Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been messing around on Mercury :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Which Mass Effect game is that

Not mass effect, this is Starfield.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Had a day off work and played a number of different games yesterday.
Video gaming is a pretty fantastic way to pass the time.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I've been on a virtual training course so far this week from 7am to 11am so I've been doing it from home and let me tell you it's pretty awesome to play video games all morning before going into work for a few hours in the afternoon :D

High Five! I now have mondays as holiday days for a bit, so every Monday will be 'I mess around playing video games days'

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Been playing SaGa Scarlet Grace and having the absolute time of my life. Can't wait for you to play a SaGa game on stream!!

Saga Frontier Remastered is the one to start with, yeah?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I played some Wo Long tonight and I am finding it a lot more accesssible for me than Nioh. The deflection skill makes me feel pretty godlike and I have less things to manage when fighting.

I am on the second mission with the Akira Horse Slide Guy and just got to the big boss who pancaked me immediately. I gotta learn the timings!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kerrzhe posted:

how dare you play cool games offstream

Oh no! I can always shelve it till later! I have so many games to play that there is always something to do offline :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vermain posted:

nioh is a fun set of games but it's also deeply, deeply impenetrable because of team ninja's love of Systems. most of the core mechanics are comprehensible from the jump, but then it lobs, like, 4 different progression systems at you at once, and that's too overwhelming even for a nuts-and-bolts kinda guy like me

wo long was their attempt to make their third person ARPG formula more broadly accessible, and i think they did a drat fine job. it'd probably be my GotY if BG3 hadn't come out, but it's still an excellent pickup regardless

Owl Inspector posted:

Yeah wo long is a lot more comprehensible than nioh, maybe almost too simplified as you really can get through most of the game with just the two basic attack buttons and deflects, but it’s a pretty solid action game with razor sharp controls and great feel

Also try stranger of paradise if you liked the idea of nioh but found it too overwhelming, SOP is much more approachable than nioh while still having more going on than dark souls with a lot of cool classes to try out.

Yeah, the three different stances and ki pulsing and switching weapons all having to interact at once was a real struggle for me to do. My brain could not hack it. In Nioh 1 I got to the lady who paralyses you and could not go any further, and in Nioh 2 I got to that part where the Oni appears and locks you down and could not beat him. I was doing so little damage that after ten or so minutes I would slip up and be killed in two shots. I assume because it was so close to the start that I was doing something wrong in the way I was playing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Been playing Super Mario 3D world and all I have left to do is Champions Road and the little box house with 30 stars in a row.
This is probably the toughest a mario game has been for me!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Morpheus posted:

gently caress this got me laughing for like a minute straight, I am way too tired this morning

Edit: Oh yeah why are there so many Video Games (the poster, not the, you know, thing), did Veeg have a crisis on infinite earths moment.

I have been a bit cheeky :twisted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Video Games Thx posted:

The worse part of sekiro for me (a game i love btw) is the rival fight at the top of the castle midway through the game, his final phase introduces the lightning mechanic, I think you might get a tutorial popup about it earlier in the stage but no chance to see it in action or practice it.

This moment is my only real godlike moment in gaming. The very first time I ever reached it, after an hour or two on the first two phases, I proceeded to then do everything right. Did two lightning reversals, did not use any healing and did not get hit. It remains one of my all time moments in gaming :)

Champions Road, once I win, will be that. I spent 3 hours on it last night. Managed to consistently get to the speed boost fire bar area. It is probably the most difficult level I have ever played in a video game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Today I managed to beat Champion's Road.
It took 5 and a half hours and 319 deaths. :D One of my greatest accomplishments!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kerrzhe posted:

aw i missed it cause i was too depressed to wake up

good job

I really hope you are feeling better.

I then, right after, played through and 100%ed Bowser's Fury. It took me the same length of time that Champion's Road did. Good lord!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Dang I really want to play Bowser's Fury but I don't want to spend $60 re-buying SM3DW right when Wonder is coming out.

Maybe my library has it idk

Bowser's Fury was absolutely brilliant. It was like a modern version of Mario Sunshine, which I am incredibly fond of.

I think my favourite style of 3D mario is the one where you have a set level that you keep entering and it changes slightly each time - like 64 and Sunshine.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have about 60 hours in starfield so far. It has really grabbed me. Today I got into a dogfight in orbit around a space station which was quite hairy. I tried to hail the space station but there was no answer so I went and docked with it.

It was overrun with pirates and the gravity was broken so every thirty seconds the generator would shut down and everything would float. Then it would turn on and we would all drop back down. Shooting in zero grab made all of us zip about into walls and corners and the ceiling.

To get back out I also had to go through some turbine engines that would turn off during the bouts of zero gravity and then switch on again once the engines came back.

It was a really excellent little diversion. I am a huge fan of starfield. Exactly my kind of game. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Whenever someone brings up something amazing Portal 2 does it just reinforces my love for it. It truly is my pinnacle of gaming.