their condition or what have you, then absolutely they need to listen to their doctor. But if their doctor is just making straight up ignorant claims the thread should be able to point out those claims are ignorant.
There’s a line between being skeptical of doctors because of bad experiences and saying things that come across as deranged. Doctors aren’t infallible and it’s fine/good to get plenty of additional opinions. Even with my wife’s cancer diagnosis we did multiple rounds of tests at multiple institutions, she even got a second opinion when coincidentally visiting her family in her home country that year. However that’s not a good excuse to start disparaging the entire medical system or medical personnel. The posts that got popped for that came across as frankly a bit deranged.

Additionally people should try to chill with the meta commentary, I know tensions are high and people are worried about this thread getting closed but Vyk said he wanted to give it a shot to make it work and the recent reopening of the SAD thread coincided with some bad posting over the weekend. If there are concerns people can take it to SAD and discuss it there or shoot some messages privately if they’re worried about backlash there. If you think someone is trolling the thread feel free to shoot out a pm too rather than arguing about it here because a slapfight isn’t going to help impressions.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Shiroc posted:

Since I’m back again, I’m gonna share a nice little moment from last week. My apartment gave notice about required upgrades on my ac unit that would take all day. I was worried about having people in my apartment and getting a contractor to wear a mask. I taped a sign asking them to and some auras and kf94s.

Dude came, put on one of the auras properly before knocking and it ended up being no issue at all.
That's great, and it was for a good cause too. Our AC went out last week (capacitor was shot) during a full blown 110 degree heatwave, I dunno how people could live without ac before but I certainly can't now.

Complaints about wearing masks always confused me in the first place. I had coworkers that were like pack+ a day smokers talk about how the mask was preventing them from getting enough oxygen and it didn't really seem like their priorities were straight. Though I guess maybe if their lungs were already struggling a mask might have felt worse.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

yoloer420 posted:

I think it's just the concept that there needs to be a special justification to avoid covid. Many people in the thread are avoiding it because it causes long term harm in a significant portion of (if not all) cases.

That idea upsets people.
I honestly don't get that impression from the complaints. Most of the stuff is tangible if somewhat embellished and the things getting focused on tend to look a bit unhinged from the outside. I think takes like this make the thread look worse than it is, and the first dozen or two pages of this reboot were both much better and much slower paced when it didn't seem like everyone was fighting a forums war. If people just post normally without this aura of being the true apostles of covid I don't think there will be much criticism that people are still tracking data and taking precautions against getting sick. Just don't engage with it and it'll go away but posting about concern trolls or trying to double down on justifying some posts a lot of other people already think are weird has more or less never worked out in history of qcs or sad.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

icantfindaname posted:

So what do people think will happen with paxlovid? Seems to me there are two very powerful forces, on the one hand the managerial state wants covid to go away and so treatments for the thing that doesn't exist have to go away too, on the other hand the pharma companies make money off of it, so
I think there's a strong argument the managerial state doesn't want a lot of restrictions associated with Covid and that led to us not seriously handling the pandemic during it's spread but that's because they want people back at work, not out of a desire to just cull the population. To that end anything that helps mitigate the effects of Covid that doesn't really disrupt their business would be seen as a positive. Even in my pretty conservative area where local gov resisted WA lockdowns as much as possible and hated Inslee for demanding anything of them, most companies were still fairly pro vaccine for example.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

when you say "mitigate the effects of Covid" do you mean the effects/symptoms of an individual's particular case? or the rolling and now perennial effects at a societal level

because masks don't disrupt like... most businesses. and everyone loving hated them from the jump. nobody sees masks as a positive.

that’s a totally fair point yeah I never did get why masks got such pushback I’ve never minded wearing one myself and honestly might continue to do so even if someone thanos snapped Covid away. Seriously the extra Covid precautions I’ve taken have also gotten rid of the whole “it’s normal to get sick a couple times a year “ gunk that goes around.

but no I was more talking specifically about medical things like vaccines/boosters. I’m probably naive but I’d think most businesses would see most medical treatment options as a win cause it means they don’t have to change anything else but there’s still less “consequences” for them. I agree masks should have probably fallen under this boat too so I dunno I could just be way off base.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

let’s just move on here, the joke was in poor taste and got probed. The penalty wasn’t really harsh because as mentioned by someone itt the dogbricker saga is forum’s folklore now and there have been plenty of jokes about it around the forums including a banner ad that I don’t think anyone would suggest was condoning animal cruelty.

The news article itself about how pet owners are becoming anti vaccers for their dogs to avoid doggy autism is far more interesting than relitigating the fate of a perma banned poster.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

My wife’s oncologist was still masking but only a few of the nurses administering her actual treatment did after health worker mandates dropped here. They even tried to convince us we didn’t need to mask while here anymore after the policy changes, like we’d be relieved to be exposing an immunocompromised patient to needless risk in a dense place of sick people.

honestly it was a little baffling, like you’d think healthcare workers of all people would still be p enthusiastic about mask usage but nope.

I’m glad we wrapped up when we did. The general risk in public is bad and frustrating but hospitals being so cavalier about it just felt like a whole nother level of irresponsibility. At least her doctor was still good about it.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

fosborb posted:

well holy poo poo they actually did it. masks are back*

* for a single classroom that has 3 or more reported cases, for only the next 10 days, does not include shared meal time
Stuff like this feels so crazy cause from a layman perspective the entire point of stuff like masking is to prevent (well reduce) the spread. It's not like a medicine you take to get better faster after getting sick you gotta be doing it before. I guess it shouldn't surprise me p much every corporate safety policy is less designed around actual safety and more a liability mitigation measure and the US is basically a giant corporation at this point but it just looks so silly reading dumb poo poo like this.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

The talk of potential masking at a few of the gov jobs we do at my company has come up and people are very mad about it. Old man inspector, that mind you is never going to be going to the site or have to mask anyways as he is strictly in desk jockey territory, went into a long winded rant about having heard the science on his radio stations that covid is too small and no known mask can stop it from getting through.

I live in a conservative place so I've given up caring if people just refuse to mask or vaccinated or whatever because GOVERNER INSLEE *Shakes fist* isn't their real dad, but it really gets my goat hearing people talk about "Doing their own research" which begins and ends with listening to some local dipshit with a microphone on whatever conservative talkshow they enjoy. At least the oppositional defiant disorder babies I can understand, regardless of whether or not I think they're being dumb, but the people who genuinely believe they're making the more educated choice is just painful to hear.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

I remember years back there was a funny piece about one of those raw water venders on the west coast where it turned out they were literally just filling up some Oregon municipal water and selling it in these over the top crystal jugs to californians.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

I found the face of danger

Costco free samples suck because they have stuff like "Libby's vienna sausages" or "tyson chicken nuggets", who doesn't already know what these products are. It just creates a giant shopping cart clusterfuck of dipshits who are incapable of spatial awereness.

When it's some random new/niche thing it's whatever, like maybe you want to try that prepackaged item before committing to buying 10 pounds of it, completely reasonable, most people just walk past it anyways as they're not interested free or not so it doesn't have the same impact.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Scheduled for booster tuesday

Finally my chance to be part of the 1%

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

When googling about this debate I found an interresting article:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8552225/

quote:

Eight studies (9164 participants) were included after screening 153 articles. Analyses showed statistically significant differences between N95 respirator versus surgical mask use to prevent influenza‐like‐illness (risk ratio [RR] = 0.81, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 0.68–0.94, P < 0.05), non‐influenza respiratory viral infection (RR = 0.62, 95% CI = 0.52–0.74, P < 0.05), respiratory viral infection (RR = 0.73, 95% CI = 0.65–0.82, P < 0.05), severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS‐CoV) 1 and 2 virus infection (RR = 0.17, 95% CI = 0.06–0.49, P < 0.05), and laboratory‐confirmed respiratory viral infection (RR = 0.75, 95% CI = 0.66–0.84, P < 0.05). Analyses did not indicate statistically significant results against laboratory‐confirmed influenza (RR = 0.87, CI = 0.74–1.03, P > 0.05).

I could be misunderstanding the numbers it took a few reads through the discussion section to try to get what they were saying but afaict the RR is basically fraction of people you would expect to get sick if they had been wearing n95's instead of surgical masks. For a lot of stuff like the common cold it appears the surgical masks actually weren't doing much worse than the n95, but for specifically covid there's a pretty drastic reduction (down to 17%). That's not to say you shouldn't wear a surgical mask if that's all you've got, it still does seem to help, but the n95 is a huge step up.

Incidentally I don't think poppers is trolling much with their reason why they prefer surgical, in several of the articles I found it was specifically mentioned that discomfort from the n95 through long working hours/weeks often resulted in non-compliance from the medical staff (headaches came up several times) or frequent adjustments/taking off and on again which drastically lowered their effectiveness. For the most part not even doctors and nurses want to be wearing n95's all day, so it's not a surprise ordinary people wouldn't want to either.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

SardonicTyrant posted:

People are really good at convincing themselves to walk into their own deaths for short-term convenience. It's scary.

I think because it’s more scary to them to think they might have to more or less permanently give up stuff cause it’s obvious Covid isn’t going away. Even people I know that were p diligent for a while after the first vaccine just caved and started going back to normal eventually. When I point out rates weren’t really any lower and if we believed late spring/early summer 2020 warranted lockdowns/masks/social distancing then at no real point since then have things been good enough that they should have gone away no one ever really has a good response just general hand waving that it’s just something we gotta live with now.

the social pressure kinda just snowballs from there cause as more and more people throw in the towel suddenly you get viewed as less and less reasonable for caring. I’m real glad my wife is on the same page as me because we’re both kind of just okay with keeping it up indefinitely at this point and we have each other but I imagine it’s really hard for a lot of people to have the double whammy of feeling isolated and the impression that people think they’re weird for it.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Poppers posted:

Yep… covid isn’t going away ever. I’d rather have fun than try to minimize my risk for the rest of my entire life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxAIn2OOpwI

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

The Oldest Man posted:

He still is, but the party line cognitive dissonance field is at full strength as long as a democrat is the president

I recall getting into several fights in 2020 with friends over the idea that the second Biden walks into office people will stop caring about Covid/kids in cages/literally every progressive issue he won’t do poo poo about and it’s crazy how fast that stuff got memory holed. like fortunately it wasn’t Twitter arguments so no one who knew me assumed I was a trump supporter for saying mainstream democrats only care about these issues as the opposition party but it’s so bizarre to me that this sort of discussion comes up, plays out exactly how a pessimist would expect, then upcoming election year the same people will step on the same rakes going to bat for the idea that either party cares about anything other than their rich friends and their insider trading portfolios.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

WrasslorMonkey posted:

This post is how I found out Metric put out an album in 2022. Also got one coming out in October of this year and there's a single out for it.

“ Oh please” is probably my favorite song from that album but I just couldn’t help myself with dropping that track here. The idea that it’s impossible to enjoy life without our mass commercialized “public” spaces just feels so loving dumb to read on this forum of all places.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Pingui posted:

lmao, this poo poo sucks.

I “tutor” a professor in Taiwan (friend of my wife) for her tourism/hospitality industry classes. It’s a rich people uni that does all their stuff in English so I mostly help her with editing her PowerPoints/documents/papers from the common pitfalls of ESL writing but man is it always a wild read learning what her coursework and research is about. it’s just so flagrantly capitalist. “Revenge tourism” came up a ton, basically the idea that people who couldn’t spend for a year or two saved more money “during the pandemic” and were willing to be exploited as a “premium consumer” when things opened back up and they could blow their whole wad at once.

also a lot of research into what people liked about the lower contact environments and what to keep even after Covid measures ended. Millennials like more apps, less people, etc, and it’s both fascinating and horrifying to read about the take home messages various hospitality industry titans took from Covid that all boils down to having to pay less staff while charging more.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

just got a call today from Walgreens (had scheduled vaccine tomorrow morning), they don’t got it yet. They said probably Thursday but who knows?!??!?

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

when Covid was first popping off and there were government rules about masking or what fraction of capacity was allowed in a given room etc etc I was kind of hoping to see some sort of liability to companies that shirked those rules.

I know my company in WA completely ignored masking requirements and the 25% of capacity, honesty even saying we were necessary was kind of questionable because most of our major contracts are gov and they were all still shut down.

I agree individual liability would be a bit much but if schools or businesses etc actually got slammed for negligence when they got a bunch of people sick it would probably yield a better overall response.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Steve Yun posted:

the headline is careful to say “associated with” and not “causes”

it’s possible that people who skip breakfast are living overall unhealthier lifestyles to begin with

yeah it feels like that’s be a pretty reasonable indicator rather than a real cause/effect. I know personally if someone tracked my diet it’d be pretty obvious the differences between years where I’m more happy and health conscious vs years where I’m not doing super great mentally and just not minding my wellbeing in general. Usually not starting off the day with some oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and berries and then swinging by burger king for lunch and grabbing a 6 pack on the way home.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

coworker today legitimately blamed his dry cough on "all this beef stew I've been eating".

OK MAN

I mean if it was real spicy beef stew and one of those small red pepper slices hit the back of his throat just right prior to telling you this then it all checks out

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Friday was last day at old job and fortunately I had been on vacation all week so didn't have to go to the office but covid had been tearing through it, 2 confirmed people and one sick guy as of the start of the week, said sick guy had spent all day in the same truck as one of the confirmed cases. This is an office of like 10 people so you know, a sizeable chunk and kind of cluttered so I'm sure there's a few other people who had been in prolonged close contact with one of the other 3 that simply weren't sick yet.

I show up wearing a mask to do my exit/drop stuff off and such and first thing everyone asks is if I had covid. No, I simply didn't want to get it from them haha, but then my boss insists that the most recent person who had been in the office this week didn't have covid despite getting sick a week after hanging out with a now known covid positive guy because he took a RAT and it said negative.

It's like oh now you guys believe the tests (same group of people that in 2020/2021 said that tests were wrong and just inflating covid numbers to make people scared for political reasons), fortunately when I pointed out that RATs weren't super accurate in the best of times and seem to be particularly non accurate with recent strains so I'd only believe a negative pcr at this point the QA manager agreed with me that said 3rd person probably did have covid and a pcr would confirm it.

Monday is first day of new job which means orientation time which I presume means sitting in rooms full of people for badging and such so that'll be fun. At least the position is hybrid and potentially full wfh once it gets going, but the team I'll be on is p small anyways.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

can i turn into a zombie?

do I still have to go to wrok?

there’s an anime on Netflix right now that’s about a Japanese salaryman super stoked it’s the zombie apocalypse cause it means he doesn’t have to go to work anymore

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

mdemone posted:

Lol I took a break from Israel/Palestine news and now I'm all hosed up again on Covid news

lmao doing the exact same thing. Been getting depressed for a week on I/P news, was falling behind on getting depressed by Covid news.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

RandomBlue posted:

Kid just popped positive too and my wife probably will shortly as well even though we have separate rooms now. Going to be stuck quarantining here until at least Monday probably with all of us sick. Awesome. This trip was an amazing idea.

We didn't bring an extra week's worth of meds and my kid takes scheduled meds so it'll be fun trying to get all of that filled while out of state.

I feel bad for you/your family and hope you all get better soon and don't suffer any long term effects but lmao at that whole situation. "We have to go now before your kid turns 18" so like, they're what late highschool already and this is all for disney? I feel like most teenagers would already think Disney was lame by that point.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

I'm legit surprised it's even 3 percent. I work mon-thur so I booked an appointment friday morning so I could get the shot and rest up over the weekend, got canceled wed night due to short supplies. So I booked another one, got canceled again. This happened 3 times in a row and I sort of gave up trying to book one, figured I'd just wait some number of weeks and try a random walk in. I'll probably try this weekend, I guess at least now I can get the moth juice instead.

I feel like most people don't like errands or scheduling them so basically every rejected appointment is a roll of the dice that person simply never gets the booster at all, and it seems like it was happening a whole lot.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Did thanksgiving for just the wife and I, we already prefer staying in and chilling this time of year so selling it to the family isn’t too hard, (that’s tougher on Christmas).

Everyone in my office was getting sick the week or two before this break, we can telework but they’d show up and go talk to everyone before dipping out early for reasons I can’t fathom. It’s probably just because I’ve changed jobs to more of an office setting since the start of the pandemic but I feel like it’s really been sweeping through people I know this year. previously you’d hear of cases but it’d be more like a coworkers friend/extended family whereas this fall it always feels like there’s someone sick around me. Of course it’s never Covid and of course they never test but even if it were just some mysterious super flu I wish they wouldn’t be so cavalier about spreading it. like we’re a cushy gov job you will not get reprimanded for calling in.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

I was sharing thanksgiving meal pictures back and forth with my mom and she sort of just casually snuck in that she's sick, her husband's sick, my brother is sick (and didn't go), and one of my stepbrothers/his family is sick. She was sad the table had been set for 8 and there only ended up being a couple people.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Pingui posted:

lol, yeah I don't think so.

lmao the part about it fueling inflation because it means companies are paying people more competitively. “look proles you should be working harder and longer hours so companies can pay you less” just saying the quiet part out loud.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Pingui posted:

An unsurprising finding, though it is "good" to see the data being explored. A brief note on the difference between persistent symptoms vs severe COVID, and why the latter is less of a factor than one might expect, it is worth noting the time frame only goes to 2021 and in the early stages of the pandemic hospitalizations costs were covered for all. As such - and to the extent that they per definition don't have long term symptoms - it is unsurprising that the effect is much smaller as it effectively amounts to being out of the job market for a time, but getting back while it was still booming.
"Association of Severe COVID-19 and Persistent COVID-19 Symptoms With Economic Hardship Among US Families"

News article on the matter:

it’s depressingly obvious this would happen but still real disappointing to see it laid out so clearly.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Platystemon posted:

She thinks that you have cancer lol.

Masks are the new head scarf.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Pingui posted:

We've discussed this in the thread and I am happy to see that earlier is better, even considering a potential for rebound. I think this speaks to the Paxlovid treatment being too short, rather than taken too early and it is a shame we likely won't ever get conclusive evidence on that. Anyways, don't postpone taking a course of Paxlovid.
"Optimal timing of nirmatrelvir/ritonavir treatment after COVID-19 symptom onset or diagnosis: target trial emulation"

I am obviously not a doctor but it seems kind of weird to me that there aren't more studies specifically addressing that question. The comparison to me feels like it'd be concluding antibiotics didn't work because when you didn't take a full course of them the bacteria came back stronger than before, isn't the known solution just keep taking them tell it's gone? Obviously this isn't apples to apples but you'd think question #1 would be whether longer courses worked better. Is it because the side effects of pax are considered too severe to take a lot of?

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Mola Yam posted:

man you weren't joking about the article being trash. the comments are...not bad though, overall?

the majority seem to be aware that "just wash your hands! also it's immunity debt! and somehow, it's also all in your head!" is bullshit

dark lol at the most recent comment though

if only there was something this person could do to protect themselves

Tbh I kind of disagree with this, not that I don't wish it were true but I feel like americans have always been weird about refusing to acknowledge sickness or that it spreads. I think a big part of that is our lovely work culture with respect to sick time/pto in general but even in places with good rules/benefits about this sort of thing it's like a weird badge of honor to show up to the office sick and hack at your desk/in meetings for the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Why was the international travel thing so important anyways? I feel like by the time protective measures were actually hitting, even in the "peak lockdown" month or two we had, it was already throughout the country at that point. Driving to canada and back was not like a bigger risk than anything that involved people and yet was somehow marked as more important. My wife's chemo clinic was incredibly diligent about asking this question every week we showed up for a treatment and don't get me wrong I think flagging travel in a general sense was an okay idea but really the difference between international or domestic was already irrelevant and even non travel just general behavior was probably more significant.