Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they already did 😔

When did he mean tweet about Beepie? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

NienNunb posted:

Tony’s handling of the entire Elite/Punk fallout was embarrassingly bad. Threw away years worth of big money matches/feuds by not knowing how to manage his talent and nip something like that in the bud.

Folks,

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Going to drop my highly controversial opinion here:

The belts never should have been named "TBS" or "TNT", always thought that was a stupid idea. Just call them the TV and Women's TV championships, that way you can move to a new network someday without having to rename and redesign them

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
I have to agree with whoever it was that said Miro clearly is into angles where his hot and flexible wife is paired up with other guys

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Part of me is very uncomfortable with Hangman dranking someone else's blood

The other part of me is a massive Warhammer 40k nerd that's going "ok, he's blond, handsome, and strong...he's clearly descended from the primarch Sanguinius"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Very strong "Fine! You wanted [thing], you got [thing]! Happy now?" energy from TK there

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
The surest way to win over new fans and please the existing fans who may be getting dissatisfied with/bored of your current wrestling product, is to basically dare them to watch your upcoming tournament

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Longing for the days when Leva Bates wrestling in her "Librarian" gimmick was the worst part of a given AEW show

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Put your money where your mouth is, and watch this tournament, that will be airing for free on our weekly programs

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

also the codyverse was mostly bad but not as bad as the jerichoverse or whatever we're calling the mjf crap

On reflection I would have to agree, nothing the other guys have done has been half as entertaining as Cody getting a boot to the head while beginning what was meant to be a moving speech, or Glock Anderson

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

fez_machine posted:

The C2 is clearly a good faith attempt (not matter how TK spoke at the press conference) at satisfying both Danielson's desire to do a G1 before he retires without actually losing him for a month and the fans feeling alienated from AEW's pivot to showcasing Sports Entertainment at a forefront. I don't think it'll be executed well but that's on AEW's dysfunctions not on its intentions.

"It doesn't matter that Tony's comments have an oddly hostile tone towards the people that are dissatisfied with the current product, because he clearly means well"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Everything Fez said is wrong but it is cringe if the money comment made you feel anything inside.

Personally I don't think it's a good look for the owner of a company to tell his dissatisfied customers to put their money where their loving mouth is, but that's just me

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Disagree I sincerely think more companies should be openly telling their customers and prospective customers to go gently caress themselves sometimes

At least it’s honest

That only really works if you're in a field where there aren't any alternatives for your customers, so they have to like the turds you deign to throw their way. Like WWE during most of the last 25 years, for example

Also I do find it amusing that Vince and co. have in the past cut promos mocking their rabidly loyal fans for basically being dumb enough to like their product, while Tony Khan goes off on the previously loyal fans for being smart enough to not like his current product

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh yeah, live events. I haven't gotten to one this year but between Battle of the Belts and Final Battle last year and the 6 hour one way drive and hotels for specifically those i was probably closer to a grand last year despite two fewer ppvs.

Where's the bracket, tk

E:

They're getting completely valid dunks in, TK

Meanwhile TK's going to take a page out of Stalin's book and start purging insufficiently loyal fans from the AEW fanbase

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
With my mouth on my money and my money on my mouth

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Took him about 4 years, but TK finally proved the ABAB* rule

(*All Billionaires Are Bad)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Company's struggling to sell tickets, WWE's eating their lunch in the ratings, they wasted a bunch of money on a videogame nobody's playing, WWE signed away AEW's hottest up-and-comer (and also Jade Cargill), fans aren't into the "WWE Lite" booking he's doing...at this point TK better just hope Mercedes Mone hasn't started taking calls/texts from Stamford again

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
The Jim Continental Sr. Memorial Cup

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

NienNunb posted:

Eddie looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his Gold Block on Rampage. Very very disrespectful.

Crazy Tony Khan is not happy with my criticism of AEW's current booking--that's okay, I'll still keep watching that garbage.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Punk probably started to see the rot already setting in and asked his lawyers to get him out of his AEW contracts, but was told "we can't, not unless you do something that gets you fired for cause", and welp

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Jay White absolutely should have beaten MJF

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Imagine just how unhinged Posting Tony is going to be when AEW gets clowned on a regular basis by Peter Griffin

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

MJeff posted:

Let me hate his hate, then!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHE0b2Cp_iE

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
The art of leadership is delegation, a fact that TK apparently never internalized

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

MotU posted:

imagine being tony khan and coaxing your favorite wrestler out of retirement for years only to completely botch it by not taking away a mic from him when he's having a Muffin Meltdown and then delivering him giftwrapped to the competition, incredibly tragic

In all seriousness, TK really proved he was out of his depth at that media scrum, by not shutting Punk's mic off or ending it the moment he heard poo poo was going down. Even a store manager at a Target knows that when you have an employee going off in public about something (whether justified or not), you get them out of there and defuse the situation. You don't just let them rant about it to everyone within earshot. Same if there's a fight going on; you don't just sit there and wait for someone else to maybe handle it, you get the parties separated so things don't get completely out of control like they did at Brawl Out.

This is not a defense of anything Punk said or did, mind you, but rather a criticism of TK's lack of control and handling of the situation.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Man, the next WWE staff meeting with both Punk and Regal in attendance is going to be pretty awkward

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i'm willing to bet paul knows a thing or two about how to cool off a heated locker room. we're about to see how a real booker manages his people

Rule #1: don't keep their mic turned on when they go into an angry tirade

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Imagine David Zaslav seeing the Punk return video tomorrow and also getting the overnight numbers for Ranpage + Collision from the same night while he’s in the middle of negotiations for AEW’s new deal

TK's just gonna tell him to put his loving money where his mouth is

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Someone needs to update the CM Punk/Samoa Joe cartoon with "hey man you still in AEW"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

People keep saying AEW is TNA 2005/6 when they just had the most successful business year they ever had.

It's possible for a company to be very successful, while putting out a product people are becoming increasingly disgruntled about

(see also: WWE, Star Wars, the Marvel cinematic universe)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

MJeff posted:

Jack Perry is trending and it's all WWE fans going "Thanks Jack :D" and disgust at the idea of him being the Devil, lol.

TBF I too express disgust at the idea of "Hollywood" Jack Perry being the Devil, it's too badass for him. He should be doing a smarmy-but-cowardly heel gimmick

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Kirios posted:

Been watching AEW since Double or Nothing 2019 and will continue to do so but now that Punk’s in WWE it feels like this company is on borrowed time.

AEW ain't gonna die but after his mismanaging of the Punk situation, TK is definitely steering the company down TNA Lane

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Okuteru posted:

She found out she makes more money on Onlyfans, and without the bumps.

I think she specifically said that she made more money her first day on OF than she'd made over her entire fighting career.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Okuteru posted:

I think Mandy Rose has gone down the same path.

I don't blame them. Show off some cheesecake for the bag in a safe way.

I agree, I think that's also why the Iiconics/Iinspiration somewhat abruptly retired from pro wrestling a year or two ago, because they both started up pages on OF or a similar platform. If they can get the same amount of (or even more) money for a lot less work and risk to their health, then I definitely don't blame any of them.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Brandi later denied this in an interview. I’m of the opinion that Tony said something about her ideas or work that offended her. Maybe not to her but it got back to her. They’ve ruled out enough stuff including money that it’s gotta be something actually personal like they’ve characterized it as

I still subscribe to the belief that Cody fully convinced himself that he was going to get the book in AEW, so he could be like his father in all aspects of his career; when it became clear that was never gonna happen, he took it very hard

Yes, I know he went back to the one company where him getting the book was even less likely to happen than it was in AEW, but that's because his other options were working the indies, going back to Japan, or doing something completely different outside of wrestling, none of which would pay as well as AEW or WWE

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

That DICK! posted:

warned yall bout the acclaimed. warned. y. all. there you were hooting and hollering and whooping daddy rear end, daddy rear end, scissor me daddy rear end scissor me that's the billy gunn from the road doggs, i was shaking my head and saying this is not the way. well since that fateful day everything has gone wrong and all is lost. but hey. at least your scissors are timbered

(regretfully) F-folks...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
I started watching wrestling as a small child, and it was totally entertainment for babies, like Chris Adams busting a wooden chair over Kevin Von Erich's head, and the Magnum T.A./Tully Blanchard "I Quit" match. Might as well have been watching the Smurfs, it was basically the same thing

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Saying that wrestling isn't for children because it's violent is really dumb. Children are the most violent and the most hungry for violence out of all humans. The first comedy we can comprehend is slapstick.

*gestures in the direction of WW2 and various other wars throughout history, and the alt-right movement of today*

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
I'm not ready to hop on the "Punk's promo sucked, all of AEW's problems are now fixed" bandwagon just yet, but drat did that promo suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

whatever the gently caress miro is currently doing lol

What can I say, the man just really likes seeing his wife with other dudes