Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
thanks for the reboot and new OP. glad my list of good and bad things was taken into consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

fosborb posted:

talked about it with Jeffery and i'll be going through each megathread to reboot them

sorry for your loss

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
do we know when exactly the new booster comes out? and if it will be gatekept? my wife is going to Japan at the end of September and I’ll be having my kidney cancer removed around the same time. would like us both to be boosted for that but I fear it won’t be out in time

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
drat you joe biden

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

mawarannahr posted:

HOCl isn't bleach though

it is if you get the pH wrong

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I like to lower my mask when i sneeze so it doesnt get all gross

edit: lol
https://twitter.com/bethanyshondark/status/1423390210293997570

edit: 2 gosh darn years ago what in the heck. seems like yesterday

nexous has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Aug 16, 2023

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
that post was clearly facetious and you can tell because it’s never lupus

lighten up, laugh a bit. getting an influx of new posters is a good thing for this thread even if they are poking fun. they’ll see the data, learn how to get paxlovid, maybe wear a (better) mask.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Al! posted:

salty fish

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
damnit joe give me the juice now, I’ll pay

at least someone posted that kidney trouble is no longer contraindicated for pax

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Steve Yun posted:

I think that was for remdesivir, not pax

ah, nuts. i don’t need more cancer

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Phigs posted:

Imagine going to your PCP for advice on which budget air purifiers are the most effective.

they would commit you to the psych ward

I’ve only had experience with one really bad Dr, My wife’s old Dr who spent 10 minutes berating her for wearing a mask in early 2021 and making her cry

My PCP, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, and urologist are all cool and good

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
where is chise to tell us how mild this new variant is

jk please dont post chise

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
the appropriate program is the recycle bin

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
still well over a month until I can get treatment for cancer. I love US healthcare

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

VomitOnLino posted:

Oh my god, what the gently caress I am so sorry. How are you dealing mentally?

it’s been back and forth between just ignoring it and freaking out. Another goon in the goon doctor thread really helped, he had the same thing (renal cell carcinoma) and it’s like the easiest cancer to treat so I’m not gonna die or anything it’s just very tedious waiting to do anything about it. I am quite concerned about getting Covid during the surgery tho. it’s gonna be close to see if I can get the updated booster before.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

RandomBlue posted:

Had the same thing about a year and a half ago, took about 3 weeks to get into surgery but we're not in a major metro area. Big enough to have decent hospital services but not so big they're completely overwhelmed thankfully.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you, it did for me (so far).

In my case they took out the whole right kidney along with the softball sized tumor.

thanks! mines golf ball sized so hoping they can salvage the kidney. also on the right side. will find out on the 29th when I can get an mri

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

RandomBlue posted:

yeah he was the president

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I haven’t had Covid (afaik) but aren’t there studies showing some correlation with cancer?

my cancer usually affects older men who are overweight and have high blood pressure so lol I owned myself. but then again I was in the best shape of my life 10 years ago before I had to have a cervical fusion and I stopped exercising cause everything hurts

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
first we hoarded the vaccines and now the paxlovid. how many of you are still sitting on pallets of toilet paper and hand sanitizer you jerks

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
the US government is hoarding 20 million courses of paxlovid, thats the real problem, think of all the 8 billion people that cant get treated!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Cuttlefush posted:

it's painful to see the same people completely fail to understand why people think this thread is unhinged

gonna agree with this. unfortunately, the people who are still insanely covid cautious are the people who never bent to peer pressure and the desire to fit in/not be a weirdo

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Shiroc posted:

Since I’m back again, I’m gonna share a nice little moment from last week. My apartment gave notice about required upgrades on my ac unit that would take all day. I was worried about having people in my apartment and getting a contractor to wear a mask. I taped a sign asking them to and some auras and kf94s.

Dude came, put on one of the auras properly before knocking and it ended up being no issue at all.

before 2020 asking people to do such a small favor and them actually doing it would never be on my list of “wow”

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I google all my problems before I go to the dr and if they disagree with google I immediately fire them and wait 6 months for a new dr appointment and second opinion

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Lib and let die posted:

which one of my in-laws are you

your step dad

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
this Poe league is fun I’ve been doing that instead of doom reading this thread

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Lib and let die posted:

I'm gonna try and sink some time into it this weekend, my wife doesn't like when I play "really clicky games" though lmao

just get cancer and tell her it’s the only thing that distracts you from thinking about it

never have I been this far on day 3 of a league

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

fosborb posted:

lol we're at like 30 loving reports on this thread so far today. excited to see what this one will be

sorry didn’t mean to make this thread even worse today. but that’s a legit post and I did actually tell my wife that and it’s pretty true. it’s also helping me not drink alcohol by distracting me

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its an important thing, to trust medical professionals

we don’t really have a choice, do we? “get a second opinion” is something people who have never had to get a second opinion say.

insurance won’t cover it, you’ll end up waiting at least 3 months for a non referred appointment. so you just hope the dr you got referred to knows what they are doing, isn’t having a bad day, etc.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
on the “us vs them” thing. we have gotten some new consistent posters out of this who I feel bring some much needed perspective to the thread

it did get insular and awfully crazy. there’s been some well deserved bans and permas in this thread. it’s not bad to have people disagree with the thread echo chamber, just don’t immediately jump up and scream conspiracy theories about them

you have to realize that people who care about Covid and not catching it are such a tiny percent of people that we are seen as crazy by pretty much 99% of the population. we are in fact not typical people, and atypical people get made fun of. roll with the punches, post your data and keep safe. but do it knowing that it will aggravate normal people.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Lib and let die posted:

I had a guy chase me down in his truck for calling code enforcement on him, therefore all general contractors are out to get all of us. simple as.

general contractors are all out to get us and our money. which is why I use unlicensed labor from undocumented immigrants and pay and treat them well

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

silicone thrills posted:

IM PIZZA POSTIN OVAH HEAH

home made chicken alfredo pizza. used the king arthur quick thin crust recipe today.

should post that beauty in the what did you eat for dinner thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967220&perpage=40&pagenumber=103&noseen=1

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
idk about the rest of gbs but that thread is chill. check out gambits pizzas for inspiration

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
the US has ordered more than 50% of all globally produced paxlovid courses. I’d be concerned about pax resistant variants if there weren’t 8 billion people who couldn’t get pax making new strains

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
he who supplied it (us govt) denied it (paxlovid)

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Epitope posted:

I think I'm going to join team "close the cspam covid thread." The virus is currently ripping through friends family and coworkers, and I'm tired of believing there's anything that can be done about it. Ignorance is bliss

best argument for closing the thread I’ve seen

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pingui posted:

Horseshoe theory of public health:

lol it’s mild and even if it’s not mild there’s nothing you can do just enjoy the loving Applebees why don’t you

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Chamale posted:

Went to a walk-in yesterday and they still had the sign saying "LET OUR STAFF KNOW IF YOU HAVE A COUGH AND HAVE TRAVELLED RECENTLY"

too much Covid fatigue to remove the outdated signs

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
toilet paper is so 2019. blast your cornhole with water til it’s clean

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pingui posted:

Shocking stuff.

of loving course they did. the flu literally disappeared! gone! none of it when we tried.

argh this isn’t good for my blood pressure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yeah Australia did it well for like what almost two years? and the openederup and immediately got destroyed haha

well at least they killed way less of their citizens per capita in the last 3 years