Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Kwolok posted:

Yeah just basically being able to bully the family and "loop" the family with high endurance builds gaming the I-frames and stamina system.

Ideally tcm should be a game where victims fear the family and while they may have the opportunity to occasionally fight back it should be risky and at great cost

My experience so far is that family members working together can kill pretty much whoever they want by locking them down and preventing them from using any loops, and the one shot bubba build seems to be getting a lot of traction now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Johnny has a very strong use that I think you guys are sleeping on. You absolutely cannot hide in a bush anywhere if he's looking for you, in any direction. I've lost countless matches because I was flushed into an area and managed to dodge two other killers by hiding around a corner in the dark or in a bush somewhere, but then Johnny comes along and ruins it because he can find my footprints and know exactly where I am. Even if he can't immediately catch me himself, the fact that he forces mebout into the open where other killers can also see me practically guarantees I die in situations like that, which are way more common than you'd think. Cook has to at least have a general idea of your location to find you and being behind him makes it a lot more complicated for him to find you, but that doesn't affect Johnny.

There aren't any scratch marks in this game so losing Killers is way easier as long as you have even a little bit of distance on them or there are a bunch of corners where they have to guess them where you went. That doesn't affect Johnny.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 28, 2023

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

100%. I know some people who only play in a group of five, rotating the role of killer. They love DBD, and can ignore all the dumb poo poo and drama in the community. It sounds like heaven.

I do this every week with some friends, we put our names in the spinner and spin the next person who gets to play killer until everybody has gone at least once. It's extremely awesome and I highly recommend it if you can find four other people to join you.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 1, 2023

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

I'm sure they'll nerfbat them down into some useless niche like usual soon enough.

Who else have they recently done that to that you feel it's "usual"?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Vanguard Warden posted:

Yeah, this is a particularly silly idea. It's sort of a running joke that the PTR only ever gets used for basic bug-catching or to hype up releases, because stuff that hits the PTR almost always hits the live servers afterward with minimal changes regardless of player feedback. When was the last time the devs cut something after bad reception to the PTR? I can literally only think of one thing and it's the base-kit unbreakable/finishing mori thing that was just busted.

The last few PTBs had a bunch of changes that came directly from player feedback.

There is plenty of legit things to poo poo on BHVR for, but you guys need to stop mindlessly doing it. They do actually care and are trying, even if they gently caress it up all the time.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

if you’re tired of getting flash lighted (flash lit?)may I recommend pyramid head and Knight. knight is 100% flashlight proof if you remember to drop a guard and pyramid head is always stoked to see two survivors in the same general area—if you feel like someone is gonna stun you can pretty easily turn it around on them with your special or you can protect yourself with your nasty ground button or you can skip hook phase entirely with Cage. i pretty much had to put my favorite killer, Pinhead, away because he’s so susceptible to getting chained, lol, by flashlights.

what are some other killers it’s impossible to bully?

FYI you can defeat flashlights completely by looking up or down if you have control of yourself, and facing a wall right before you pick up if you're worried about flashlight saves when picking up a survivor. Pinhead is not any more susceptible to being flashlight stunned than any other killer.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Lonjon posted:

I'd pay $10 for a Scoops Ahoy skin for my Demogorgon.

I don't even play demo and I'd still buy it.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Lonjon posted:

Empathic Connection helps bring other Survivors to you for healing. Self Care can help, since it lets you try for great checks on yourself. Also, Bite The Bullet can help you feel more confident about going for the great skill checks.

Bite the bullet and self-care/a medkit is also fantastic for galaxy brain plays on trying to lose the killer mid chase.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah, they had to rebuild the game from the ground up for mobile, so they leased out to a company that's good at that. They have different dev teams, event schedules, and creative teams (Mobile gets a bunch of cosmetics we don't, some of which are fantastic, though some of them feel a little 'cheap recolor' or generally less 'lore compliant' - that is to say, kinda outside of the scope of what that character might realistically wear).

They don't have every killer we do, and some licensed stuff is missing, I'm guessing partly due to rights issues. But they have a bunch of little features we don't, like being able to see your team's perks in the lobby (!!) or changing your mori animation. I think they also have constant bloodhunt-esque bonus events.

That said, the main DBD dev team does seem to be taking notice of some of DBD Mobile's more popular stuff that people have been complaining about not being present in the main game. That recent Feng Min halloween skin was actually ported over from mobile. Like rydiafan said, the visual terror radius indicator that you can optionally turn on (with the glowing heart in the character's chest) is actually a feature that originated on mobile, because when you're on mobile you're more likely to have lovely speakers/be playing in public where you can't have the theme jacked up or whatever, and they recreated it in the main game as an accessibility thing so deaf/HoH players wouldn't have to constantly have Stake Out/Spine Chill equipped.

I've heard the game is actually pretty good if you're into mobile gaming. I imagine it's most popular in countries like Japan where mobage is really big, especially considering how much time they spend on public transit. Japan has a surprisingly big DBD community in general and it's pretty awesome:

https://twitter.com/tori_si_ro/status/1697571754095571217
https://twitter.com/tori_si_ro/status/1705788516419227818
https://twitter.com/tori_si_ro/status/1666036188711628800
https://twitter.com/tori_si_ro/status/1682341565703004160

Holy poo poo those comics are amazing lol, thanks for posting those

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
In a perfect, just world, "mains" in DbD are eventually forced to play the other side they never touch and reach X rank or Y achievement, so that they can understand exactly how their actions feel to the other side.

Certainly wouldn't fix everything, or even much, but at the very least it would cut down on all the people who blindly play "efficiently" without truly understanding what it feels like to have that done to you. Survivor mains learning what it feels like to get Gen rushed or witnessing 4 BnPs, killer mains being on the receiving end of being tunneled or slugged when nobody has unbreakable, etc. Again, people will gladly do it anyway because plenty of the playerbase doesn't give a poo poo about how the other side feels, but I posit that there are plenty who would care if they at least knew what it felt like.

A man can dream.

In the meantime I'm going to go back to "accidentally" body blocking survivors who teabag killers at dropped pallets.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Vanguard Warden posted:

If an unhooked survivor body-blocks for the person who unhooked them so that I have to eat their endurance hit I totally tunnel that guy though, it's crazy when people accuse me of tunneling them off the hook in post-game chat after trying to stop me from chasing someone else.

As someone who does this regularly (and am completely ok with getting tunneled out as a result of doing that), I've seen that this interaction actually has a pretty fascinating set of behavior and reactions to it. The chill, never-tunnel killers generally maintain their stance and just let me run off, and the sweatier/efficient killers will immediately switch to me, as expected. But there seems to be a tiny window of 1 second after unhook where if I body block then, even the efficient killers won't switch to me. I'm wondering if that's being done out of respect, or because it's not a big enough loss of time, or both?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Iri anything is cool in concept, but it just doesn't work as a concept nowadays. They were balanced for back when seeing them was legitimately rare and both sides had incredibly overpowered things they could do with them.

Nowadays many of them just exist to make things much less fun for the other side but with an alarmingly high frequency with how much more blood points are in the game and how faster it is to get them. I don't want to say they need to be removed entirely, but the entire concept needs a rework, both for survivors and killers. (Outside of BNPs survivor iri's are generally trash and boring, and thus are bad for different reasons)

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

survivors get really mad when you smack their toys right out of their hands, huh

As a firm believer in equality, the only thing I'm mad about is the fact that there are no perks or items that let survivors do this to killers.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Mr. Locke posted:

What, flashlights/pallets/Head On knocking survivors out of the killers hands not good enough for ya?

Not that, let me knock off add-ons. Doesn't even have to be the killer weapon, just add-ons. Killer could still pick them up just like survivors can.

Would that be terrible and probably cause survivors to lose even harder because they're going for stuns they shouldn't? Absolutely. Would it likely not impact the match enough to even matter? Probably. Would a survivor get tunneled straight out of the match the very instant a killer even thinks the survivor has that perk/item? Definitely.

But I don't care, I want it anyway.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Am I the only one getting a lot more killers just shaking their head at me while they slug me/stare at me on the hook? I'm not very good at this game, nor do I do anything like head on abuse/flashlight clicking, whatever. I don't understand.

It happened to me in about 4 of the last 7 matches I played. I take it as an attempt to communicate to me and I either flap my arms back at them or mooncrawl away from them in response. Definitely happening more often than I normally see it though right now.

Also, am I hallucinating or did BHVR stealth update Nemesis? I went to use a syringe today and instead of the reused healing animation there was an actual syringe use animation with an appropriate sound and everything. Did I miss that in some patch notes or something?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

BrewingTea posted:

If each of the Survivors, individually, scours the entire map to find all of the generators, and then (without communication) agree 100% on the order they should be done, there's nothing the killer can do to stop them.

/s

You can easily tell who in the thread only plays killer and doesn't know how solo queue works at all. Hold on, let me just make sure my team of people who can't communicate with each other only does the correct gens at all times and don't three gen themselves.

e: completely their fault if they three gen themselves, they could have silently mind controlled their teammates into stopping at any time. Oh and the killer intentionally forcing a 3 gen? Impossible, never happens. And if it does happen it's the survivor's fault for not stopping the killer from doing it.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 14, 2023

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Buddy I play loving solo queue all the time, it’s really not that hard to realize when you’re in a potential 3-gen spot and simply… walk to a different generator.

There are even perks where their sole entire purpose is to warn you about the 3-gen when you spawn.

If you're actually trying to convince me that you play solo queue but you fail to consider what your teammates are actually going to be doing regardless of what you think is a good idea, then no you don't play it, or you most definitely aren't paying attention to anything but yourself and the killer. Like cool, you decided to not 3 gen yourself, unfortunately the rest of your team who isn't coordinating anything at all did whatever gens are safe for them to do did it anyway. You can choose what you're going to do, but you can't choose what your teammates are going to do and you can't even tell them what to do or avoid. A large population of the player base (on both sides)doesn't even know what the hell 3 genning is and many of the survivors who do know often can't do much about it because the killer either chases them off of the generators they're trying to switch to or their teammates are doing the wrong gens without even knowing it.

And I play killer too, you know what's even easier than just walking away from a potential three gen as a survivor? Walking towards survivors trying to do that as a killer. You know exactly where all seven gens are the moment the match starts, the survivors do not and are sure as hell not about to explore the entire map to try and memorize all seven gen locations, they're going to do them as they can. Find yourself a nice 3 gen as a killer and just walk towards anybody trying to do any of those three gens and watch as all the other gens pop without any further input on your part.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

New Bone Chill event is loving adorable. The snowballs are harmless and adorable fun and really cute. It's been very fun beaning other survivors with them. Some highlights:

Me and the killer throwing snowballs back and forth at each other over a pallet.

Chasing my SWF buddy around a generator and doing chase-esque double-double-double back mindgames, trying to get a clear line of sight to peg them with a snowball.

Running in after the killer downed someone, throwing a snowball at them, the killer pausing and turning to throw a snowball at me in return before picking up the body.

Throwing a snowball at Wraith's cloaked form.

My friend beaning the killer while he's in a chase, so he pauses to casually throw one back before resuming chase with me.

Refilling snowballs mid-chase, the killer politely waiting, so I also stood and waited while *he* refilled his snowballs in chase, then we started again.

Killer having me dead to rights, standing there for a second, both of us looking at each other, before he threw a snowball in my face and slapped me down.

Spectating a game with 2 survivors left, the killer and a survivor both in snowmen, slowly and ominously lurching toward the other survivor, who is so new that he's fleeing in genuine terror.

:kimchi:

I was busy tonight but I'm going to make some room for DbD because holy poo poo that sounds amazing. I love goofing around with the killer and vice versa when I'm the killer.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Vanguard Warden posted:

I believe the devs already said at some point that they had tried this in private builds and decided that it "wasn't fun". It certainly doesn't feel great as killer when survivors abuse 99% gates to stall the game trading hooks for 5 minutes until they can pull off a 4-man escape without needing to ever deal with the collapse timer or perks like Blood Warden, but it's not exactly new for the devs to act like killer players don't exist.

That being said, I'm wondering how viable it would be to give the killers the ability to damage exit gates similar to how they kick gens. They can already hit the gates to open them, so it shouldn't be too hard to code in the opposite. As far as I can tell it shouldn't be too crazy as survivors can just go to the other gate if a killer is trying to camp one of them, And it would at least let the killer put a stop to obvious 99'd gate shenanigans.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I'd be cool with loot boxes full of items/addons in the different bloodwebs to find. Hell make them come from secondary objectives/spawn in maps for free gen pressure/relief depending on which side you're on

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Honestly, anything besides "sit there doing nothing on a hook until somebody pulls you off" has my vote

E: trying too hard to win isn't mean. It's more so the fact that doing that also actively means Survivors don't get to play the game. Not have a bad time, but straight up do not get to play.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 17, 2024

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Good lord people get very rude when you slug them to death. For the crime of bringing multiple boil overs/breakouts/top tier flashlights. And an eyrie of crows offering. And repeatedly hanging out at the godawful main building. You shitheads knew exactly what you were doing.

I tried to hook one of them in the basement since it spawned in main and they wriggled out anyway. I only slug death'd the boil over users and the one that didn't bring it still got mad at me.

As pig, so they of course gave me poo poo for playing "one of the worst killers" also.

I get slugged and bled out semi-often, but I'm still trying to figure out the primary reason. I don't use boilover or anything like that, and if I'm not running unbreakable/power struggle, I commonly crawl myself towards the killer/nearest hook to make it easier for them to get it all over with. And yet, they often don't, they just pass over me as if I don't exist until they down my entire team, then vanish into the ether somewhere until everyone bleeds out or disconnects. Are they doing that just to be lovely or is there some sort of archive/challenge/daily that's encouraging that?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Her changes are terrible, she can't build condemned quickly, tvs still turn off, she has no chase power and she has a very loud lullaby so she can't stealth. Inserting a tape is still quick and you can just hold them now forever with no penalty. At this point I want them to explain exactly how they expect people to play her

E: they also technically nerfed pig since ambush attacks now remove stbfl stacks

Does lullaby loudness matter anymore? Survivors now have the heartbeat terror radius sensing feature and pretty much every streamer I watch turns it on.

E: Oh right I forgot, lullaby is not terror radius. Serves me right for never using the feature lol

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 25, 2024

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Nessus posted:

At a certain point, what's the point of having all these varied play styles if it's going to collapse down into this?

Luckily, a significant portion of the player base still plays to have fun. The varied play styles are for the people actually trying to enjoy the game.

Gen rushing survivors and tunneling killers aren't playing to have fun, they're playing to win, even at the cost of removing most of the gameplay and interactions from the match.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Yes. Which will be unplayable for me. I cannot deal with nightfall whatsoever.

I'm really glad BHVR is trying new things but this sounds like a horrendous nightmare for no benefit whatsoever for survivors and it's just going to send kill rates into the high 90s lol

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Nessus posted:

gently caress them survivors

Haha yeah gently caress them, those toxic assholes should just quit and killers can stab bots all day

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

New roadmap! Blight added to Killer Updates (NOT TWEAKS!) section! Genetic Limits, Adrenaline, This Is Not Happening, Distressing, added to perk updates! Haddonfield update!

Another haddonfield update? What's wrong with the current rework? The horrible 3 gens and the punishing main building?

Also please God don't tell me DS is being nerfed again, it's already so incredibly bad

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So Blight's gonna be nerfed to poo poo, huh?

We can only hope. Him and nurse are suffocating killer perk design, so many killer perks had/have to be neutered because they exist.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 30, 2024

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Lonjon posted:

If I'm reading this right, in a game that has Ruin, Survivors can start the game by tapping a generator 8 times. This will cause 8 generator regression events on that generator, preventing Ruin from working and preventing the Killer from kicking that generator for the rest of the match. Is that how it's really going to work?

IIRC a gen has to lose at least 2.5% at once to count as a regression event, so ruin is immune

E: oh wait, they deleted gen tapping, to stop regression you have to repair a gen for 5% now

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 30, 2024

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

Hah, I was right about no items.

Sort of.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Kwolok posted:

What you don't like tunnelling/proxying?

Most of the new billys I've seen haven't figured out the addon combo yet so they're fairly normal matches, but to date, every single billy who's used the combo has gotten a 4K while tunneling straight off the hook. I'm even using DS and DH, but it means little since he can erase any distance you get so easily.

I'm glad Billy isn't poo poo anymore but they really need to nerf to cooldown on miss. The tunneling off hook sucks but what makes it feel so lovely is that there's literally nothing you can do about it, there's no way to outplay it.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I'm stuck at work so I can't watch, but here's otz streaming it for anyone interested:

https://www.twitch.tv/Otzdarva

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Kwolok posted:

Lights out solo queue is loving terrible

Why?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

It's all the disadvantages of solo queue + no perks to make up for it + no visibility so it's even harder to coordinate with your team + the mode is just dogshit in general.

No perks/coordination won't affect my play style but what makes the mode dogshit in general?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
That sadako buff to her manifesting speed should make starting chases feel a fair bit nicer.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

Hahahaha watching LilithOmen play Blight, Compound 33 is quite possibly the worst add on in the game now.

I strongly doubt that, considering how many incredibly bad and outright harmful add-ons some killers have

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

Upon watching it more he was using it with Shredded Notes, so only had one Rush token (both reduce them), which meant he literally could not Lethal Rush.

Holy loving lol. Basically the new Burger King Meyers

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

this owns so hard

also do people still DC the instant they see a skull merchant drone? i like the way she plays but if folks are still scarred from pre-rework i won't add to it

Not that I could see, the few skull merchants I ran into, everybody played out the full match without issue.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Am I looking at that thing wrong? Would it not be of no real help since a survivor that's far enough away to actually fit in that thing is already outside of your range anyway?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Would be willing to put money on SM being that high because of disconnects or hook suicides. Genuinely surprised Freddy is that high.

Top 10 perks are not surprising in the least, extra lol at WoO still being #1.

For what it's worth, they specifically don't count any matches that had a disconnect for kill rates

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Holy poo poo they're finally doing the bloodweb change everyone was asking for, being able to autobuy on any char after you hit prestige 1 on anyone.

E: those huntress buffs look intense