Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Dogs are extinct in Starfield 0/10 0/10 0/100

what the gently caress.

what the gently caress is this bethesda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

EightFlyingCars posted:

i'm calling out whoever wrote the poll, bugs are NOT gross!!!!!

misty wrote the drat poll

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have finished all endings of ac6. it's really, really good.

also i now have 10 completed games on my goty list. will there be more? only time will tell...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i resubbed to gamepass but whoops starfield isn't out til tomorrow.

i added all these games to the Play Later list and now i don't know what i'm going to play tonight.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think mantis shrimp look like they're from the 80s no matter what decade they're in

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Isn't that just Mortal Kombat

no that comes out on the 19th

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

instead of playing anything tonight i watched another video about the Cats movie, rewatched more Worthikids, and this excellent dark souls 2 top gear episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FigIAAYHoW8

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

What was the consensus on Dredge? Been playing it at work and I'm kinda, yeah I like it on the whole but it's not quite what I was hoping somehow, maybe like the lovecraft stuff feels kinda unoriginal for 2023?? I'm in what I assume is the last section of the game and the tasks required of me are kinda boring too, not necessarily grindy but still time-consuming and easy

yeah it wasn't quite as deep as i was hoping, i did like seeing all the hosed up mutant fish though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hang on what games are even releasing in October that they want to "avoid"

the only one i'm aware of is Lords of the Fallen

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oh my god i thought it WAS Alan Wake 2 that was getting delayed lmao

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

what is the difference between Alone in the Dark and Alan Wake

in my brain they might as well be Alone in the Wake and Alan Dark there is no difference

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think i prefer Are You Afraid of the Dark

also

https://twitter.com/JackNguyenArt/status/1699086545226227737?s=20
:allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

played some starfield, made my character (who is was a chef, and a worshiper of the Great Serpent from the mean streets of Neon City, whatever that means) with a horrible hosed up face covered in scars from what i can only assume was a horrible grease fire incident but whatever did happen she's got a bounty on her head and now she's off in the middle of nowhere stabbing pirates and spiky alien creatures with a knife

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think i am going to stop playing Starfield. i only got about 7.5 hours in, but i started looking up a few things about how stuff works and that basically killed all motivation i had to keep going. item storage is apparently an even worse headache than it is in No Man's Sky, the skill system is backwards and frustrating, and frankly there's literally nothing about the setting that interests me whatsoever.

if i want a space game i would rather be playing NMS. if i want a go anywhere do anything bethesda game i would rather be playing Skyrim. at least in skyrim i can be a wizard.

i'm glad i decided to try it out on gamepass instead of buying it directly. so now instead of that i am going to try out Sea of Stars. we'll see which star game has better star... power...?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've also played Against the Storm and whaddaya know it's pretty good

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

actually i think i'm going to start a new NMS playthrough because apparently you can be a wizard now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2YqU-_GtA

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I assume you mean assembling a support crew of magic users

a wizard's staff has a knob on the end

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

do people think the shooting in starfield is good

i don't play gun games enough to know what good shooting is actually like.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sirtommygunn posted:

Good shooting is when you click the button once and 15 people in front of you explode into a fountain of red mist and meat chunks.

ah. so like when a high level Krieg in BL2 swings his axe at someone's head. got it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

Mm, no, not quite. Borderlands in general is not really a good example of an FPS that feels satisfying to play, partly due to the nature of it being meshed so heavily with RPG conceits. It's still fun mind you, but it's fun for how ridiculous it is rather than feeling satisfying imo (I have played all four for reference)

the joke is that i didn't like shooting in BL2 either, and quit playing it until Krieg came out, and then my primary way of killing people was hitting them with an axe, which is extremely satisfying

i have played Destiny 2 quite a bit, and thats probably the most shooting ive done in any game. i don't have enough points of reference to say whether it's good or not, and i quit playing when they decided to take away my favorite guns to force me to grind new ones.

i have also played Darktide but only as Ogryn so i don't know if that really counts

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i didn't even know there was a gargoyles game!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYUJXoWh1yg

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

no man's sky is a very comfy game, for me

i like that i can repurchase the rainbow jetpack trail that i had bought in my other save for free. that's nice

i think my favorite thing is when you're hanging out in the hub and people just give you random items for free. like stuff worth hundreds of millions, or some weed

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah thats how you get your first freighter lol

freighters are great it's a home base you can drag along with you throughout the universe

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

:same:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

love to finally get to see some planets other players discovered first

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah i can only assume those are all games with characters like Senator Armstrong whom they totally agree with

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Video games are dead

no! he didn't get to play Ghost Trick yet!!!! :negative:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm willing to pay twenty cents to post my robot space wizard that i finally managed to unlock

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

guess Monster Hunter World 2 will be announced somewhere else?

almost certainly not until the game awards

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

If it's releasing by the end of March next year, December is probably too late for an announcement. I guess Capcom's big unannounced title for the current fiscal year could be DMC6, or a new/revived IP that they have unrealistically high expectations for, we'll see

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1684092527006355456

i dont think a studio of 22 people is the one working on MHW2

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i made a new friend

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i unlocked more robot parts and am now an even cooler looking robot wizard

also i have another friend who is a very big beetle who carries me very fast across planets

look at his lil face. he's so cute. also he's huge. i love how huge he is

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

finally, what everyone was asking for: league of legends' own stardew valley clone

this actually looks cute and kinda neat. also i never realized Corki was a yordle.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

happy birthday!!! :toot:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

MajorBonnet posted:

This is maybe a weird gripe, but I was turned off of Immortals by the player's hand constantly being held out. I'm not even sure why I find that so off-putting, but I hate it.

i assume it's supposed to evoke the Gun Aesthetic because you're just firing guns reskinned to look like magic. it's dumb. guns are dumb.

like even this game, which would otherwise look cool as heck, looks really dumb to me because the magic wands are attached to gun grips and poo poo. stop it!! it's dumb!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgz6xzsle0o

i hate the gun aesthetic so much.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm looking forward to trying it out, but i gotta finish this heckin No Man's Sky expedition first

i can kind of see the appeal of these in the long run, but starting one up (which basically makes you go through most of the early game progression on a fresh character, reminds me of a new path of exile league with unique rewards) after having just started up a new character already is pretty draining

still, i'm having fun. i spent my quicksilver on a new head cosmetic and now i'm a cool shark

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Having to decide between Lies of P or Sekiro on sale

Lies of P is on the Game of Pass

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

(i'm reposting this from chickenheart's twitter and no one can stop me)

https://twitter.com/ManuelaXibanya/status/1703855244851961991

(oh god, if you use the "copy link" button on twitter it gives you the url as x.com instead of twitter.com and it doesn't embed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i did it!

i'm really glad i found that video with coordinates to planets with the rare creatures i needed that people had already found weeks ago! now i can play that other game!