Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

syntaxfunction posted:

Everyone I've talked to who seems to love it also seemed to live a very idealistic childhood tbh.

My childhood sucked. Goonies is great. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

BattyKiara posted:

I will never understand why people like ABBA. I find absolutely nothing redeeming in their music or anything else about them. May I never hear their music, including cover versions, ever again.

ABBA had one good song (Take a Chance On Me), a few OK songs (Dancing Queen, Waterloo, Fernando), and a whole pile of forgettable trash.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I remember thinking Bioshock Infinite was fine, until I got to the end and had no loving idea what was going on (didn't play the others).

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I'm partial to George C. Scott's Scrooge myself.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

mweber posted:

The following things are garbage:

The Shawshank Redemption
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Anything Stephen King has written that isn’t Salem’s Lot
Stanley Kubrick
Ed Norton
Bob Dylan
John Lennon
Paul McCartney

You are objectively wrong about two of these. I'll let you figure out which.

Jimi Henrix is possibly the most overrated musician of all time though.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Teenagers in the 70s liked KISS because the adults hated them. "Knights In Satan's Service" and all that.

I suppose the people that still like them are coasting on nostalgia.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

GolfHole posted:

dan akroyd isnt funny

He *was* funny. Now he's nutty about space aliens.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The thing about C&H is that reading it as a daily comic strip was delightful, but I have the complete collection, and if you binge read it, Calvin comes across more as an annoying little poo poo with ADHD.

But as people have said, the artwork was great, and Watterson gets a ton of respect from me for ending the strip on his own terms and not letting it turn into a zombie, and the final strip was the perfect sendoff.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The best western is High Plains Drifter.

Except for the rape scene.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Procedural crime dramas peaked at Jonathan CreekColumbo.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I don't *hate* it, but I don't find The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy nearly as funny as other people apparently do.

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe is funnier.

The rest of them are blah.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
RLM was mostly positive on Marvel through GotG 3, but they were always pretty down on DC and who can blame them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

GolfHole posted:

pretty much all lyrics to every song are dumb as hell and its amazing people aren't embarrassed to be singing them

Except for Baby Got Back of course.