Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like getting drunk and having popcorn at night and when I run out of microwave popcorn I use my air popper.

That silicone popcorn bowl earlier just went on my Amazon wishlist. That could be a game changer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

isaboo posted:

for pro popcorn, get a Whirley Pop, Flavacol, and butter flavored coconut oil

I use Flavacol of course and also a flavored white cheddar seasoning. To get it to stick, a few years ago I read to use cooking spray and that's what I do when it's coming out of the popper. A tiny sprits of butter flavored cooking spray, dusting of flavacol, shake and spin the bowl while more is coming out and continue.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

For those of you in cold weather areas, put a small space heater in your bathroom.

Turn it on 15 minutes before you take a shower. Everything is nice and warm when you finally hop in and more importantly, hop out.

I do this every winter and have a little one sitting up in a cupboard where I keep my towels (not plugged in of course).

I hate getting wet and I hate getting wet and cold much more.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jelly posted:

Yeah it's basically a space heater built into the wall, just for the bathroom. I had never seen it before either.

My parents have this in their house. Looks like a normal bathroom fan but has two switches. One to vent, and one to blow hot air down.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Are you guys janitors or the A/V guy at a middle school?

Who keeps their keys outside of their pockets?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
*shink* *shink* *shink* *shink* *shink*

Oh god, Mr. A/V guy is walking down the hallway again. It's 1995 and I'm in my classroom. Everyone knows when he's coming because....

*shink* *shink* *shink* *shink* *shink*

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Three Olives posted:

One of the greatest moments of my life was getting a car that uses my phone as a key and officially getting rid of carrying any keys daily.

What if your phone dies?

Like, you drop it 3 feet and it smashes apart? Or the battery just runs out?

A single key is much much much smaller and lighter than a smart phone.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Here's a very long story of Glenn Howerton describing Tesla phone bullshit.

https://jalopnik.com/dennis-from-al...%20drive%20off.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxud-F_kMWM&t=232s

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Three Olives posted:

A hidden capacitive keypad lights up on the door, you enter a code, when you get into the car it says no key detected and asks you to enter an alpha-numeric passcode on the center screen and the car starts.

I'm not a luddite in the least bit, but loving christ I hate the future of cars.

Do you have a paid subscription for your seat warmers?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dick Fontaine posted:

can’t stand that jingle-jangle. gotta have my stuff stowed and silenced and not all bunched up or i get real weird and anxious

the chudabiner solves these issues like so:

also keeps my yubikeys from getting all linty

Well that I can get on board with. It seems like an easier way to pull your keys out of your pocket.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500excf type r posted:

My home doesn't have locks on it and my car can be stolen with a USB stick but crime isnt really a thing here so I guess I need an idontcarabiner

Not everyone lives in Canada.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500excf type r posted:

I live in Connecticut, aren't you in Wisconsin? Talk about being a Canadian

I've been swinging and missing on a few lot of jokes lately.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crystal Thenis posted:

insulated* mugs own if you drink a lot of tea

i always leave them around getting cold so this thing has just made life so nice and easy. pretty much always warm tea, even when I’ve left on the side for 30 mins while I space out on something.

Edit lolz

I have the same one in blue. It keeps my coffee/tea hot for probably over an hour.

Although the inside is permanently stained with coffee.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crystal Thenis posted:

for my reusables the best tip learnt is get yourself a 100 pack of dental cleaners, the little fizzy foaming tablets. the first time I dropped one into my tea flask it removed a 3 year build up of stains like nothing. super cheap and super easy. usually do it once every week with my tea flask and once a month for water ones.

Hey that's a great idea! I have some old tablets from when I wore one of those molded teeth grinding protectors when I slept.

I'm gonna try it out!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crystal Thenis posted:

for my reusables the best tip learnt is get yourself a 100 pack of dental cleaners, the little fizzy foaming tablets. the first time I dropped one into my tea flask it removed a 3 year build up of stains like nothing. super cheap and super easy. usually do it once every week with my tea flask and once a month for water ones.

This worked way better than I expected. There is some serious poo poo going on around the rim but the bottom almost looks like stainless steel now.

Thx homie.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mons Hubris posted:

I was resistant to getting an air fryer because I have a convection oven but honestly it’s worth it just to be able to preheat the thing in 4 minutes. This may not be worth it for you if you don’t have a toddler.

Yeah, in my case they were nothing alike. I've had a convection toaster oven for 8 years and the "convection" basically just recirculates the air to keep everything even. I thought air fryers were so dumb because I've just never seen one used before.

I got an air fryer maybe a year or so ago and it sounds like a jet turbine. It cooks things WAY faster. I honestly don't use it very often but then again I haven't been doing much cooking lately.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Guys, this is pretty lame tbh. His kitchen is far cleaner than mine.

There are many other things to make fun of Three Olives for.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
When I was a kid my parents had me pick up the dog poop with a folding shovel with a broken off handle so basically just a small shovel head with a place to grab onto it.

I don't recommend that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Do you keep this portable bidet in your pocket, sir? Or perhaps you carry it around in a lockable briefcase?

When I was into watching backpacking videos a year or so ago I saw that they have a bidet attachment for water bottles.