Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

that's the scapeGOAT for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Punk is an absolute muppet who in reality shouldn't have "won" the situation, but I can absolutely see why he and his fans feel smug after that segment.

"Who are you gonna believe, me or you lying eyes?" - soda sippers after watching workplace assault vids

C. Everett Koop posted:

If you like Sid you have no reason not to like Jade.

Sid was a clumsy doofus who also seemed enthusiastic about whatever he was doing. Watching him ham it up over a compacted car, or pushing through a promo he just messed up, it's all very endearing. Plus when he does get it right, you get fun moments like Survivor Series 1996.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
more like TimeCope

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

FullMetalJackoff posted:

"Who are you gonna believe, me or you lying eyes?" - soda sippers after watching workplace assault vids

It's wrestling, the rules are a little different when it comes to assault. Actually the rules used to be different when it came to a few other things in the wrestling workplace, until it had to change because of woke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a.lo posted:

Dustin Rhodes sharing a birthday steak with his dog and he used yhe same fork and people are disgusted
they should show this footage next week

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

eating breakfast is #ALLELITE. what did you have for breakfast today? i had eggs, toast, and coffee

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

eating breakfast is #ALLELITE. what did you have for breakfast today? i had eggs, toast, and coffee

Pancakes 😳😳😳

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Mercedes is a fun promo and I like her Kamala Harris energy

This is deadly lol I feel so bad I agree with this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Pancakes 😳😳😳

Not this poo poo again

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

a.lo posted:

Dustin Rhodes sharing a birthday steak with his dog and he used yhe same fork and people are disgusted

this company is fuckin cooked man

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

cooked like dustin's steak

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

shithead, cody rhodes’ dog - gets insulted on national tv in front of millions of viewers, terrified by pyro, is medium sized

shithead’s cousin, dustin rhodes’ dog - gets fed steak right from the fork, doesn’t afraid of anything, is massive

jesse james, road dogg - oh you didn’t know?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I often eat from the same sandwich as my cat who likes people food. We share cheeseburger. My other cat refuses to eat even filet mignon and only likes his cat food

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Goblin Queen posted:

It's wrestling, the rules are a little different when it comes to assault. Actually the rules used to be different when it came to a few other things in the wrestling workplace, until it had to change because of woke.

I'm not unsympathetic of the idea that wrestling is a business with a lot of physicality, pride and testosterone (or....I guess for the women, estrogen....?) flying around and sometimes that's inevitably going to lead to scraps. That happens in real sports all the time. The team sucks, they're on a five game losing streak, poo poo boils over, guys throw a punch at each other during practice, they break it up, everybody moves on. And those kinds of things have happened in AEW, case in point!

quote:

Swerve: I'm not going to front, I'm going to be honest with you, it happens more often than you think.

Starks: Yeah, I've never seen a fight where anyone has won. It's always a draw.

Swerve: Me and Ricky got into a fight.

Starks: Yeah, we did.

Swerve: It was after Double or Nothing. It was a little miscommunication thing. We had our little thing.

Starks: Right in that hallway.

Swerve: Right in the hallway, but the beauty of it, y'all didn't know about it until now. Now, look were we are.

Starks: Judging by the reactions, y'all don't give a poo poo. I like that, that's great.

quote:

We're told that the issues stemmed from a miscommunication late in the match, where there was an unplanned spot that saw Swerve attack Ricky Starks after an attempted pin on Jungle Boy. Starks was originally supposed to go for his finish on someone, but Swerve found himself doing nothing and thought it would be a better improv to get hit and dumped out of the ring, otherwise he'd be standing there watching it. We had heard that they had a follow up segment on Dynamite after that nixed, but made peace after that, and are fine to this day. They even worked together a couple of months later on AEW Fyter Fest.

But even then, "something got mixed up in the ring, two guys had a scrap over it immediately after, they got over it and worked together" is markedly different from "repeatedly ambushing your co-workers over literally nothing".

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

a bowl of oatmeal and a coconut yogurt. ty for asking

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

I'm not unsympathetic of the idea that wrestling is a business with a lot of physicality, pride and testosterone (or....I guess for the women, estrogen....?) flying around and sometimes that's inevitably going to lead to scraps. That happens in real sports all the time. The team sucks, they're on a five game losing streak, poo poo boils over, guys throw a punch at each other during practice, they break it up, everybody moves on. And those kinds of things have happened in AEW, case in point!

But even then, "something got mixed up in the ring, two guys had a scrap over it immediately after, they got over it and worked together" is markedly different from "repeatedly ambushing your co-workers over literally nothing".

Yeah like, the whole point of a receipt is once you give out the receipt, you're square. Punk gave Hangman multiple receipts and still couldn't get over it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Yeah like, the whole point of a receipt is once you give out the receipt, you're square. Punk gave Hangman multiple receipts and still couldn't get over it.

By that point, Punk was trying to start a program with the Elite and they were no-selling him, which they shouldn't have done, because they should've squashed the beef and moved on for the good of the company, except it's also fine if Punk tells Colt he won't talk to him without a lawyer present.

Also Perry saying cry me a river isn't a receipt for leaking the story in the first place, it's stupid internet poo poo.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

punk made jack perry look dumb just so that he could make himself sound like the responsible backstage leader and perry hit back and punk immediately proved he’s not a responsible backstage leader

punk has been doing too much “dumb internet poo poo” and doesn’t have thick enough skin about it when called out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

leaking to the dirtsheets, buddying up with nickhausen, and constantly throwing shade on instagram stories like a jilted ex lover is all way more dumb internet poo poo than anyone he drywall cried about

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cm punk is a little baby man, he cant fight and jack perry would have kicked his rear end if punk hadn't sucker punched him and senor joe hadnt been there

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Yeah, the fights are normal argument has to do a big "I'm not looking at it" in regards to the circumstances of the fight. You have CM Punk, the guy who has been very public about how he believes there are other wrestlers in AEW who are jeopardizing the company and it's draw for their own personal reasons getting into a fight moments before he's supposed to wrestle in their biggest show. You have CM Punk, the guy who leaked the glass story for his personal benefit getting into the fight because he's mad that Jack was turning the whole thing into something they could work. He's expensive, he can't get along, he keeps getting hurt, and the whole time he's borderline delusional. Also he sucks at it. He can't even fight when he gets into them. Why the hell would you keep that around when you can drop him with cause because he can't stop fighting?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Chad Swerve working the match like a pro, Virgin Ricky scared to improvise like he's an NXT kid.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

punk made jack perry look dumb just so that he could make himself sound like the responsible backstage leader and perry hit back and punk immediately proved he’s not a responsible backstage leader

punk has been doing too much “dumb internet poo poo” and doesn’t have thick enough skin about it when called out

I agree, and these are some great posts but it's a little funny seeing your turnaround on the guy. Raw: Not Even Once

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I agree, and these are some great posts but it's a little funny seeing your turnaround on the guy. Raw: Not Even Once

I was talking about this with a friend the other day, that at the crux of it all AEW, in many ways, makes me love and want to watch more wrestling while WWE, in many ways, makes me hate and want to watch less.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

he embarrassed himself and his defenders!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jack Perry ftw???

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You used to be cool, man 😔

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

You used to be cool, man 😔

and then i started watching wrestling again :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

(scape)GOAT

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he embarrassed himself and his defenders!

i'm not embarrassed. sounds like a yp.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Jack Perry ftw???

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

and then i started watching wrestling again :(

I'll be your new best buddy

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was talking about this with a friend the other day, that at the crux of it all AEW, in many ways, makes me love and want to watch more wrestling while WWE, in many ways, makes me hate and want to watch less.

When I watch a wwe show it makes me want to watch more wrestling. Specifically non wwe wrestling. Had a great time watching the post wm night 1 collision at midnight

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

I hope we all learned an important lesson about believing claims in the moment

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Critical posted:

tony assumed fans would see punk as he is, an rear end in a top hat who assaulted a coworker. from what i can see the majority sees him as an elder statesman shutting up some whippersnapper who dared open his mouth

tony vastly overestimated his audience

Median wrestling audience is a bunch of men in their fifties that dream about taking out those teens that keep throwing beer cans in their yard. Of course they get hard when some whiny old man like punk attacks a hot young son of a movie star.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

JUNGLE BOY posted:

leaking to the dirtsheets, buddying up with nickhausen, and constantly throwing shade on instagram stories like a jilted ex lover is all way more dumb internet poo poo than anyone he drywall cried about

hang it in the louvre

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
it is now, a ladder match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

I hope we all learned an important lesson about believing claims in the moment

did anyone look into the copywrite strikes on the fight footage? helwani claims it came from jacksonville (aew). seems weird because not even aew reposted the footage on their youtube page so whats really the claim even if its fan recording in the arena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

KungFu Grip posted:

did anyone look into the copywrite strikes on the fight footage? helwani claims it came from jacksonville (aew). seems weird because not even aew reposted the footage on their youtube page so whats really the claim even if its fan recording in the arena?

no idea but dynamite would have aired on itv by now