Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mebh posted:

Lol, tory Lab coalition next gov. Calling it now.

how refreshing, another tory government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Dead Goon posted:

What was wrong with Steve Irwin?

heart problem

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It is absolutely clear that taxpayers up and down the country want to stop the wokeness, ban dangerous dogs and get back to naming them the "n" word like we did in the war

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Missing the ring

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Beefeater1980 posted:

I didn’t read the thread for a few days and then I read about Camrath and now I’m feeling sad :( RIP to a good goon.

wait what the gently caress

i missed this

RIP man. :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:golfclap:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Remember when the bin man would come right into your yard and collect your bin.

20 minutes after the milk man had come right into your yard and left something in it.

Simpler times.

mr t was right?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The method by which words achieve cromulence is truly fascinating.

you're literally right

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tgRXfNFsIM

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Minister for spider-men.

typical spider-men, out there enacting cultural genocide on us man-spiders

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

sinky posted:

The cities are just housing estates. All shops are located at retail parks at least 30 miles away and have 20,000 parking spaces. There is one bus per day.

This is the America model. Make it so rich people can live far away from poorer people and there are no public transport links between the two.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Gonna get homeopathically shitfaced rn by dissolving a shot of vodka in 2 litres of tapwater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnRUp9qVZ0

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
a 'breaking news' headline in 2023

:ughh:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

wait did a right wing person unironically use the "so much for the tolerant left" meme

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Endjinneer posted:

That fudge helped me through lockdown.

:rip:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Skarsnik posted:

'Dont be a oval office'

oh so now you're not even allowed to be a oval office in the oval office thread

unbelievable

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol your ignore list will be the least of your worries pal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioP3ueBjNFo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
feels bad man

:rip:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

A poo poo just being shat out over and over again

:britain:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

If you're sad about I-P just remember that there's a third way

hashtag China Gay

saving energy for a different I/P conflict

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Going to try and put a little bit of happiness out into the world at the moment, but my girlfriend said yes and we are now Fiancé's!

Hey that's awesome mate. Congrats!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

D:Ream recording a new version of Things Can Only Remain As They Currently Are

I don't like what you're doing
    You'd better get out of here
    Or I'll fine you

/

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Kay does definitely have a two-face situation going on where she can be properly good or loving pathetic. I guess it's like a knock-off version of Jeremy Paxo where his attack dog style of interview is great on those that deserve it but comes across as unhinged when it's someone who doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07sWzYObnk

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jakabite posted:

HELLO THREAD, RESIDENT GOOFY CHAP JAKABITE HERE WITH SOME GREAT NEWS

As some of you may know I’ve had a protest related case against me for about 4 years now and was due to go on trial in March next year, with a potential if convicted to be going to prison for a bit of time. It was a vindictively handled case obviously designed to intimidate.

AND ITS JUST BEEN DROPPED BY THE CPS

SUCK MY ARSEHOLE AND SWEATY BALLS YOU loving PIG CUNTS

WAHOOOOOOOOO

:yeah:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
wait, this isn't the uncomfortable konversations mega thread?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/FullFact/status/1717156470138044540

"If you ignore 50% of the crimes, then crime stats are down by 50%"

:allears:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Wachter posted:

In a bizarre stroke of luck, due to the government's incompetence, cryptosporidium is the kind of crypto it has been investing in, and this is a huge boost for the UK economy. Unfortunately it does mean that all business is now transacted by squirting hot jets of liquid shite into each other's---

cruelty squad: now uk government policy

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Angepain posted:

i guess if all rich people did this all the time then trickle down economics might start working slightly

in ye olde days, some thought the earth was a living god which must be ritually fed through human sacrifice on the battlefield, so the blood and bonemeal could 'trickle down' through the earth and into the living core. thus began the tenets of conservatism

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

100% this. And thank you to those who are attending, from someone who really wants to be there but can't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2yqeD0Nus

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I am absolutely gobsmacked you're all debating whether 'maybe Hitler was right' is even punishable. It should be a perma. Someone who's willing to say that, even insincerely, should not be welcome, ever, and the idea that removing them from the forum is considered 'performative' sickens me. For crying out loud

:hmmyes: zero tolerance for nazis

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rumda posted:

Seriously just loving drop it there are much more bigger windmills to tilt at

unironically drawing a line here.

you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to the nazis".

there is no space for discussion in which this is not unanimously agreed.

:getout: if you don't think it's important

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mebh posted:

I think this is it. Cameron in a GE with a load of moderate policies. It's gonna tear the country in half...again.

it's like if the final episode of black mirror was secretly a sequel to the first one, and the pm has to gently caress another pig for the good of the country

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Danny Dyer iirc

Its a toss up between that and the "can't believe it's been XX years since them slags blew up the twin towers" tweet for top dyerlogue

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

poverty update: oval office considers huts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

mediaphage posted:

i’ve started noticing profiles of american conservative catholics say things like the pope isn’t the seat of true catholicism (because he too woke)

hmm, wonder what could have caused this

https://apnews.com/article/pope-tyler-bishop-strickland-removed-0f9f0be7d5938b36d6e7ead8c33e5150

quote:

ROME (AP) — Pope Francis on Saturday ordered the removal of the bishop of Tyler, Texas, a conservative prelate active on social media who has been a fierce critic of the pontiff and has come to symbolize the polarization within the U.S. Catholic hierarchy.

A one-line statement from the Vatican said Francis had “relieved” Bishop Joseph Strickland of the pastoral governance of Tyler and appointed the bishop of Austin as the temporary administrator.

Strickland, 65, has emerged as a leading critic of Francis, accusing him in a tweet earlier this year of “undermining the deposit of faith.” He has been particularly critical of Francis’ recent meeting on the future of the Catholic Church during which hot-button issues were discussed, including ways to better welcome LGBTQ+ Catholics.

quote:

His firing sparked an immediate outcry among some conservatives and traditionalists who had held up Strickland as a leading point of Catholic reference to counter Francis’ progressive reforms. Michael J. Matt, editor of the traditionalist newspaper The Remnant, wrote that with the firing, Francis was “actively trying to bury fidelity to the Church of Jesus Christ.”

“This is total war,” Matt wrote on X, formerly Twitter. “Francis is a clear and present danger not only to Catholics the world over but also to the whole world itself.”

quote:

The Vatican asked Strickland to resign Thursday, but he declined, prompting Francis to remove him from office two days later, DiNardo’s statement said.

oh yeah