Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Tony’s handling of the entire Elite/Punk fallout was embarrassingly bad. Threw away years worth of big money matches/feuds by not knowing how to manage his talent and nip something like that in the bud.

the fact that tony didn't cover punk's mic as soon as he started badmouthing other talent and usher him away is insanity.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Arguing with Punk people as a diehard Hangman fan was fun.

agreed but reversed and if punk did end up being the devil i would probably mark the gently caress out again (he's v obv not the devil)

dont get me wrong i still love me some aew but the "what the gently caress were they thinking" segments are getting distressingly common

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

smarxist posted:

sign Fat gently caress Barrel Boy, coward TK

Been saying this

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

mjf was exactly right when he said he was going to give everyone the reign from hell. but instead of imitating hhh he's imitating supercena

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

QT Marshall quit? what the gently caress?

the company is going in a different direction than he wants
apparently what he wants is to be a main eventer so lol and lmao

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

They are currently airing a pretape showing that Serena Deeb has actually just been trapped in a straitjacket backstage for the last year, which is symbolic maybe

maybe she can dislocate her shoulder to escape. then she'll fit right in with the rest of the locker room

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Low effort shirt. Is that just times new roman

times new roman is a serif font and impact is sans-serif jesus christ its like you're not even trying

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shard posted:

What are you referring to exactly?

i mean other than the whole wrestling thing the company is a giant mess

their merch is mostly garbage, talent relations has been a nightmare until recently even if you exclude punk, they hire japanese talent and give them no assistance in relocation, their tickets are still overpriced as gently caress for the most part causing their attendance to suffer, they let their champion book himself directly into the core of the planet for an entire year, and the big boss is a mark who tends to make decisions based on his markdom

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Pylons posted:

Most wrestling merch is garbage OP

they had a few not completely embarrassing designs early on and thus they gave me hope. then the $150 sublimated bomber jackets came

also some of the prints are neat if you are a recluse who never has company

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also what happened is that they wrote in the contract "you can't hit anyone backstage and then he did" and the fear for his life stuff was to keep the dumbest fans from having an absolute meltdown about the second city saint being a dumbass. Didn't work!

tbf to tony taking the heat like that was a g move even if he said something stupidly hyperbolic. and it pretty much did work cause they booed him and then shut the gently caress up about it for the rest of the weekend

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Tiny Con Meat Glazers

now available in the frozen food section

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

talent relations: punk threw a tempy and now 2/3 of the locker room want nothing to do with him, what should we do
tony: give him his own show
tr:
tony: and let him decide who gets in the building
tr:
tony: oh and let him veto spots too

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

lol even a sixer is stupid. Oh no a white noise post in my wrestling thread! That's why hell thread is the best thread!

here some stats from when i was mod

people who complained about getting a sixer: 0
people on the board who complained about someone else getting a sixer: ~quintillion

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Pylons posted:

HowLongToBeat-assed mentality.

yeah how dare someone say things we like should cost less, what an imbecile

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Was thinking about this last night in the late hours…. With the ratings on the decline AGAIN, and attendance in the toilet… WBD have to be furious with Tony spending so much money on Okada and Botcha. PPV is the only thing keeping AEW going at the moment it seems. It’ll be interesting to see where it ends up after their current contract expires in April

"back to the fed" has ran it's course so we're officially firmly back in "aew is dead" territory. time is a flat circle.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i hope ogogo flips so we can call him *g*g*

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

staring to think that "miro doesnt want to job" is actually "miro doesnt want to wrestle at all"

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Never thought I would have zero interest in a hook match, esp live. Congrats Jericho you fuckin leech.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Hook still owns Jericho just makes anyone in his sphere 75% less interesting. Mjf should have retired him

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Dunno haven't watched lately and I don't like Jericho so my opinion is inherently biased.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Correct decision imo.

I wish someone would tell TK that the mic naturally amplifies your voice and you don't have to yell into it like someone in Nam trying to get an evac the entire time.

Critical fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 14, 2024

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

They should've taken his Visa out and put it back in.

loving chip readers never work

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Ship Jericho back to his palacial estate, he's cooked with the crowds right now

Critical fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 16, 2024

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The "hold each other by the back of the head and flail wildly at their shoulder" spot needs to go. Looks like absolute poo poo every time. Same with Eddie's machine gun chops as others have already mentioned.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

let’s keep this sort of BS tp the social media idiot thread methunks

when you open a portal to hell you dont get to choose what comes through

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

Kawalimus is a bird watcher, which is strong circumstantial evidence that bird watching drives you completely loving insane.

dunno who that is and dont give a gently caress

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MJeff posted:

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS THEN THE POST WASN'T FOR YOU :rant:

well maybe you should include something for everyone in your posting so you dont drive off the casuals. ever think of that, TONY?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

tony is such a poster he's going to helldump someone that has already been banned

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

wouldn't even clean up my cats vomit with this. somehow more embarrassing than the debacle last night

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

tony assumed fans would see punk as he is, an rear end in a top hat who assaulted a coworker. from what i can see the majority sees him as an elder statesman shutting up some whippersnapper who dared open his mouth

tony vastly overestimated his audience

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Podcasters aren't and don't really represent his audience. His audience was in the building

the audience in the building was chanting for punk

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

this is cut after the chants which he literally admits in the loving tweet you just posted

and yes they backtracked but which part of all that do you think people are going to focus on?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

to be clear i think the whole thing was a swing and a miss but also blown way out of proportion. not going to affect the company in any meaningful way and by the time Dynasty is over it will be mostly forgotten about.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

couldnt give less of a poo poo about nepo anything. unless its lance stroll, gently caress him

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

if you do that for a sports event (you should) wait a bit longer than normal because season ticket holders sometimes show up late, esp with baseball

also reminds me of when i went to a concert and the usher for my section had to be dragged away by security because she almost got into a fistfight. was being such a tightass and so loud trying to direct traffic we could hear her over the opening band and got really sore about being told to shut the gently caress up. if she was younger than 75 ill eat my knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

There's like a two hour documentary on YouTube about how Disney hosed up the fast pass and it owns