Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Perhaps foolishly, I thought based on the preseason that we were done with the whole "have Rudy try to post up instead of the things he's actually good at," but I guess not yet. Early days yet, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
It takes a really spectacularly lovely performance to make people wonder if your coach is making it to the All-Star Game after Game 3, but boy howdy, they sure managed it.

Also, don't let his boxscore fool you - Ant played like dogshit in the second half.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

DC Murderverse posted:

Is there anyone who’s a full -10 on both the Dawg and Boy Nice scales? Like someone who is totally unclutch and also a real dick about it

Laettner

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
KAT missed some bunnies and had a bad whistle even by his standards but he played solid team defense. They're going to need all that and more when the Celtics come to town.

In conclusion, NAZ REID.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'll be at the game. :)

So will I. I was at this one, too. I've got a 10-game pack I share with family. It's the primary way I stay in touch with my folks.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Shear Modulus posted:

Wemby was one ping pong ball away from being stuck in this hell lol

Someone please free Tyus Jones from this prison. I like him too much to see him here.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The exciting thing is, given that it is not terribly likely that Towns has suddenly become a sub-20% three point shooter, it is quite probable that this team improves as the year progresses.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

tanglewood1420 posted:

If Minny moves KAT they need a better shooter than Siakam coming back. Gobert, Siakam, McDaniel would be the worst jump shooting frontcourt in the league. With Kyle Anderson coming off the bench to make it even worse.

This is all coming down to the fact that he's just started the year with a string of bad shooting nights. If he otherwise remains the same player and is shooting close to his career norms, they don't really have any complaints. He does not need to carry the weight of the entire team on his shoulders anymore.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Best vibes in Minneapolis for a seven-game stretch since 2004? Discuss.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

fart simpson posted:

/

Yes, we can all agree that NAZ REID.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

surf rock posted:

Alright, I'm now confident that Detroit's just gonna be a lottery team again. All I heard earlier this year was that the 2024 draft was gonna loving blow and that it was full of scrubs. Like, how bad are we talking? No likely stars but good starters? Rotation guys? My esport is dead and the Packers are bad and the Red Wings are inconsistent and the Tigers suck and the Wolverines are gonna get banned from the playoffs and I need somewhere to put my sports hope

I mean, you never know with the draft. They said the 2020 draft was gonna be bad, too. Meanwhile they said the top of the 2014 draft was gonna be transcendent, and the best guy from that class got drafted during a Taco Bell commercial.

Are you from the U.P.? I don't follow college hockey. Is NMU any good this year?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am howling for the wolves this year. If only my league pass didn't black them out.

A good VPN will fix that but good. Plus I got League Pass free with my 10-game ticket pack.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is league pass not as aggressive at cancelling you if they detect VPNs? I know the MLB.TV app was super aggro about that.

Haven't had a problem so far, though it may be worth looking into this from someone other than a rando at Something Awful Dot Com before taking any kind of risk.

I'm sure as poo poo not giving any money to Bally, though.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Lockback posted:

I will be insufferable about the importance of the tourny if the wolves win the first one of them.

Weeeee are a champion, weeeee are a champion, noooo time to explain, 'cause weeee are a chaaaampiooon...of a thiiiiiiiiing

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
*me, with a trollface grin*

Steph deserves better than the team he's on. It's a shame to see him languishing on a poverty franchise. He should be traded to a big-market contender for two firsts and some rotational pieces.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Ghost Dog posted:

two firsts? for the guy who couldnt out duel lonnie walker?

Steep, I know, but it's a contender we're talking about - they'll be LATE firsts.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Golden State's primary key to unlocking Wiggins was that they stopped asking him to do things he's bad at, like dribbling. He became a 3-and-D guy and that worked out great as long as there was a great team around him, which there, uh, might not be anymore. He's a solid enough player and I harbor no ill will towards him. I really don't think much about him at all, to be honest.

That being said, I will never forget when I was in the building for the game against the Bulls where he went 0-1-1 on 0/12 shooting in one of the most hilariously poo poo performances I have ever seen. The rebound was a bunny and the assist should not have been credited. The Wolves won anyway.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Squinky v2.0 posted:

From Windhorst and the Tims podcast - the clippers starters have an offensive rating of 87 since the harden trade

I knew it was bad but that’s much worse than I would have guessed. On any given night, one of them will shoot 25% overall on high volume.

The 10-win Process Sixers team had an O-rating of 98.8. The Bulls the year after Jordan left were 92.4. The lowest rating of all time belongs to the 02-03 Denver Nuggets at 92.2.

I am loving VIBRATING right now.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

hahaha yes

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1724663342042603866

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Gobert dug a tunnel under his neck and was using it as a terrorist command center.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I don't know, you guys, the new evidence looks super compelling.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

a new study bible! posted:

Pat Bev called out Kat for not supporting Gobert, and I’m glad that someone is saying it. It was weird that he was over to the side coddling Klay and Draymond.

With the whistle he gets, the refs would've sent him to Gitmo if he were anywhere near it. I don't blame him.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

dokmo posted:

presenting a list of players nobody's heard of who have played nba minutes this season

Onuralp Bitim
Leaky Black
Malcolm Cazalon
Markquis Nowell
Kaiser Gates
Jeenathan Williams

jeenathan

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
"Jeenathan" is what Gene Ween's name is short for.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bulls attempt to tank but end up picking 10th because they inadvertently unleash basketball superstar onrualp bitim

it'll work if they pair him in the backcourt with etaoin shrdlu

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Aye Doc posted:

its just good marketing

this guy got the right idea:

https://twitter.com/GSWReddit/status/1725257178683170862

If Lakers fans have any pride they'll refuse to take these dweebs back after Steph retires.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Lockback posted:

The fact that they had to claw back against a decimated GSW and NOP team (that was also on the 2nd night of a B2B) is not a great sign.

Fixable but they need to figure it out.

counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/ShahbazMKhan/status/1726066012418941152

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1726805434877747418

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Paracaidas posted:

Wolves running it up against the Knicks is nice to see, gently caress Thibs, etc.

Really curious to see how this team handles a three or four game losing streak. Are the vibes durable? Does the mentality survive adversity?

My hunch is they're a year away from handling that well, but they've been a year away from a year away for like a decade so I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth.

The Atlanta loss was worth three or four losses on its own. They handled that well.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

joe football posted:

Have watched a few spurs games due to wembanyama this year and have got the impression that spurs fans are actually pretty unenthused at being terrible despite winning the lottery

So not surprised coach scolding did not work on them

wow, he really is a democrat

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Tae posted:

Does Adam Silver know about their brazillian social media, they are getting more unhinged

https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1727528070821605502?t=5pCoueed2vl5ANtUxbzi3w&s=19

They are not affiliated with the team in any way, and make that clear in their bio. Nothing he could do even if Xhitter weren't a cesspool.

Mind you, the T-Wolves Brazil account is one of the only good things left on that site.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

kingcobweb posted:

Municipal sports team ownership imo.

Teams owned by the players, coaches, and other workers, tbh.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1730425608985805278

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The thing the Wolves needed most of all was a better point guard than DLo, which they have now. There might be some speculation as to whether a second (if less effective) defensive big man could have been acquired more cheaply while also allowing them to fill out other needs. Even with Conley now on the roster they're still kind of wanting for a bench scorer who can create off the dribble and in ISO situations when Ant is out. It'd break my heart if they had to trade Naz Reid for help in that department.

But the case for "trading for Rudy was not the optimal move" is nowhere near as strong as it was last year.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

temple posted:

Payton Pritchard for Naz Reid. Thank me later

counteroffer: you fall into an open manhole and die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Tatum with a literal dril tweet: